• A Suitcase & A Dream

Would this work at DCA

I was reading a Jim Hill artcile about DisneySea attractions that weren't built and one seemed like it could work at DCA. Here is part of the article:
    The enticement of luxurious transaltantic ocean travel forms the story of the S.S. Columbia Showcase of Nautical Marvels, an all-new attraction located in the nautical icon of American Waterfront. Beginning in an enclosed foyer and continuing through a queue area "gallery," Guests view a series of witty paintings that tantalize prospective passengers to book passage on the "maiden" voyage of the S.S. Columbia. The Guests are promised that to do so would ensure that they experience the safest, fastest, and, above all, the most comfortable Atlantic crossing heretofore available. Of all the latest in nautical comfort technology featured in the sales gallery, the grandest of all are the dual "Gyroscopically-Stabilized Self-Leveling Anti-Turbulence Lounges." It is this very technology that the Guest is going to experience firsthand by participating in an actual "demonstration." Each of the two lounges carries 40 Guests and, guided by a gyroscope that "controls" the self-leveling action, promises to deliver a safe, relaxing experience free of the usual personal discomforts of an ocean voyage.
    Guests receive a surprise when the gyroscope seemingly runs amuck and their cabin begins spinning, at times to 360 degrees in either direction. When the cabin subfloor appears to move overhead and the ceiling and skylights disappear, Guests hold on to their wits and hope that the promised comfort kicks in -- and quickly.
    I thought it could have a Queen Mary theme instead of S.S. Columbia and be built on the other side of Cali. Screamin' in the Timon Lot

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Would this work at DCA

^ You're not the only one to think about that. JHM made a similar article eariler before. That was basically just re-posting a past article .

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    Of all the latest in nautical comfort technology featured in the sales gallery, the grandest of all are the dual "Gyroscopically-Stabilized Self-Leveling Anti-Turbulence Lounges." It is this very technology that the Guest is going to experience firsthand by participating in an actual "demonstration."
    I think it could be interesting, but the set-up has the same lack of imagination plaguing the recent Epcot additions.

It's not themed as an actual voyage on a ship; instead it's presented as an Innoventions exhibit. It reminds me of Mission:Space, a flight simulator "themed" as a flight simulator. At least on Star Tours we take an "actual" voyage.

I think it could work great at DCA though. It would fit thematically, and it's not a clone!

EDIT: Here is the article, with concept art!

• Fancy that...

i realy think that this could work! and umm did you mean that this would go like.. near the icecream stand in pararise peir? or did you mean like near pizza oom mow wow?

• The Twilight Zone

Although i'm not a big fan of simulation rides I believe this could be fairly sucessful. Although I would rather see it as a three demensional ride where you board a vehicle and seems as if it is real life.

Question Re: Would this work at DCA

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    I think it could be interesting, but the set-up has the same lack of imagination plaguing the recent Epcot additions.

It's not themed as an actual voyage on a ship; instead it's presented as an Innoventions exhibit. It reminds me of Mission:Space, a flight simulator "themed" as a flight simulator. At least on Star Tours we take an "actual" voyage.

I think it could work great at DCA though. It would fit thematically, and it's not a clone!

EDIT: Here is the article, with concept art!
    This is exactly how I felt about Mission Space a simulator themed to be a simulator?
    Matthew