Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Minion

Re: Men on people mover track today (7/12)

Part of what looks new by the Monorail isn't just the track itself, but the doohickies around the track, they're fancified and brand new looking.

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    The current track also has the capability to slow down and speed up. They could use the rocket rod motor design and place a different shell over the top(that looks more like a peoplemover). Then they could program the speed of the car at any given point on the track, just like they did with rocket rods. The steal track is way more futuristic than tires.
    But the programming would be in the cars to make them go slower or faster, bascially a smart car on a stupid track. The TTA is a stupid car on a smart track, and with Rocket Rods and Test Track as good examples of a smart car on a stupid track, I'd rather go with the reliability of a TTA. But that's just me.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Reaver of Souls

Actually, truth be told, they're measuring it for the carpentry/masonry people... That's right folks, coming soon to TL:

"The Planter of the FUTURE!!!"

Complete with Futuristic Ferns!
    Space-age Sagos!
    High-tech Hyacinth!

I'm kidding. I have no idea wha's going in...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• What have I done?

People movers return! form of: "The Incredibles" ride through!

An exciting and thrilling journey through the mysterious "Tomorrowland" that none other then "Syndrome" has conjured up! It is up to you and the Incredibles with the help of some supers to stop "Syndromes" latest threat!

Ok just a thought with all the talk of Pixar-zation of Disneyland going on! You never know what those guys were up to. My feeling is they were wiring for the jumbo-tron's unfortunately... or are those jombo-tron's being used to broadcast a message of terror from Syndrome?

LOL sorry just kidding.

"This guy!"

• Traveler to the south

All this PeopleMover talk has gotten my all excited...we need lots of PM threads!!

O.K....don't hate...
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• Minion

There is nothing wrong with any PM thread, we need to bring it to a fever pitch, subs are returning... now... maybe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Meh, let's just hope no more PM threads are made.

Then again if that happens, when real news comes along only a handful of people will know about it

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Meh, let's just hope no more PM threads are made.

Then again if that happens, when real news comes along only a handful of people will know about it

Why do people complain about Peoplemover threads? Heck if they bother ya that much, just don't read em, its not like the subject of the thread was misleading

Not having been to Disneyland since 1994ish, I would really miss the peoplemover, heck i don't think I'd recognize the tommorrowland of today, so much of what i once knew is gone or not working

I do hope to get out there sometime this next year, and i appreciate hearing about things like this. even if it is speculation

• FastPass n00b

Nothing at Disneyland is official until it appears in one of Al's updates. He's amazingly accurate about upcoming attractions and since he often reports on them months or years before they are announced, he is the forerunner of official Disneyland ride announcements.

As much as I want the PeopleMover back, TDA and WDI are very aware of the Internet and its influence and they wouldn't be working to get a new ride on those tracks in plain view during park hours. Assuming they were working on a new PeopleMover ride, they must have been keenly aware that their work up there would be broadcast all of the world through the Internet within hours.

In any case, anything that we speculate about this activity is just that, speculation. Al hasn't said anything about this new attraction for months and as it's been stated before, this could just be measuring for lighting rigs or jumbotron screens.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    It's funny because the Finding Nemo announcement supposedly keeps getting put off. What makes us think it's REALLY definetly confirmed? "It'll be announced May 5. No, June 5. No, July 17..."
    Take a look at darkbeers photo update, the wall surrounding the sub lagoon has been replaced with advertisiments for, Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage!

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/photos/28483723-M.jpg

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by evainefaye
    Why do people complain about Peoplemover threads? Heck if they bother ya that much, just don't read em, its not like the subject of the thread was misleading

Not having been to Disneyland since 1994ish, I would really miss the peoplemover, heck i don't think I'd recognize the tommorrowland of today, so much of what i once knew is gone or not working

I do hope to get out there sometime this next year, and i appreciate hearing about things like this. even if it is speculation
    I never said I hate peoplemover threads. I've posted in every single one, and created one myself.

I just wish that people could keep the topic...contained.

Some people are thread-button happy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345