• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Questions for a holiday trip

As you may know, I am planning on returning to Disneyland the week between Christmas and New Years, leaving New Years Day. NNL and I have been discussing plans, and we both would like to try and eat dinner at the Disneyland Hotel. My question to you is, if we have our romantic dinner at the hotel, and wander through the grounds, waterfalls, etc, will the parks be so busy that we won't get back in after our meal? I have never been to any Disney park during the holiday, and I will only be in Disneyland for a few days that week, and want to try and get as much in as possible. Do the crowds lighten up at night? I am not tlaking abou New Years Eve, but a day or two beforehand.

Also, what are some of the romantic full service restaurants in the Disneyland resort? We are looking at suggestions and going to try out one or two each time I am out there.

Thanks everyone!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Minion

Re: Questions for a holiday trip

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    As you may know, I am planning on returning to Disneyland the week between Christmas and New Years, leaving New Years Day. NNL and I have been discussing plans, and we both would like to try and eat dinner at the Disneyland Hotel. My question to you is, if we have our romantic dinner at the hotel, and wander through the grounds, waterfalls, etc, will the parks be so busy that we won't get back in after our meal? I have never been to any Disney park during the holiday, and I will only be in Disneyland for a few days that week, and want to try and get as much in as possible. Do the crowds lighten up at night? I am not tlaking abou New Years Eve, but a day or two beforehand.

Also, what are some of the romantic full service restaurants in the Disneyland resort? We are looking at suggestions and going to try out one or two each time I am out there.

Thanks everyone!
    I was at the parks last Christmas (26th, 28th), and I don't think I was ever denied access (I heard this only occurs on New Year's Eve). However, they did suspend the selling of tickets for Disneyland around mid-afternoon.

As for a romantic restaurant, I highly recommend the Napa Rose. Excellent food and upscale atmosphere. Blue Bayou is romantic, but the food is hardly table service quality.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

On new year's eve, you *might* have a problem with getting back in later in the evening...obviously since that day is one of the most busiest/crowded days of the year. Any other day, shouldn't be a problem...

• Still wants to be a cat!

Steakhouse 55 is an excellent choice for a romantic dinner for two without the prices of Napa Rose, but NNL of course knows that.

Crowds, yep. But should be no problem returning to the Park in the evening.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Circle of Ancients

As long as you have a hand-stamp, you should be okay.

As for food:

Yamabuki is good for Japanese
    We both REALLY liked Hook's Pointe (although not what I'd really call 'romantic')
    Napa Rose most definately

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Oooh oooh, pick Napa Rose!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Napa Rose and Blue Bayou are most excellent. Catal in Downtown Disney is prety nice, too.

That week between Christmas and New Year's will be super busy... get to the park early and plan to stay all day in case they have to close the gates!
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

I would think that any dinner with the beautiful and charming NNL would be romantic!
    Rick

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    I would think that any dinner with the beautiful and charming NNL would be romantic!
    Of course, any time spent with NNL is romantic....just a locale that provide an appropriate ambiance or a finer table service restaurant would be a better way to phrase my question.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    Whitewater Snacks it is!

A signature should go here.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    Whitewater Snacks it is!

Well, we DID have our first meal together there....

Rixter!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

all together now, "aawwww young love"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

Thanks everyone!
    There is the chance you might try to reenter Disneyland and get told the park is at capacity. It happened several times last year (one year it happened EVERY day that week.) With the exception of NYE, the park generally reopens by 4-6pm after the parade (and people leaving.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

We were at the park between Christmas & New Years last year. Very crowded and on New Years Eve they warned us not to leave the park if we intended on getting back in. NYE was so crowded that we couldn't get on very many rides at all and in fact you could hardly get through the crowds to get from one land to another. I would actually never go to Disneyland on NYE again (worse than 4th of July!). That being said, the other days are great and the decorations are pure magic.

Bonus: buy your xmas decorations for next year as there are terrific bargains at all the shops!

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee