Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: What Area Of California Is Missing In California Adventure In Your Opinion?

We're missing the CA ski resorts.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Nice Coheteboy, very nice.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    Okay, because it's late and I found this thread endearing... I have some ideas for underreprestend California places that could use some love and I want to help the Imagineers with some ideas... here goes...

Galt... pick and area of DCA that is empty, far away from everything else... then put up a gas station with an out of order bathroom.

They should have a ride called "Interstate 5". It could be a really LONG ride, really straight... it would go REALLY fast, be really hot and dusty, you could zoom by a large number of cattle in the middle of it that includes a rank smell of cow poo...and at the end there should be a Carl's Jr. with a semi-unpleasant restroom.
    Heh I like these ideas best. Hooray for Galt!

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post

And very much I'm missing the fun 60's California fantasy of surfers, The Beach Boys, Annette and Frankie, RatFink - - the California fantasy most non-Californians dream about.

This would be perfect for the "beach" theme I was talking about....

good Idea.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Just splashing around...

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Fresno. I left my heart in Fresno, along with a few other things, and there's not a single mention of Fresno in DCA. There also is no mention of the huge California raisin industry, which is based in Fresno.

Just saying the word Fresno makes me happy. And it would make a lot of guests at DCA happy too if they had a big E Ticket dedicated to Fresno.
    There is quite an homage to agriculture and the central valley, though. In the often-neglected area of Bugs' Land (is it still considered Bountiful Valley?) they have profiles of notable people in agriculture, including David Simonian (of Simonian Farms) which is not in Fresno proper, but the "greater Fresno area", if you will. There should be something about raisins, though. Yay for Fresno!

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by ltlmrm8 View Post
    There should be something about raisins, though. Yay for Fresno!
    I bet Will Vinton Studios would license the California Raisins™ to Disney for cheap!

it's been said one time already, but...

what about sacramento? (you know us up here... the state capitol?) lol

you could have a mock capitol (modeled after haunted mansion) like a tourguide and at the end, you get a black and white photo taken of you, maybe something modeling folsom lake..

(i ran this idea past my husband, and he came up with these...)

but then everything closes really early here no matter what the date is, so have everything close an hour or two before the rest of the park. lol

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal View Post
    Norco!
    BLECH!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Smile Re: What Area Of California Is Missing In California Adventure In Your Opinion?

You have to go to the new Submarine Lagoon to get a sense of the seashore. Paradise Pier looks like it's next to a lake, there are not enough natural features to make it look like it's by the ocean. What ever happened to the waves that used to go back and forth in the PP lagoon?

We need a real sense of the dramatic seashore we have in California...

And an underwater "Ariel's Mermaid Lagoon" that takes you "under the sea" would be a real Disneyesque way to celebrate the coast.

Oh and Coheteboy's SKI MOUNTAIN is cool too. We need to embrace the ski / snow sports available here. Wasn't the Winter Olympics that was in the Sierras a really important event?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Wasn't the Winter Olympics that was in the Sierras a really important event?
    Probably would have been, if they had ever happened there.

They did happen. Squaw Valley hosted the 1960 Winter Olympics. And the Walt Disney company produced the opening ceremonies!

Also, Walt Disney was an original investor in Sugar Bowl ski resort. http://www.sugarbowl.com/history

If anyone has ever been to Blizzard Beach (not that I am advocating a water park) but there is already work done in Imagineering for a snow type of environ!
    Last edited by themur; 09-17-2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Added sugar bowl reference
    The Mur

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    You have to go to the new Submarine Lagoon to get a sense of the seashore. Paradise Pier looks like it's next to a lake, there are not enough natural features to make it look like it's by the ocean. What ever happened to the waves that used to go back and forth in the PP lagoon?

We need a real sense of the dramatic seashore we have in California...
    You are totally right. The seashore represented in the Sub Lagoon looks much more like something you would see in California instead of what is represented in and around Paradise Pier.

And the "jetty" next to the California Screamin' lauch is a complete joke. It looks more like a jetty after a category 5 hurricane than a regular jetty. And they don't have hurricanes in California.

I think a Fresno area would be kind of funny, lol. I should know, I live there. While I doubt they would consider building a Fresno area, it might be a kinda quirky area. They could design something similar to the Land Pavilion at Epcot and add the California Rasins, lol.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    They did happen. Squaw Valley hosted the 1960 Winter Olympics. And the Walt Disney company produced the opening ceremonies!

Also, Walt Disney was an original investor in Sugar Bowl ski resort. http://www.sugarbowl.com/history

If anyone has ever been to Blizzard Beach (not that I am advocating a water park) but there is already work done in Imagineering for a snow type of environ!
    Oh, you mean those Sierra Nevada mountains.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    I bet Will Vinton Studios would license the California Raisins™ to Disney for cheap!
    And they could have a new Dessicated Fruits Parade

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast