Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Thumbs down Cars E Ticket for DCA.

Today, Al Lutz's updat claims a Cars-themed E Ticket will go in DCA.

This is perhaps the WORST idea they could do. Let's forget that it will be a fun ride for a minute and think - it's based on a cartoon movie. Seriously. Why is the Disneyland Resort doing this to itself? Cars, as a movie, will only be remembered so long. Then everyone will be like "what movie?" When they ride that ride.

You can say the same for Splash Mountain...fun ride, based on a movie barely anyone knows.

I'm happy DCA is getting attention but must it be more cartoonization?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Cars E Ticket for DCA.

Hey, they started work on Jurassic Park the ride at Ush PRIOR to the film being made... why can't Disney do the same???
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Has nothing to do with when, Darkbeer. I'm saying, why does it have to be based on a cartoony movie?

I agree with your point about Cars -- the movie could be the one Pixar effort that tanks.

I don't think comparing it to Splash Mountain is valid, though. I've never seen Song of the South, but I love Splash Mountain, and can totally appreciate it independently of the movie it is based on.

We can only hope that a Cars ride is so fantastic that it stands alone, much like Splash Mountain.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Today, Al Lutz's updat claims a Cars-themed E Ticket will go in DCA.

This is perhaps the WORST idea they could do. Let's forget that it will be a fun ride for a minute and think - it's based on a cartoon movie. Seriously. Why is the Disneyland Resort doing this to itself? Cars, as a movie, will only be remembered so long. Then everyone will be like "what movie?" When they ride that ride.

You can say the same for Splash Mountain...fun ride, based on a movie barely anyone knows.

Ever been to Fantasyland?

• No bacon; sausage.

Thank you for invalidating your point. Yeah, almost no one knows what movie Splash Mountain is themed from...and yet it's one of the most popular rides in the park. Mr. Toad's, anyone?

So what if the movie flops, or is forgotten in 10, 15, 20 years? As long as the ride, like Splash or Toad's, does not rely on the movie for its context and excitement, but is rather a quality, well themed ride experience idependent of the actual theme, it doesn't matter what the theme is.

• Banned User

Fantasyland is meant to have the cartoon rides...duh...

I'm just mad really because I bet Cars is some typical movie with a nothing-special plot and it doesn't need an E-Ticket based on it.

• Rock Star Minion

I think synergy is probably the only reason for such a large company to exist and run successfully.
    Two messages are being sent here by DIS:
    1. "We can't make high-quality movies anymore."
    2. "Pixar, your creations will live forever only if you work with us."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Boozer, User, and Loser

Let's not forget that Matterhorn was inspired by a movie as well. Granted it's not a direct tie-in, but movie based rides have been made for years. DCA needs whatever it can get. If the movie flops or the ride becomes stale, it sounds like it would be easy to change the rides storyline since it has to do with a car.

What's with all the Pixar stuff!! I'm a huge Pixar fan, but I think Disney is going overboard with all the Pixar stuff in the parks. All this Pixar stuff confirms one of my worst nightmares- Disney owns all the rights to all the films that Pixar made and were released by Disney. This is also Disney's way of telling Pixar "You do all the work, and we just put our castle on the beginning and send it to the theatres- then we'll take all the characters and make our own theme park attractions and crappy sequels without you." I pray that Disney and Pixar could come to an agreement to maybe continue their relationship- maybe, instead of signing a big multi- film exculsive deal, Pixar may sign onto one film at a time, and do other projects with other studios at the same time. I'm really angry that Disney is doing "Toy Story III" without Pixar (and probably without any of the cast from the previous films) and I hope it doesn't result in a sequel to "The Incredibles" without Pixar or Brad Bird!
    Last edited by Mr_Incredible; 07-12-2005 at 09:27 AM.

The better question is, "Are the cars in the "Cars" movie Californian?"

I agree, though, that this Pixar stuff is really altering the character of Disneyland for the worse and making D.C.A. into an even bigger mess.

• The one, the only...

!

Fantasyland is meant to have the cartoon rides...duh...

I'm just mad really because I bet Cars is some typical movie with a nothing-special plot and it doesn't need an E-Ticket based on it.
    I think that you are blinded by your hate of it being a cartoon and perhaps of Pixar in general. Let's think about. The movie is based on the idea that Cars can have personalities. This is not a new concept. Many people name their cars. Previous movies have done this concept, (Herbie and Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang are examples!) People in So Cal have a fond affection for their car, and in some cases it is like a member of the family.

Taking just that concept: Cars can have personalities and add to it the thrill of speed, this could be a VERY fun attraction. I think that the cars need to have moving expressions, maybe wink at people while waiting in line. Then their "personal friend" will sweep them off to race perhaps a fictional villain car. This concept is GOOD. It is unique and very DISNEY, even if it is made by Pixar. In fact, it might be a better ride concept than a movie concept.

Remember: All of Disneyland is based on Fantasy, not just Fantasyland. DCA is missing fantasy and magic. Right now it is just a decorative shopping mall! Let's try to add thrill rides that have some magic to them.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

When is Cars supposed to come out anyway? I remember seeing a trailer for it a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, but no release date. Just "Coming Soon".

If they build that ride, and it STILL doesn't save the poor crowd attendance at DCA...

Man, I bet there'll be some big execs banging their heads againt the conference room table.

• Banned User

AGREED, Mr. Incredible.

First of all, Disney's animated films have been nothing great lately, which is probably why they keep doing all this Pixar attraction synergy. But I hate it. Must they RUIN their parks' unique style with these rides? Stitch, Buzz, Incredibles, Cars, Toy Story 2-Flying Saucers, these are just some of the rumored/already built attractions based on Pixar. Some are for WDW, some for Disneyland.

Let's not rely on cartoons to save a park (DCA)...

• Banned User

Yes, it must.

Cartoonization is going to happen. The original mundane, real world concept for DCA was a titanic flop that resulted in just about everyone involved with it losing their jobs!

The CA theme is dead and burried. Long-live the hodge-podge of cartoonization and original mundane scars.

You can accept cartoonization and move on.... Or you can clinch you fists and yell at the sky and hold your breath until you turn blue.... However, neither choice will halt the steam-roller which is cartoonization.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast