Thread: ODV carts

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

ODV carts

I remember seeing updates not so long ago when the park had a LOT of darn ugly ODV carts all over...usually it was those lemonade ones (ugh)!

Have any of these been removed, or did the problem get any better at all? I hope so - they looked ugly, and cluttering.

• Banned User

Re: ODV carts

They looked ESPECIALLY ugly on Main Steet and in Tomorrowland, from the photos I saw. Are they still there?

• Banned User

They had removed all the carts in Town Square and it really made everything so much cleaner and more open looking. You especially noticed the flowers and planters A LOT more. Plus, it really felt like a turn of the century Main Street, but once they packed the carts back in around the flag pole, things don't seem as open and clean-but rather more cluttered.

Up in the hub, they took out the cart that served chimichangas and turkey legs for a while and once again, made the area seem more open and clean. They put in back and things were cluttered once more. THEN, they took out the cart that served coffee and sweats to the left of the castle right next to the Frontierland entrance, then put in back. They really teased us there, but now that the carts are back, the hub and Town Square don't look as open and clean.

I say we organize a boycott of outdoor vending. The department is out of hand and has done more to ruin Disneyland than any other group.

Give your business to the real shops and restaurants.

• Banned User

The way they "theme" the carts is so ridiculous.

• CM for 4 years!

I'm going to put it this way. The $329 you all pay for your PAPs, heck and even the $56 guests pay for daily admission isn't funding Disneyland. However the massive profits that ODV makes on a DAILY BASIS ARE. Unless you're willing to cough up $1000 each for your APs yearly, you can't really bitch. SOMETHING has got to pay to keep Disneyland out of the red, and ODV does that spendidly.

Now quit dissing on foods, ya'll, you're hurting my feelings.

Besides, ain't nothing like a bottle of Coke from an ODV cart when you want something you can stuff in your bag on rides. You can't do that with a 21oz cup! And OF COURSE if they got rid of ODV, there wouldn't be anywhere to get CHURROS from. THEN where would we be?

Thinkof it this way. The fireworks show costs about $100,000 to put on nightly. At $56/each, it's going to take 20,000 full-price-paying guests to just put on the fireworks show.

Now something has got to earn profits to pay for all the ride refurbs and new E-tickets you all want!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

Well, hmm...churros are pretty good.

Why don't they sell churros ANYWHERE besides ODV carts in parks? I never have seen them elsewhere.

• Minion

"Thinkof it this way. The fireworks show costs about $100,000 to put on nightly. At $56/each, it's going to take 20,000 full-price-paying guests to just put on the fireworks show."

Um, that's actually less than 2000 full paying guests if the 100k figure is correct(and likely is).

The parks have always done good money, and even more so since Eisner began rising the fees to get in back in 84. ODV in no way is the 'massive' money maker you want it to be- Non-foods ODV barely covers paying for itself(and would die if it weren't for Fantasmic).

Regular restaurants and walk up windows do fine as far as making up profits. And more so if ODVs were gone, hungry people will find food.

As far as E tickets, this summer should pay for 3 or 4 if they don't steal it for shareholders alone.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

ODV carts have been around Disneyland since the beginning. Look at the early photos and you'll see them. I don't have a problem with them, really. They're convenient and often don't have a huge line. I would like them to be less ubiquitous, particularly in picturesque areas. A little location-appropriate theming would go a long way also. The antique truck that sells corn dogs is essentially an ODV cart, but actually enhances the area with its appearance. Grouping them around the Main St. flagpole is a little much but with the enormous crowds expected this summer, you can't blame Disney for maximizing its profits.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• CM for 4 years!

Math was never my strong suit. :P

The glow carts make extreme amounts of money, I've heard from ODV people.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Former CM

I spoke to one of my old supervisors who is now in ODV. There are now less ODV carts in the park now that Matt is in charge. I was also told that they will be having some more changes being made. Also from my time there DL would make a profit for the day on about 10k guests just coming into the park.