View Poll Results: What would you put at the entrance to TL

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Great Water Feature, that could be set to music at time (i.e.- Bellagio)

19 28.36%
  • A Plaque/Statue Commerating Tomorrowland and its new found glory

4 5.97%
  • Just take away Astro Orbiters

39 58.21%
  • Leave it the way it is.

5 7.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

Re: What would you put in at the tomorrowland entrance.

Open it up like it was in the '67 photos. Let people see why they need to come to TL.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Baybeh!

None of the above! Just return it to the clean lines of Tomorrow land '67

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

*sarcasm* I'm sure a Hooters will fit the theme and it'll easily solve the traffic problems at the entrance.

Note the fact that all the lands have an entry arch way like Adventureland's wooden structure and giant masks and Frontierland's giant fort. Tomorrowland needs something like that, except futuristic made of metal and futuristic decorations.
    Do you fear death? You fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bail. All your sins PUNISHED.

• Launch sequence engaged

^While most of the lands do have an archway, I think the Peoplemover track is enough of a berm if you will. My opinion would be strengthened if there was something on the track, but I liked walking underneath the tracks as an entrance to Tomorrowland, but the Astro Orbiter blocks the PM track right now.

Due to it's proximity to the King Triton fountains, fountains to the entrance of Tomorrowland would be sort of redundant.

If the Astro Orbiter were to be placed atop the Peoplemover platform once again, the only thing that should take it's place is perhaps a new Tomorrowland sign. I like the one there right now, but if the rocks were to be removed, it would just seem out of place when compared to the new color scheme.

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Take out the rocks and Astro Orbitors. Redo the People Mover track with a new crowd eater ride. Create more room for walking traffic. Take out Innoventions and Reinstate the Carousel of Progress.

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tommorrow"....
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I actually wouldnt speed up the astro orbiter, it is aimed towards the little kids, so It needs to stay the way it is, except I like the renovate part!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion FOREVER!

I agree w/ TomorrowlandTourist that the PM track is sufficient for a "berm" and the proximity
    to the King Triton fountains make an additional foundtains sort of redundant.

Also the projection effects would not work very well during the day.

So my suggestion would be to:

* get rid of the rocks
    * put a more futuristic globe/clock w/ laser/projection effects in the middle.
    This should be lower to the ground than the PM tracks and be in the
    middle
    * lucite statuary that represents all the different parts of the earth.
    * integrate and expand King Triton area so that at night, it can do a water show (hourly).
    * spiff up the PM tracks

Completely my two cents... :-)

I would remove the King Triton statue and water feature and extend the castle moat.

I would, then, add a few dramatically-curving and futuristic bridges. The metropolis of Tomorrowland might appear to be floating on the water or rising from it. Walkways on different levels might even be sunken so that the railings rise to the surface height of the water in the same way the I.M. Pei courtyard at the Louvre is designed. The water, itself, might even be terraced so that it falls from ground level to subterranean pools in an interesting way.

A new cantilever archway and signage to coordinate with the entrances to Frontierland and Adventureland would be nice. And, a huge clear dome or cluster of domes surrounding the first buildings in Tomorrowland might be ideal to suggest, perhaps, a civilization on another planet or the original concept for EPCOT-under-glass. The archway, itself, could appear as an aperture into the bubble.

Whatever the plans, the more lush and gardenlike the entrance is, the better the results will be. I remember seeing competing conceptual art for the Tomorrowland of 1998 I absolutely loved. The vision emphasized highly-saturated cool colors of blues, purples, and greens while all hotter colors were relegated to pinks and other pastel accents. The entire look was vaguely extra-terrestrial. Tomorrowland needs to use light in an unsual way, as well, by incorporating: irridescent paints; metallic finishes; prismatic surfaces; transparent and translucent materials; and, the "media architecture" Eddie Sotto championed.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 07-13-2005 at 09:31 PM.

• Again! Again! Again!

Yes, I was referring to the Clock of the World. And I wasn't paying all that much attention to the question. I would take them away, but put them back up top....and paint them white again like they did with Space Mtn. However, if they got rid of them, that would be OK too, but I would prefer them up top! And get rid of those UGLY protruding rocks!! They are awful and close up the entrance. Sorry, it doens't matter what color they are. They are in the way!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Just this guy......

A Great Water Feature would be a wonderful idea, but the area is just too small. A smal water feature and more places to sit down in the shade would be the best I think.

• Senior Minion

How about a linear induction platform that "launched" you into Tomorrowland, and a loop?

•   
    • Minion

Hmmm... What would I put in the Tomorrowland Enterance, hmm?

In a word...

ME!

(and I am not talking Micheal Eisner...)
    Check out my other blog:

• What have I done?

I like that Astro Orbiters where they are... they should keep them in place and bring the origianl rocket rods back and rename it Blast From The Past!
    LOL Ok just thinking aloud! Water fountains along the side would be my next idea if the Astro Orbiters were removed!

"This guy!"

• Minion

I voted for removal of Astro Orbitor .. and just leave a nice UNOBSTRUCTED path into TL.

Water features sound cool .. If off to the sides .. and not blocking the path to get in, whatsoever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast