Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Stop That!

Re: What Area Of California Is Missing In California Adventure In Your Opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    how about an Olympics themed area? I wonder if the IOC would allow it?
    Maybe they'd sponsor it!

• Minion

Blog Entries

the central valley in general! bread basket of the world people, then can even blow in some cow smell!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    The "Bug's Life" flower beds could be turned into the town where I grew up, Lompoc, which was once the flower seed capital of the world (though I don't think it is, anymore.) I recently read a post where someone said that that part of the park was really lifeless, which would fit Lompoc as well In the area, you could put in a thrill ride about going to K-Mart, which was the most "thrilling" thing to do in town.
    And there could be a small town club called the Red Fox where the same people from town come to do the same thing over and over and over again. This would be amazing.

• Former Cast Member

I vote they do something that recreates Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    The Santa Maria Airport would house The Rocketeer Ride - parts of it were filmed there.
    OMG! That's my home town--I've always liked the main building--it always reminded me of something that came out of Tomorrowland!

• Sock Puppet

Nevermind.
    Last edited by SoCalJosh; 09-21-2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: didn't want to say that out loud.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Smile Re: What Area Of California Is Missing In California Adventure In Your Opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Theme it to the Sports Goofy cartoon the Art of Skiing. since Walt was MC at the Squaw Valley Olympics and LA hosted the summer games, how about an Olympics themed area? I wonder if the IOC would allow it?
    LOL! That's so funny you should say this, Barbossa! That's the idea I mentioned a few months back. I still wanna tweak it a bit, but you get the general idea. Here's the full description:

Goofy’s Lake Tahoe Ski Jump – This ride would go in a yet to be determined location within Disney’s California Adventure. The queue line for this ride would resemble a log cabin and include blocks of ice with TV monitors inside them. The monitors would be showing the classic Goofy cartoon, The Art Of Skiing, which originally aired back in 1941. The ride would be a simple inverted roller coaster. The trains would be made to resemble ski lifts. They would take the riders up 20 stories high. Once at the top the roller coasters trains would rock back and forth for a few seconds until they are released hurdling the riders down the 20 stories into multiple loops. As the riders go down the sound of Goofy yelling, “YAHOOOOOIEEEEE!,” would be piped through speakers on the coaster.

• BTMR Lover!

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    the central valley in general! bread basket of the world people, then can even blow in some cow smell!
    The Valley rocks!!
    -Erica

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

East L.A.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    East L.A.

Using Indiana Jones Adventure + Buzz Lightyear technology to bring you DRIVE BY SHOOTING: LIVE IT!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Master of Suspense

I would like to see something on Mt. Whitney, the tallest mountain in the continental US and also Death Valley, the lowest point in the US. I would also like to see some area dedicated to lost California, like the mysterious abandoned Salton Sea. A scary dark ride called Route 666, would be cool.

"To Serve Man... it's a cookbook!!!"

Ever heard of the dyslexic man who sold his soul to Santa?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazy go nuts View Post
    I would like to see something on Mt. Whitney, the tallest mountain in the continental US and also Death Valley, the lowest point in the US. I would also like to see some area dedicated to lost California, like the mysterious abandoned Salton Sea. A scary dark ride called Route 666, would be cool.

How about a ride that takes you from the highest mountains to the lowest point, from the redwood forests to the gulf stream waters, er, beach.

An extreme ride that takes you through the extreme environments found throughout the state.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    How about a ride that takes you from the highest mountains to the lowest point, from the redwood forests to the gulf stream waters, er, beach.

An extreme ride that takes you through the extreme environments found throughout the state.
    Soarin'?

• I'm really at the Met.

How about they plant some Bristlecone Pines, seeing as they are the oldest living organisms in the world and are found most prominently in California's White Mountains.

And seeing as they're Disney, they could probably afford planting a few LIVE giant sequoias, even though this isn't the climate. Just water them and they'll do fine.

Also, how about something profiling California's GROWING glaciers on Mt. Shasta, one of which advances by 4 inches a day?

How about something about the Owen's Valley, Manzanar, Death Valley, Ghost Towns (Bodie), Tufa Towers (Mono Lake), Missions, Sutter's Mill... who wants more?

How about we just have Huell Howser show up with a list of his California TV shows and tell us what we left out.

A trout fishery would be kind of cool. Hot springs?

Someone stop me.
    Last edited by Circlevision91; 09-22-2007 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Addtions

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Circlevision91 View Post
    A trout fishery would be kind of cool.
    A trout fishery would be awesome especially considering the revamping of the Grand Californian and creation of more redwood type area!

They could grow their own trout for the restaurants and bring back trout filets at D-land. When I worked at Big Thunder Ranch, we served steaks and trout cooked to order. It was really good food. In fact, just bring back the whole ranch. I miss that place. Especially the lemonade!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast