Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Question What Area Of California Is Missing In California Adventure In Your Opinion?

We all know that California Adventure is getting a MASSIVE overhaul in the coming years due to the mismanagement of the building process of the park. (New rides are coming in, possible new lands, etc.)

My question to you all is what area of California is lacking at DCA that you wish were represented - either at all or more?

I wish that Lake Tahoe was represented somewhere in the park. A really cool snow covered Tahoe would be amazing complete with a ski lift type ride.

What do you guys have to say?

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Re: What Area Of California Is Missing In California Adventure In Your Opinion?

OAKLAND.. word.

... totally kidding.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Banned User

It's funny you ask this because when I was at Barnes and Noble on Saturday, I saw this book of California from the 30's, 40's etc. etc. and saw the images of the movie palaces from Hollywood, hotels of Beverly Hills, and seaside amusement parks. I thought of DCA right away. The Imagineers could choose from so many of those places and create beautiful areas throughout the park based on those settings and times. It would be like creating the California that many of us have never known. The current themes in the park now are very contemporary and bland. They could go so much deeper and recreate the Beverly Hills Hotel, Orpheum movie palace, etc. and create the fanciful eras of years gone by instead of quirky neon references.

Neon is something that I would like to see LESS of in the future of DCA.

• Banned User

Banning (Just kidding)

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Hmmm let's see.....why not a real San Francisco area with more than bathrooms and a boring movie? Something actually themed to S.F. perhaps, maybe a Alcatraz dark ride lol

• Minion

The Eisner Fault

No, wait, that's is there

• Fastest Man Alive

Unless I'm mistaken, there really is nothing about Orange orchards, which are big in California and are what the Disneyland Resort is built over.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

One thing that just popped into my head is a commercial I saw on TV. I don't know if anybody knows what I'm talking about, but it's for some granola bar company. It's very similar to the Corona commericals in that you only see the persons feet and the view they have.

Anyway, the view they show are hugh mountains, lush trees, and a beautiful lake somewhere in California. How about an area like this? The Grizzly area sure as heck ain't doin' it!

...Joe...

I have to agree a more significant SF section would be great. So many opportunities:
    Alcatraz dark ride as mentioned
    Cable Cars
    Barbary Coast
    Not a Disney property but how cool would a Bullitt car chase attraction be!
    The Mur

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

The Gold Rush.

I mean, that's why mostly everyone initially came to the darn state in the first place.

• Minion

Fresno. I left my heart in Fresno, along with a few other things, and there's not a single mention of Fresno in DCA. There also is no mention of the huge California raisin industry, which is based in Fresno.

Just saying the word Fresno makes me happy. And it would make a lot of guests at DCA happy too if they had a big E Ticket dedicated to Fresno.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    The Gold Rush.

I mean, that's why mostly everyone initially came to the darn state in the first place.
    Very true. But after my great great grandparents arrived for the Gold Rush, my great grandparents, my grandparents and my parents all ended up in Fresno. Which is why they need to do something in DCA that celebrates Fresno. The Sherman Brothers should write a snappy theme song about Fresno for the big E Ticket extravaganza dedicated to Fresno.
    Last edited by Westsider; 09-16-2007 at 11:31 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Fresno. I left my heart in Fresno, along with a few other things, and there's not a single mention of Fresno in DCA. There also is no mention of the huge California raisin industry, which is based in Fresno.

Just saying the word Fresno makes me happy. And it would make a lot of guests at DCA happy too if they had a big E Ticket dedicated to Fresno.
    That's just sour grapes

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

DCA needs the city of L.A, Good ol' Watts, city of Compton, and they all need to Poplock.

Couldn't Carland be more about our distingushed highway systems?
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast