Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innoventions

• SuperDork

Innoventions

Okay, I promised my kid again that I would ask this....He really likes Innoventions, does anyone else?
    I have shared with him why it is not something I am so crazy about , but if you don't like it, what are your reasons?

• All? NO, ALL!

Re: Innoventions

The only thing in there worth doing is VMK. And you can play it at home.

I don't like it because it doesn't fit the bill for Tomorrowland. It's more like a Circuit City that you have to pay to get in to see; today's technology posing as futuristic.

If there were something there I could see or hear or experience that would fill me with a sense of wonder and awe, then I'd probably like it.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Hooterville, USA

Maybe if I hadn't seen what was there before it to compare. It really has no use in my opinion.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

I thought it was sorta cool that you could send an e-card to yourself, I did that. I never recieved the card, what the Heck man?! I don't see any purpose in the place after that awful experience.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

My 10 year old loves Innoventions. I think it's rather boring, although it does have the benefit of awesome air conditioning on those hot summer days!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

It has a nice view of the park...

I don't really see the need for Innoventions. It may have seemed like a good idea, but it's just boring and pointless. If you want hands on demonstrations of the latest technology stuff- go to Best Buy! I think Innoventions was one of the worst decisions for the 1998 redo of Tomorrowland and would like to see it be replaced, hopefully by Mission Space.

• the subs were cool maan

Its not that bad. Its certainly not the best thing in tomorrowland, but (the second floor) does has some things in it that are semi-futuristic. About the only semi-futuristic thing we got in '98

• Basking in birthday love

I miss the Segways. Those were freakin' sweet. I like playing the video games and making fun of the watered-down Disney DDR you can play. And I like the keyboard game, sort of. It's a nice way to kill some time while waiting for Buzz Fastpasses to come up, and it get us out of the sun and out of the crowds. I feel like I've done everything there is to do a million times, though. If they're going to keep it around, they really need to get some new stuff in there.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

A pavilion in which we are turned loose to explore seemed like a great new concept in Tomorrowland. Which had not been tried ... Not since the days of the "Exhibition Hall" experience between 1955-1966, with exhibits such as Hall of Chemistry, and Hall of Aluminum Fame.

When I first toured it when it opened August 1998 my thoughts were as mentioned above: Pointless and Boring.

This replaced a 24 minute 114 Audio Animatronic musical extravaganza?

I'm my heart ... it's might as well joined the list of Circle-Vision, Submarine Voyage, Peoplemover: In a "closed" state ......... as I would just continue walking on by .. as my "Tomorrowland Experience" dwindled down into a short trip.

I understand Asimo is interesting. And soon I'll check that out.

But walking in .. and toying around with a series of computers and other "X Box" gaming type stuff ....... didn't feel like an exclusive Disney Theme Park experience .. since computers, and gaming electronics are pretty standard in many homes.

But what's not standard in many homes are 114 Audio Animatronic Musical Shows, and History Of Electricity multi-media elaborate presentations.

Got one in your living room?

Innoventions feels as common as several dozen places I can find around town, or right in my home.

For the future ....... I'm hoping for another FAMILY type experience where we can sit down .. and we are taken "in grand Disneyland style" on an adventure on some "traveling" vehicle .. may it be another revolving carousel "theatre" type show ... or perhaps something completely different .. just as long as it is an actual moving ride.

Not Mission:Space though.

Mission:Space is too exclusive to only certain people. If you're not in absolute perfect health .. a certain age .......... then one is ruled out.

The carousel building sits in the CENTER of the land.

Because of it's unique position - Careful consideration must be taken for this "Tomorrowland CENTERpiece" for the future.

Only "Family Friendly" attractions need apply.

• In Technicolor!

Walking through Innoventions, I feel like I'm standing on hallowed ground that's been bulldozed. It was built for Carousel of Progress - period. Putting anything else there just feels ... wrong.

• Basking in birthday love

Someone proposed a restaurant with the seating on the carousel where you spin around a huge model of Disneyland. I like that idea. The carousel needs to be used for something other than just entrance into the building.

Not Carousel of Progress, though. Something new. Tomorrowland rides shouldn't be nostalgic, it's oxymornic.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• insufferable know-it-all

It seems ridiculous to me that they can't come up with a great new CoP show. Spread the timeline out a little bit to reach modern day. I considered it a great form of edu-tainment, as it gives guests a little glimpse into what life was like before, and how far we've come. Then upstairs they could do a museum of modern machinery. Honestly this is the kind of stuff I'd have found cool as a kid (and still would today). They could do displays on the evolution of audio-animatronics, computers, televisions, cameras.... There could be a "show" area for Innoventions-like stuff that comes through (obviously things like ASIMO and Segways are kinda cool, but there just isn't enough really great stuff to fill the whole building), and this would allow Disney to still take sponsorship money, but it would be more exclusive.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

The one thing I dont care about is the countless things you can do at home (i.e. video games, VMK) and also the fact that it in my opinion is like a year round technology trade show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast