• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Red Face Tahitian Terrace/Aladdin's Oasis

Here's an extinct thing I haven't made a thread about. LOL.

Anyway, I think that the Aladdin redo, while a good idea at the time, was overall not good. I'd like to see it back as Tahitian Terrace.

I know this area underwent a rehab with the Tiki Room back over the last winter...is it still used for Storytelling? Did anything change after all that time? Will it return as an eatery?

I think it should become a food venue again.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Tahitian Terrace/Aladdin's Oasis

I miss Tahitian Terrace I got to eat there once back in, gosh I think it was around 1980. Yummy teriyaki chicken, fun island themed show. I'd eat there often if it was back.

• Hooterville, USA

It's a kid's show now. Not a bad one either.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Do they have food again? A kids show in the regular stage?

• insufferable know-it-all

I'd like to see it returned to being the Tahitian Terrace. Open the area up a bit more, and use the Aladdin never-used "waiting area" as a Tiki smoothie bar with views into the restaurant (and therefore of the show)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

It just seems stupid using it for a kiddie show. How about a family-oriented, "everyone will like it" show (aka the Tahitian one)?

• Banned User

I agree it should revert back to the Tahitian Terrace and sell nothing but Dole Whip! So we don't have to wait in the heat at the little stand in front of Tiki Room.

• Still lost in Neverland

My vote is for a return to Tahitian Terrace. It was wonderful. They did a kids version with Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Roger Rabbit during the day and then at night a total hula, fire dancing show with dinner. The food was great. The show was great. And, more importantly, it fit the theme of the area, whereas Agrabar does not. And the Aladdin show is not very good, even though the little kids still seem to like it. But, that said, it doesn't fit the area, the show is bad, and no food. Bring back the Tahitian Terrace!
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Fortune Red Says....

Im sorry Aladdin's Oasis was just a waste and it was so expensive! I would love to see the return of the Tahitian Terrace! It would be so wonderful to be able to eat there... it was such a great show and such good food! Somehome I hope someone is reading this that has the power to bring it back!!!! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!
    "Childishness? I think it's the equivalent of never losing your sense of humor. I mean, there's a certain something that you retain. It's the equivalent of not getting so stuffy that you can't laugh at others."
    ~Walt Disney

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I'd like to see it returned to being the Tahitian Terrace. Open the area up a bit more, and use the Aladdin never-used "waiting area" as a Tiki smoothie bar with views into the restaurant (and therefore of the show)
    Yeah! Increase the number of ODV places that they leave empty... But since they took that other one out of Adventureland, why not? Plus it would be money so I say go for it!! Smoothies rock.

• Minion

From what I understand...Matt Ouimet wants it back.

• Minion

As a fomer Tahitian Terrace hostess, BRING IT BACK!!!! My former CMs from the Terrace hated the fact it turned into Aladdin's Oasis. They all hated the new costumes too and we were once the envy of many CMs during the summer and then we became the laughing stock of the park when we had to wear something so uncool. The men miss the hula girls and the women miss the male dancers!!! The summer I worked there was awesome and we were just so upset, they took out a popular restaurant/show just to promote a movie!!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    It just seems stupid using it for a kiddie show. How about a family-oriented, "everyone will like it" show (aka the Tahitian one)?
    Here - here!!

I think the early 90s success of many dinner theatre venues got to Disney .. and thought they could slap a 25-30 dollar meal and dinner show price .. after already purchasing a "first time" admission to get inside. Once Aladdin's Oasis fell into the cracks ... it's just a crying shame this facility never went back into a full fledged restaurant (and still have live entertainment) in which it did serve so well throughout the 60s, 70s, and 80s. 30 years!

I ALWAYS went there whenever I could. Now ... it's serves as a limited venue .. limiting it to the youngens.

I agree ... the place should absolutely serve to appeal and serve not one age group ... but the entire family.

This spot has become one less area for me (and others) to enjoy.

They need to "open" it up again.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Yeah bring it back!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Being small at the time, I don't rememeber ever seeing the Tahitian Terrace. I did see the Aladdin show once as a little girl for lunch and I will admit that I enjoyed it.

But as of now I think bringing Tahitian Terrace back would be a great idea, and perhaps move the storytelling to another location.