Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Disneyland pigeons and the birds that eat them!

Never thought I would see this at Disneyland but low and behold, a bird of prey eating a pigeon at the Wharf in DCA (sorry no pics, I never bring my camera into DCA, grizz too wet, and DCA just boring) So anyway..no big deal, then I got to looking around, and HMMMMM, there are no pigeons at Disneyland, kind of amazing when you consider there must be two hundred at the AM/PM on the corner of Ball, and Disneyland Way! I hate those pigeons and never even thought about how happy I am that they never invaded Disneyland...Thanks you Mr & Mrs. Hawk!

• Minion

Re: Disneyland pigeons and the birds that eat them!

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    Never thought I would see this at Disneyland but low and behold, a bird of prey eating a pigeon at the Wharf in DCA (sorry no pics, I never bring my camera into DCA, grizz too wet, and DCA just boring) So anyway..no big deal, then I got to looking around, and HMMMMM, there are no pigeons at Disneyland, kind of amazing when you consider there must be two hundred at the AM/PM on the corner of Ball, and Disneyland Way! I hate those pigeons and never even thought about how happy I am that they never invaded Disneyland...Thanks you Mr & Mrs. Hawk!
    Don't ask to much about the 'nuggets'

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    What? Can't the birds of prey finish their park "cleaning" duties before or after the park's operating hours? This is just another sign of slipping standards in Anaheim. I call BAD SHOW! California Adventure has shorter hours to begin with. If they have to do this kind of work during the day, couldn't they at least make sure the birds of prey adhere to the Disney standard, or make them part of the show?

((This was not meant to be mean spirited against the so called purists...it's just good natured teasing.))

• "I Break Things"

Used to see them on Thunder all the time. Also on the river, they loved the old Sugar Mill on the side of the island. As to pigeons... look no further then Coke Corner!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

This was a hawk? Interesting you don't see too many of those in Anaheim. Mostly as you head out towards the foothills east of Disneyland or in the hills to the south heading out towards Irvine/Newport/Laguna.

With last year's rainy season only having yielded 3 inches, food must be getting scarce for these guys...

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

A falconer can make some nice pocket change with their bird by visiting the Resort every week or two for a free-flight and a "snack". Same thing with airport runways, where a bird strike on takeoff or landing can be big trouble.

Trust me, the word gets around that a Hawk lives around here, the pigeons leave and don't come back. And the stubborn ones become the entree.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Crows too. One should see the flocks of crows in the late afternoon around NOS!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    Crows too. One should see the flocks of crows in the late afternoon around NOS!
    Wouldn't that be Bad Crow

I dont know if it was wild or what, but it was a type of falcon or hawk, It just made me realize that there arn't many pigeons or the need for tacky spikes everywhere to get rid of those disease ridden flying rats. I will definetly be on the look out for them (good birds) since they apparently provide a valuable job for the parks

Speaking of the various harbinger fowl of Disneyland...

I once saw someone toss a piece of a turkey leg to a duck by the castle.... AND IT ATE IT....

Disneyland has successfulluy reprogramed the animals that live there and they are TERRIFYING!!! :-P

• Hooterville, USA

Pigeons: Taste like chicken.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Senior Minion

HOT NEWS DIRECT FROM HOLLYWOODLAND USA

On the QT, Disney made a deal with Warners to sign over one of their former stars. Henery Hawk, know to dozens as the little thing offa the Foghorn Leghorn cartoons has been snapped up by officials at the rival studio to help with an unusual problem.
    Disney theme parks have been inundated with unwanted 'flying rats' and it was all instigated by the oldly named Yankee Doodle Pigeon. 'Doody' as he prefers to be monickered is also a former actor, having appeared in all three thousand episodes of Hanna Barbera's unpopular show Dick Dastardly and the Thing with the Wotsits. Mr Doody was embittered by his fading from stardom and the fact that he recieves no residuals from the Boomerang reruns and so decided to do what any other right thinking disease carrying vermin would do - resort to blind and unfocused revenge.
    Disney however had the last laugh when Mr Hawk's services were aquired for the price of one 'loud mouthed schmuck chicken' (actually a dog). Doody's plans were scuppered and Disney are now pigeon-guano free in all of their theme parks.
    When asked to comment, Mr Hawk said these words - 'Ooooh! That the biggest chicken ever I see!" - which don't seem wholey appropriate to this article.
    A Disney spokesman added "Come to DCA - it's not as bad as everyone says it is"
    Whatever anyone else may say - make mine Disney!

Until next time...
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Winter in Oceanside...

I saw pigeons walking down Main Street just last week.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I saw pigeons walking down Main Street just last week.
    Still waiting for the punch line......

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage View Post
    Still waiting for the punch line......
    LOL! Just commenting on this sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    HMMMMM, there are no pigeons at Disneyland, kind of amazing when you consider there must be two hundred at the AM/PM on the corner of Ball, and Disneyland Way!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast