Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Question for the JC Skippers [Indiana Jones Temple]

This has been bugging me for a long time. Regarding the offcial "Speil" you guys get, is there anything in in regarding the Indiana Jones temple? Most times I'm on the cruise most skippers pretend like its not even there and on a rare occasion one trys to make some corny joke about it that doesnt really go off to well but hey i give them credit for trying. Is there anything in the speil regarding the temple or are any comments about it up the the skipper's discretion?

Re: Question for the JC Skippers

I think it is because of all those plants they put in to block the view of indy to cut down on guest interaction is why most skips do not speil there. when I worked in the Jungle I had about 7 different speils for the temple area but that was before the dark times before the landlock...

• "I Break Things"

Indy is a bit of a tricky subject. Technically when you go on Jungle the "last part of civilization" is the dock, then you round the corner and see a little kid with a churro and a Mickey Mouse balloon! That kind of breaks the theme. Anyhow, it's a pretty difficult scene for a lot of Skips. Sometimes the crowd would heckle the boat, other times they would be upset if you cracked jokes about them. Then you had those "special cases" when a fellow Skip would go over to Indy's Exit and make it his personal mission to make you drop the mic! So for a lot of them it wasn't an easy scene to begin with.

Now you have the planter blocking most of the temple and the people in front of it. On one side you have Bob waaaaaay up on the berm... and then on the other side you have this tiny gap in the bamboo right before you hit the city. They didn't make it any easier to pull this one off.

Personally I mentioned the temple, but didn't really joke about it. I used it mainly as the "pre-show" for the Sunken City. I'm at work right now... I'll dig up the jokes when I get home.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Fun question, I'm interested to hear the official answers. I've heard some of the following said there (my bad recollections):

Commonly, "These are strange jungle creatures on the right. They walk on TWO legs. But be careful, when they're young they'll latch onto you and suck you dry for 18-25 years!"

Also, "Disney archaeologists discovered this structure on our right in 1995. It now holds Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Four Hour Line." but haven't heard that one for a long time . . . .

Then there's those skippers that would interact with the people walking along the pathway, Quietly: "These people are coming out of the restrooms." Loudly: "How was it!?" to which guests would always react excitedly... lol ...

• Knows Where His Towel Is

"That movement that the bipedals are making is a mating ritual."

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

I liked the temple jokes when i heard em, always made me laugh hehe or if i was part of the joke it made me want to ride JC!!!

on a side note....I love JC skippers...best people in the park hehe!! that or haunted mansion...they usually play the part well!! and for Cali adventure...tower of terror definately hehe
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by mousephreak23 View Post
    I liked the temple jokes when i heard em, always made me laugh hehe or if i was part of the joke it made me want to ride JC!!!

on a side note....I love JC skippers...best people in the park hehe!! that or haunted mansion...they usually play the part well!! and for Cali adventure...tower of terror definately hehe
    My best friend and I would laugh to ourselves at ToT guys if they were particularly bad, she'd start cracking up - and saying the scariest part of the ride was the bad acting.

Personally - I love the Jungle Cruise as long as you have a charismatic funny skipper. Usually the ladies are the ones who do it the best for me. Especially when they either do it with a sort of 'dumb-girl' personality, or i like the dry/tired/'oh... this is so funny, ha. ha.' personality.

There was one girl.. 2 years ago - i remember having her on gay days that year - i believe her name was Sarah. A) She was AMAZINGLY gorgeous, dark brown hair, porcelain skin, and the most remarkable steely-blue eyes, and B) she was hilarious.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by mikemgmve View Post
    There was one girl.. 2 years ago - i remember having her on gay days that year - i believe her name was Sarah. A) She was AMAZINGLY gorgeous, dark brown hair, porcelain skin, and the most remarkable steely-blue eyes, and B) she was hilarious.
    I'll tell her you said hello.

Official Crap from the 05 spiel (sorry would have posted sooner but didn't have it on me and don't have a current one)
    • "Across the way the mysterious Temple of the Forbidden Eye where the famed Dr. Indiana Jones is searching for one of the world's greatest treasures. As you can see the dig has attracted the world's most eminent archaeologists, historians, explorers and journalists. Aren't they clever disguising themselves as simple tourists!"
    • "Across the way the mysterious Temple of the Forbidden Eye where the famed Dr. Indiana Jones is searching for one of the world's greatest treasures. (Gag in this is that you are the one screaming) When people disappear inside the temple, I sometimes hear hideous screams of untold terror. Then I compose myself and resume the tour.
    • (Group of Guests wearing yellow clothing) And there on our right behold! The lost banana tribe. There's a whole bunch of them.
    • Ah, our first view of wildlife in the Jungle. Fascinating how the ingenious creatures tend their young and stalk their prey. (If a young child is looking towards the boat) Better look out ma'am/sir that one's looking right at you.
    • By the way, we put that rope up there for your safety. It keeps the chickens in and the wild animals out. you figure out which is which.
    • (If parent and child are looking from Indy queue to the boat) And if you look over there you can catch a rare glimpse of some of our Jungle residents teaching their offspring how to hunt.
    • (Guests in Indy Queue wearing brightly colored clothing) Be careful of the brightly colored ones. That means they're poisonous.
    • (Guests in Indy queue wearing sports jersey) And here we are at the Indiana Jones and the Temple of th Forbidden Eye. As you can see it attracts all kinds of wildlife. Some of them are even tagged and numbered.
    • (Guest with children alternate) Look there, that parent is holding one of the most dangerous animals in the Jungle. They may look cute and cuddly, but they latch on to you for 18 to 20 years and slowly bleed you dry. At least that is what my parents told me.
    Personally I didn't like any of these "approved" ones. I used the poisonous and tagged ones on occasion. I really didn't play up Indy, kind of just had some on the back burner in case a Manager jumped in or someone tried to heckle me not that anyone would be that stupid but I did get lucky now and then! If the digs were full I had a couple I loved to use.

• Amazing creatures, truly fascinating, look how they've developed over time. Wow, walking on their hind legs, highly social, large group, it's a herd. And notice how they all follow each other back and forth. They must be grazing!
    • This, is a very ancient, very famous temple. As you can see it is still very much alive today. You're lucky, this is the festival season. It's called "OMOMOMOM HAHA OMOM HA UGH UGH". Loosely translated "Festival of Laundry Day, just wear whatever's clean". And the natives are definitely celebrating!
    Then I would usually pick on an Indy CM if they were standing around.

The point of the Submit-A-Joke program was that WDI realized we needed better jokes, and if we could bend and twist anything they came up with, why not tap into that natural talent and get some fresh air! I'm not sure what the current script looks like but I know a lot of the new stuff... and every time I hear it I laugh because I know who wrote it!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I used to make a point of going over to French Market and getting a few portion packets of Grey Poupon mustard, and keep them handy in my pocket.

Because one of these days when I'm on my way out of Indy and lolling around in the temple forecourt area a Skip was bound to ask a gag line I'd heard them use before: "Pardon me Sir, do you happen to have any Grey Poupon?"

Then I could blow the gag wide open by responding "But, Of course!" whip a few packets out of my pocket, hold them up so the Crew and Skip can see what they are, say "Heads Up!" and toss them toward the boat... Game, Set and Match.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    (Guest with children alternate) Look there, that parent is holding one of the most dangerous animals in the Jungle. They may look cute and cuddly, but they latch on to you for 18 to 20 years and slowly bleed you dry. At least that is what my parents told me.
    Oh memories...my best friend wrote that joke. Never ceases to amaze me how much of the 03 crew made it into the current speil.

Anyhow, I didn't notice any of the old school speils, and just a few I had in my back pocket if I was feeling I had a good crew.
    • Over on your right hand side is Indiana Jones, and the temple of the three hour line. No ride in there folks....just a line.
    • Over to your right is the Temple of The Forbidden Eye and standing there is Patrick (Patrick is a rather large guy) either that or Indiana Jones has really let himself go.
    • And now on your left is where Indiana Jones is digging for lost treasure, you know I talked to Indy the other day he said hey Chris...the Tiki Room just called...I said The Tiki Room, what is it? He said...it's a show with singing birds and flowers but that's not important right now.
    • Over on your right is the line for the bathroom ( to a passing oblivious guest) hey, how was it? Guest: It was great!
    • On your right is a preview of some some of the dangerous and oddly shaped creatures we'll see in the Jungle. (point to a male guest) ahh...I see one of the female of the species has brought it's young down to the river for a drink. You can tell it's the female from it's mood swings and wide child bearing hips. watch the ones with the strollers folks, they aiming for your ankles
    • Over on your right a the Temple of The Forbidden Eye where group of frinedly native has come to greet us...let's see if I speak there language. oooka chaka ooka chaka ooka chaka, I can't stop this feeling, deep inside of me. Girl you just don't realize what you do to me...I (pause...sing) I'm hooked on a feeling.
    • I wrote about this in the Jungle antics thread but it's worth reposting. On a certain Skips last day back when we still had the guns (the first time), there was a another CM stationed at the Temple Exit dressed in a long black robe carrying a plastic sword. When the Skip pulled around the Skip in the black robe pulled out the sword, and as you can guess, they reenacted the famous marketplace scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark. CM swung the sword around a bit, Skip looked at him, pulled out the gun and *BANG*, all to a boatfull of aplause.
    And one that my friend got banned after a family complained.
    • Everyone wave to the animals (guests wave) Ahhh...yes, Monkey see monkey do.
    Last edited by TrojanSkippa; 09-15-2007 at 12:43 AM.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
    And now on your left is where Indiana Jones is digging for lost treasure, you know I talked to Indy the other day he said hey Chris...the Tiki Room just called...I said The Tiki Room, what is it? He said...it's a show with singing birds and flowers but that's not important right now.
    Surely you're joking.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

\And one that my friend got banned after a family complained.
    • Everyone wave to the animals (guests wave) Ahhh...yes, Monkey see monkey do.
    No no that got banned because I had Jim L. Jon S. and Bob R. on my boat and did all my jokes from the script.... they came back to the dock went to Gerry and said he was good except for one joke then Gerry pulled out the script and showed them.. after that it was on the wall of banned jokes. Its one thing to get a non SOP joke banned but one that was in the script that new hires were to follow.

• "I Break Things"

• I wrote about this in the Jungle antics thread but it's worth reposting. On a certain Skips last day back when we still had the guns (the first time), there was a another CM stationed at the Temple Exit dressed in a long black robe carrying a plastic sword. When the Skip pulled around the Skip in the black robe pulled out the sword, and as you can guess, they reenacted the famous marketplace scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark. CM swung the sword around a bit, Skip looked at him, pulled out the gun and *BANG*, all to a boatfull of aplause.
    Funny, I didn't realize you started when she left! I was on that boat and remember how proud a future Army Captain was to re-enact that scene! As to the Spiel I had a couple PM's of shock that I at some point even knew the O.G. spiel! the TS asked specifically if there was anything "official" for that spot. I never said it was any good!

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Surely you're joking.

No I'm not....

and don't call me Shirley.

ZING!!!!
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Karnever View Post
    No no that got banned because I had Jim L. Jon S. and Bob R. on my boat and did all my jokes from the script.... they came back to the dock went to Gerry and said he was good except for one joke then Gerry pulled out the script and showed them.. after that it was on the wall of banned jokes. Its one thing to get a non SOP joke banned but one that was in the script that new hires were to follow.
    LOL now I know who this is... kept thinking... I know this guy from somewhere... makes more sense now. Yeah I put a bit in the Antics thread about confusing Bob pretty badly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast