• Banned User

single rider line idea

I have an idea: replace the fast pass machines and lines with single rider line.

the idea is based upon the fact that any more when you get up to the loading area of an attraction they ask for how many are in your party, well, if you are a single rider, why not allow that rider to be in a separate line(which would replace the fast pass line).

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

Re: single rider line idea

I don't know about Disneyland, but World already has single rider lines in addition to the FastPass lines. Have they not implemented that in Land yet, too?

• Banned User

good question. not sure. will have to look in to that next time I am at disneyland.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

There are already selected rides in DCA and Disneyland that have single rider lines. I don't remember exactly which rides have them, but it does exist out here, in addition to FastPass.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• potterday.org

Single Rider Lines, though I love them, are just one of those things that Disneyfolk and tourists can't be counted on not to abuse or ruin, especially if they are more pervasively advertised or implemented.

Each time I get into a Single Rider Line I find myself standing behind a surly family of yahoos who are indignantly demanding that the CM seat them all together. Which, of course, they have to acquiesce to so that they'll pipe down. The issue isn't that people don't read the rules or don't understand how these concepts work, it's that they don't care. Too large a portion of the population consider places like the Park, retail outlets and coffee shops to be their carte blanche for behaving like... posterior orifices. That is the one reason I could never work at the park - I'm too much like Hannibal Lecter when it comes to tolerating rude behavior. My hat is off to those of you who endure it.

Didn't mean to be tangential there. Anyway - Single Rider Lines. Love 'em. But the general populace is not capable of using it without ruining it.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• Senior Minion

The single rider lines that I know of are below:

DLR: Splash Mountain
    DCA: Soarin' Over California, California Screamin'

When I'm on my own in the park I like using the single rider lines to get more rides in that way.

• Driver Your Turn Is Clear

Costa Mesa, CA - 10.33 Miles South of DLR

Went to DCA on Sunday and waited 3 minutes in the single rider line for screaming! Totally worth it. The standby line was 15. Not a bad wait but 3 minutes was way better.

I think they should add more single rider lines. It definitely fills a need!
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    ~Walt Disney~

I use them when I am there alone...which usually happens on my now yearly trips. When I lived there, my friend and I would FP Soarin' and ride together and then ride again later as single riders. If we got on at the same time...great...if not that was OK, too.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    The single rider lines that I know of are below:

DLR: Splash Mountain
    DCA: Soarin' Over California, California Screamin'

When I'm on my own in the park I like using the single rider lines to get more rides in that way.
    Over in DCA, Grizzly River Run, Maliboomer and Mulholland Madness also have Single Rider lines.

Indy used to have a Single Rider line, but that got nixed when they started forcing everyone to watch the Safety Video before riding.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Over in DCA, Grizzly River Run, Maliboomer and Mulholland Madness also have Single Rider lines.

Indy used to have a Single Rider line, but that got nixed when they started forcing everyone to watch the Safety Video before riding.
    That's why they got rid of the single rider line at Indy? I thought it was because people kept abusing it, and you would have entire families in the "single rider" line along with all the handicapped people.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Leota View Post
    That's why they got rid of the single rider line at Indy? I thought it was because people kept abusing it, and you would have entire families in the "single rider" line along with all the handicapped people.
    IMHO that's not abusing the Single Rider line. If entire families want to use it, it's their right as long as they realize they won't be seated together or even in the same car.

And yes, that was in fact why it was removed. If you notice, when you enter the video room, you're only in there until Sallah explains the seatbelts and then immediately thereafter, the CM will open the switchback. They don't even wait for the actual end of the Safety Video.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Drunk On Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    There are already selected rides in DCA and Disneyland that have single rider lines. I don't remember exactly which rides have them, but it does exist out here, in addition to FastPass.
    I think CS and Splash have them.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    And yes, that was in fact why it was removed. If you notice, when you enter the video room, you're only in there until Sallah explains the seatbelts and then immediately thereafter, the CM will open the switchback. They don't even wait for the actual end of the Safety Video.
    Sunday night my party of 5 was one of the very last to ride Indy. The CM made the 5 of us stand inside the video room all by ourselves -- there was no one in front or behind us at the time -- until the safety portion was finished. The funny thing is that we were all screaming the spiel and they still had us wait.