• Minion

Opening week!1992

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y-K9I13vmSk

this is a rare video of the making of fantsamic! After watching this I started wondering what it would be like to be in attendance on the opening week. did the show go off with out a hitch, was there a buzz in the air, and did people flock to Disneyland perhaps after seeing a commercial for fantasmic? Also what could have it been like to be on the opening crew???

so I guess I'm asking for stories about what it was like to see the first shows or even be in the shows for that matter.

Re: Opening week!1992

cool find!!!
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

The stories I've heard is it wowed guests, and word of mouth got around, people would come to see the show from everywhere.. Every now and then it would get cancelled due to weather or what not, and the crowd would litterally mob, garbage cans were thrown, people were in tree's.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

THAT WAS AWESOME! I REMEMBER BEING THERE ON A CAST DRESS REHEARSAL FOR FANTASMIC! AND I WAS ABOUT 8 or 9 AND ALL I REMEMBER WAS THAT I WAS SO SHOCKED AND AMAZED AT WHAT I WAS SEEING! FANTASMIC IS TRULY A SPECTACULAR SHOW! THERES NO WHERE ON EARTH THAT YOU CAN SEE A SPECIAL EFFECTS SHOW LIKE THAT! IT WILL BE AROUND FOR MANY MORE YEARS! IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS IM GONNA UPLOAD A NEW VIDEO OF FANTASMIC THAT SHOWS BEHINED THE SCENES FOOTAGE AND THE OPENING NIGHT WHERE MICHEAL EISNER AND MALEFICENT DEDICATED THAT SHOW! SO STAY TUNED

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Uhm, I say upload now ahahaha

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    THAT WAS AWESOME! I REMEMBER BEING THERE ON A CAST DRESS REHEARSAL FOR FANTASMIC! AND I WAS ABOUT 8 or 9 AND ALL I REMEMBER WAS THAT I WAS SO SHOCKED AND AMAZED AT WHAT I WAS SEEING! FANTASMIC IS TRULY A SPECTACULAR SHOW! THERES NO WHERE ON EARTH THAT YOU CAN SEE A SPECIAL EFFECTS SHOW LIKE THAT! IT WILL BE AROUND FOR MANY MORE YEARS! IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS IM GONNA UPLOAD A NEW VIDEO OF FANTASMIC THAT SHOWS BEHINED THE SCENES FOOTAGE AND THE OPENING NIGHT WHERE MICHEAL EISNER AND MALEFICENT DEDICATED THAT SHOW! SO STAY TUNED
    Ow... Stop shouting, please.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    THAT WAS AWESOME! I REMEMBER BEING THERE ON A CAST DRESS REHEARSAL FOR FANTASMIC! AND I WAS ABOUT 8 or 9 AND ALL I REMEMBER WAS THAT I WAS SO SHOCKED AND AMAZED AT WHAT I WAS SEEING! FANTASMIC IS TRULY A SPECTACULAR SHOW! THERES NO WHERE ON EARTH THAT YOU CAN SEE A SPECIAL EFFECTS SHOW LIKE THAT! IT WILL BE AROUND FOR MANY MORE YEARS! IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS IM GONNA UPLOAD A NEW VIDEO OF FANTASMIC THAT SHOWS BEHIND THE SCENES FOOTAGE AND THE OPENING NIGHT WHERE MICHEAL EISNER AND MALEFICENT DEDICATED THAT SHOW! SO STAY TUNED
    OMG UPLOAD NOW!!!!!!

I didn't see the show opening night but I was there for the first year. I just remember the collective ooooos and awes in the audience. and I think they were still using buterflys or glow sticks or somthing during the ending.

• Minion

Well until DisneylandFan1997 uploads his video here is a cool bit of magic. I can still remember this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=M8tpYNCt_1c

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    so I guess I'm asking for stories about what it was like to see the first shows or even be in the shows for that matter.
    In a word... He!l... I was not around for it but I knew a lot of the old timers when they started. G.C. wise, I pretty much cut my teeth on the MLEP bye bye, and that was the only thing they could draw a comparison to!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

I bet it was insane back then. were the walkways the same as they are now as in B section and what not?