Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Question That Corner In Hollywood Pictures Backlot

Hey guys,

After reading some more about the updates coming to DCA I started wondering about what's to come for the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area.

I remember reading about the roofless limos, Hyperion finally getting the love and look it deserves, and Muppet Vision getting replaced with Mickey's Philharsomething or other. However, the one area that I'm the most curious about is the corner between the restrooms next to Hyperion and Monsters Inc: Mike & Sully To The Rescue. Does anybody know what is planned for this little corner?

...Joe...

• Minion

Re: That Corner In Hollywood Pictures Backlot

I don't know what could happen to that corner I just know I snuck back their and used a water fountain and left before DL managers stepped on stage.

• Minion

BTW are you talking about the former food court?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    BTW are you talking about the former food court?
    I'm not really sure. The area I'm talking about is a little past the restrooms next to Hyperion Theatre. There's really nothing over there. Heck, even some sort of sit-down food joint would be better than nothing.

...Joe...

• Queen Elsa

I think he's talking about the place that has Crulla De Vil's trailer there. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I think he's talking about the place that has Crulla De Vil's trailer there. Right?
    YES! Thank you! I couldn't remember what was over there since...well, er...uh...there ISN'T anything over there. LOL. Well, except for what you just said.

If anybody has any pictures of this corner that would be a great addition to this thread.

So yeah, any word yet on what's gonna happen over there?

...Joe...

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Hollywood and Dine?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Yes already, that's it.

He's right, it's hard to explain. "It's sort of this boring, dead area in DCA. OK you're right that could be anywhere. You know it's back by Monsters Inc. No not the whole area, just this one building way back in the corner with the doors chained closed. Yeah, by the DeVil trailer." Plus behind it there's the Timon Tram track, which may be going away unless you'll one day travel to the third theme park on the Timon Tram.

• Minion

I say the great movie ride shout be put in that spot. or anything! and space is not really an issue because we can build underground unlike WDW.

Maybe they could move the MaliBOOMer over here and retheme it to fallen Hollywood stars. LOL

...Joe...

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Maybe they could move the MaliBOOMer over here and retheme it to fallen Hollywood stars. LOL

...Joe...

I like those restrooms by the Cruella trailer. No one's ever in it and they are HUGE. And shiny.

• U. B. Bold

^Never under estimate the appeal of huge shiny restrooms.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Minion

Hopefully Disney has plans for that building and the WWTBAM. Then again they said that they didn't release everything.
    Jeff Wayne

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

From my AbandonedLand thread...

Hollywood & Dine
    Stage 12, or what was previously Hollywood & Dine sits in the far corner of the Hollywood Pictures backlot, near Monsters Inc. The building previously housed Hollywood & Dine, a restaurant that opened with the park serving Asian specialties, burgers, deli sandwiches, and pizza. After guest demand didn't meet the expectations, the establishment was shuttered. Instead of Imagineering a replacement, Disney instead constructed a brown wall in front of the building, planted some palm trees and called it good. Now Stage 12 is used for private parties, media receptions, and other private events. Most of the interior decor from Hollywood & Dine is still intact, but remains unseen by the general public. As for dining, if you want a quick bite from this corner of the park, you can get a snack from the Studio Catering Company truck that was added when the "Hollywood Studios" placemaking project rethemed this area of the Backlot. But don't get your hopes up - the catering truck is often closed as well.

Coca Cola Drive-In
    This area used to feature a photo-op with an old 1950s sports car, and additional overflow seating for Hollywood & Dine. Now the Drive-In structure is used primarily for seating for the Studio Catering Company truck, if its open, or a resting place for tired parents as their children play on the nearby Monsters Inc photo-op. The 50s car photo-op which matched the theme of the structure, is no longer there.

This area is painful. Unfortunately, Disney uses Hollywood & Dine for private parties and functions - so they don't have to spend much to keep the facilities maintained and then they make loads of money renting it out for events. It's a win-win for Disney. I wouldn't hope on getting anything in there for a while... There aren't even any rumors of it being on the radar for the DCA remodel.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlm/...emedEventsPage
    Hollywood Pictures Backlot North
    Capacity: 250-800 attendees
    The Northern section of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot becomes the exclusive playground for exciting Dining and Entertainment. Your custom event may include our theme dining location, Hollywood & Dine, to the hilarious fun and excite-ment of the Muppet*Vision 3D Attraction.

Hollywood and Dine
    Capacity: 100-600 attendees
    Located in Hollywood Pictures Backlot, this location evokes the "Hollywood" of old. The setting is made complete with big screen props and backstage equipment allowing your group to feel as if they are behind the scenes on a movie set during the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Similarly, the former Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - Play It! building, or Stage 17, also offers private event opportunities.
    Stage 17
    Capacity: 100-900 attendees
    Stage 17, a working soundstage, also features a moveable stage, a pair of hanging video projection screens and an onsite food preparation area. All of this makes it the ideal place to produce dazzling meetings or networking event.
    But it won't for much longer - since that building is slated to become the temporary entrance of DCA when the Sunshine Plaza makes way for Walt Disney Plaza in 2009-2011.

Probably most notably, Stage 17 was used by Disney back in early 2006 for the Monsters Inc attraction grand opening VIP party.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Didn't they used to have the sea serpent from World of Motion in that corner?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast