•   
    • Shenanigans.

Disneyland Wishing Well

I know that the money goes to "help children everywhere", but does anyone know exactly what non-profit agency receives the wishing well money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Re: Disneyland Wishing Well

To a charity called Disney Hand
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Old Timer

And this is a policy that dates back to Walt's time.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    I know that the money goes to "help children everywhere", but does anyone know exactly what non-profit agency receives the wishing well money?
    Children can collect their share at front gate. Ask a Cast Member for details!

• Old Timer

Okay, I'll tell my magic story again.
    I give out magic wishing pennies. I have done so for years. I usually give them to children, but there are always adults who need a wish. Years ago, I was standing by Snow White's wishing well. I had given pennies to several children. Then I noticed a couple, standing slightly apart. For some reason, I walked up to them and said that they looked as if they could use wishes and gave them pennies. I then forgot about it. About 18 months later, I'm once again standing by the Well when this man ran up to me and asked me my name. When I said 'Lynn', he looked to his wife and said, "we got it right" and introduced me to their daughter, Theresa Lynn.
    It turns out that when I had last seen them they had just been told that it was unlikely that they would be able to have a child biologically their own. They came to spend a weekend at their favorite place before they began to think of their alternatives.
    They got pregnant that weekend.
    I've seen them and their lovely daughter several times.
    So I beleive the Wells are Magic and that they help children everywhere, just like it says.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman View Post
    I give out magic wishing pennies. I have done so for years. I usually give them to children, but there are always adults who need a wish. Years ago, I was standing by Snow White's wishing well. I had given pennies to several children. Then I noticed a couple, standing slightly apart. For some reason, I walked up to them and said that they looked as if they could use wishes and gave them pennies. I then forgot about it. About 18 months later, I'm once again standing by the Well when this man ran up to me and asked me my name. When I said 'Lynn', he looked to his wife and said, "we got it right" and introduced me to their daughter, Theresa Lynn.
    It turns out that when I had last seen them they had just been told that it was unlikely that they would be able to have a child biologically their own. They came to spend a weekend at their favorite place before they began to think of their alternatives.
    So I beleive the Wells are Magic and that they help children everywhere, just like it says.
    nice story.

Glad Disney gives the monies to a charity.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

That is such a nice, heart warming story!!! You must be honored to have them remember you and naminging their daughter after you!!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Awesome Story!

Glad you repeated it.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Very heartwarming story. Good job.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Just FYI...here's some background on the Well and Grotto:

Opus Archives: Snow White Grotto

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post

LOL! I'm still laughing at this

I believe some of the fountains (I've only seen them in DCA) have a plaque that states which charity your change goes to.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Disneymom

what a cute heartwarming story. Thanks for sharing.

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post

any age limits?

I'm still a er... Kid at heart
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

. They came to spend a weekend at their favorite place before they began to think of their alternatives.
    Gives new meaning to the term, "The Happiest Place On Earth."

This is a very nice story. I am sure that act of kindness had a lot to do with it!