Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Minion

Re: What Area Of California Is Missing In California Adventure In Your Opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    They did happen. Squaw Valley hosted the 1960 Winter Olympics. And the Walt Disney company produced the opening ceremonies!

Also, Walt Disney was an original investor in Sugar Bowl ski resort. http://www.sugarbowl.com/history

If anyone has ever been to Blizzard Beach (not that I am advocating a water park) but there is already work done in Imagineering for a snow type of environ!
    That is so Un-PC these days

Haven't they changed it to Native American Women Valley yet ?

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I think the part of California that is under-represented is North Hollywood- specifically, my apartment. I think Disney should move my complex into the area currently occupied by the tortilla factory. That way, tourists could see what an average Californian lives like. Also, living in DCA would be a dream come true...I'd be living right across the street from Disneyland! Of course, I'd have to walk through a somewhat disappointing theme park to get there
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Miss Marvel

I don't think Asian American culture is celebrated enough.

I loooove the Mariachi Divas (being a trumpet player myself). Tortilla factory is good as well. It's not perfect, but at least there's representation for Latinos/Chicanos.

Both LA and San Fran have Chinatowns and Japantowns. LA has Koreatown, and I'm sure there are more areas like that of other Asian cultures. In the heyday of immigration to the US, most people from Asia came through San Fran and LA. I think it's ignorant to neglect that aspect of California culture.

(This isn't worded or backed up very well. But you get my drift.)
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:F...Copenhagen.jpg

Walt Disney was "Chairman of Pagaentry" for the 1960 Olympics.

• Second Star to the right.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

Move Innoventions to DCA as a Silicon Valley Exhibit, and put a futuristic E Ticket in TomorrowLand
    Check out my flickr photos!

• Drunk On Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    The Eisner Fault

No, wait, that's is there
    LOL HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Hmmm let's see.....why not a real San Francisco area with more than bathrooms and a boring movie? Something actually themed to S.F. perhaps, maybe a Alcatraz dark ride lol
    Good idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    The Gold Rush.

I mean, that's why mostly everyone initially came to the darn state in the first place.
    Also a good idea!!!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    We're missing the CA ski resorts.

I once had this idea for an actual ski area in DCA that had fake snow and you could rent skis and the deal, but I decided it would not be worth it.

Here is my proposal for DCA!!!!

1-The Redwood Forest
    This area wood be themed to the redwood forests of california. (Such as muir woods or seqoia NP (sp?)) It would have little trails and of course the trees wood have to fake (Unless we wanted to wait a 1000 years). I think it would help the theme of that whole area.

2-Pocahantas Dark Ride. I think that this would work well in the redwood area. It might have to go under ground though.

3-Gold Mine Walk Through. I thought the idea of a mine car ride is a little cliche so why not just build a walk through through Grizzly Peak.

4-San Fransisco Area. This area would have all the things San' fran' does except smaller scall. It could have a china town, a pyramid building, victoian homes, and they could move the palace of fine arts (golden dreams) building over there also.

5-Cable Car. Of course it would have to have the cable car.

6-San Fransisco Bay. just like the real one but way way way smaller.

7-Golden Gate Bridge. they could also move the golden gate from the entrance to the San' Fran' area.

8-Alcatraz Island. In the middle of the bay would be Alcatraz. I think someone had an idea for alcatraz dark ride which could go there.
    There would be boats going to it from the SF area.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    The Gold Rush.

I mean, that's why mostly everyone initially came to the darn state in the first place.
    Don't forget the Oakies! I guess I will re-tell my family history...

My mother's side is from Pueblo, CO. And even though they weren't from Oklahoma, Pueblo is in the south which would put it on the plains moreso than in the Rockies. My grandfather died when my mother was 3 leaving my oldest uncle to drop out of school in the 8th grade to raise the family. They ran a general store out of their house and relied on local farms to sell their goods. When the farms didn't produce and without my grandfather, my grandmother had a breakdown and so the doctor suggested that the family go to New Mexico for some time. While there, my uncle told my grandmother, "I heard there's a lot of opportunity in California. We should go." And just like that, my grandmother agreed and her, my mother, my 2 uncles, and my aunt all got on the Model T truck and headed out to California. When they got here my grandmother happened to have a friend who lived in Lincoln Heights, back then the Italian section of Los Angeles, so they settled there. My uncle took several odd jobs such as pressing olives at an olive oil company and finally got a job packing orange crates onto trucks for Sunkist. This led to the success that he provided for my family.

Now they weren't Oakies in that they weren't technically from Oklahoma, and they didn't become sharecroppers. But the conditions that led them to California were very similar to what the Oakies faced. And while I don't think they faced the discrimination that the sharecroppers faced, I am sure that it wasn't easy for them trying to make it out here with no family to support them -- not that they had much support out there either.

So to put this back on topic -- what area is missing in California Adventure? Stories just like this -- stories that display people's hard work for a better way of life. This deserves much more than a brief scene in an unpopular movie about to be replaced by a mermaid. This is what is truly missing...

• I'm Flying High

How about Gilroy's Garlic Land!! Just kidding around!

I'd love a San Francisco area with an Escape from Alcatraz dark ride...similar to Pirates but with an Alcatraz theme.
    The daydream princess

• Digging to Earth's center

I've read how DCA will turn out, and I know more than half of these things I'm going to suggest would make it a great "California" theme park won't happen, but...

The entrance already has the Golden Gate bridge, so why not make the entrance San Francisco-themed? The old Los Angeles theme would also be cool, but anyhow, I think it'd be a lot better if it borrowed themes from worldwide, rather than just California. Look at how TDS borrows from the Mediterranean (Italy) and American (Boston/New York), and how awesome it is.

I think it'd be cool for DCA (change the name and theme) to have:

- Hollywood
    - Spanish
    - Mythological volcano (Mount Shasta?)
    - Pacific Wharf
    - Redwood
    - Victorian

Something like that... I can't wait for DCA remake. Toy Story Mania! already looks better than the burrito stand or whatever that used to be there. I saw TSM yesterday, and it's still metal structure with yellow plywood over it, and caution signs everywhere, but it already looks really good! Can't wait for the small details to be put in. Too bad it's a year away when it opens...
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I agree; TSM already looks better than Paradise Pier in its current state.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• In Mouse We trust

How about Natural Bridges state park. "You mean fallen bridges, haha" you say. I say, no.

I am talking about the great monarch butterfly migration. From October to January there are literally thousands of Monarchs that come to spend the winter there. If you haven't seen it, you need to. Thousands of gorgeous butterflies hanging in clumps from the tall Euchalyptis trees only to come to life in the warmth of the morning sun. They literally come and fly around you and land on you.

You have to experience it to believe it, folks.

So yeah something themed from Natural Bridge(s) State park near Santa Cruz.

Umm being from Fresno, I just really had to laugh that people actually want Fresno incorporated into DCA.

...boring.

-melissa.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tikibug View Post
    Umm being from Fresno, I just really had to laugh that people actually want Fresno incorporated into DCA.

...boring.
    It's going to be a new simulator.

Raisin' Over California

[quote=FinalAdventure;2159585]I've read how DCA will turn out, and I know more than half of these things I'm going to suggest would make it a great "California" theme park won't happen, but...

The entrance already has the Golden Gate bridge, so why not make the entrance San Francisco-themed? The old Los Angeles theme would also be cool, but anyhow, I think it'd be a lot better if it borrowed themes from worldwide, rather than just California. Look at how TDS borrows from the Mediterranean (Italy) and American (Boston/New York), and how awesome it is.

I think it'd be cool for DCA (change the name and theme) to have:

- Hollywood
    - Spanish
    - Mythological volcano (Mount Shasta?)
    - Pacific Wharf
    - Redwood
    - Victorian

I have a hunch that a lot of what you just said will end up at DCA in some form, with the likely exception of the mythological volcano and the San Francisco themed entrance. And then there's Carland of course lol.

• Sock Puppet

The area of California missing is San Fransisco.

Yeah, they have The Bay Area and the Golden Gate Bridge at the entrance but this does not do San Fransisco justice...Too bad that its looking like the golden gate bridge will be removed and The Bay Area will be downsized and not expanded in favor of more Paradise Pier.

They should expand the bay area to take over the Route 66 area of PP, and make a golden gate bridge replica there. It would be nice to see different areas of San Fransisco represented in a larger San Fran themed area.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast