Thumbs up Disneyland 30 Years of Magic Video!!!! MUST WATCH!

Hi Mice Chatters,
    Well i just finished uploading a new video to my you tube account. This time its 1985 and Disneyland was celebrating their 30th Year with gifts, prizes, parades, and gave away a new 1985 GM Motor Car Everyday! I remember this celebration very well i was only 4 years old and it seemed like it was the best year ever!. Wow have times have changed! Look at the clothes people wore, and the excitement everyone was having at that time. "30 Years of Magic THE BEST EVER!" Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/supertrouper01
    CLICK ON DISNEYLANDS 30th ANNIVERSARY VIDEO

Re: Disneyland 30 Years of Magic Video!!!! MUST WATCH!

Wow, that clip brought back memories. That gift giving display at the entrance was pretty impressive.

On the 10th anniversary clip they have some rare characters including the crocodile from Peter Pan, Catapillar from Alice in Wonderland, Flower from Bambi, and possibly Ludwick Von Drake. The dancing cake is pretty wild too.
    Last edited by AtomicBear; 09-18-2007 at 10:00 AM.

i think this was one of the greatest anniversary's ever! I mean they gave away free stuff, they hardly dont do that anymore, and they don't treat the cast members the same way as they used to before. It was much happier times in the 80's! BTW coming up next on my you tube movies: DISNEY AFTERNOON LIVE@ Disneyland (1991) stay tuned!

• Minion

The parade kinda scared me, but the gift giving was neat!
    Jeff Wayne

• Banned User

that was amazing!! your video's are awsome!!! thank you, for sharing, it made my night!

• Golden State of Mind

very cool.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Thank you soo much. The Gift Giver Ex. is one of my first memories of Disneyland ( I was five that summer) and I was stirred by a couple of things.

1. Congratulations you've won a 1985 Potiac Sunfire...Uh...thanks?. It was soo cool to see the park give away actual prizes and keepskaes. I still have my 20th anniversary button that we won.

2. The old Ticket media made me nostalgic, as did seeing the old ticket booth entrance. I am now thougholy convinced that the 80's were the best time to visit Disneyland.

3. Imagine that...Disneyland having an actual 20th Anniversary parade, not just something that could be recycled indefinitly.

4. That soundtrack and those dancer costumes were the most 80'stacular thing I've seen/heard in a looong time. It's still amazing to me that those styles were actually popular at one time.
    Again, thanks for bringing back some good memories.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

I remember the 30th well, especially that logo. Things were so much happier, simpler and more honest back then. Even the Disneyland President and the managers they interviewed spoke in clear, concise language that didn't use corporate psycho-babble and the words "dreams" or "magic" every 4 seconds.

That said, parade technology and production values sure have come a long way! That's one of the few things that has actually improved dramatically for the better in the 21st century. If that 30th parade rolled down Main Street today the message boards would be on fire from all of us complaining about how cheap and hokey it is. They may overstay their welcome by a few years, but parades today are of much better quality.

But overall, this was such a simple, fabulous promotion! Why didn't they just bring back the gift-giver thing for the YOMD? It would be so much easier for people to understand!

Thanks for sharing!! Now while the parade of the 30th anniversary was nothing to write home about, the gift giver machine was fantastic! I remember clearly winning prizes (free soft drinks or popcorn) it was a fun machine and in my opinion a much better system then the current "dream" system.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

This video reminds me of the 30th Anniversary Special they had on TV. Luckily, my parents recorded it on VHS and we still have it! Not the greatest of quality but it's still viewable! I was only 2 at the time of this special anniversary so I don't remember it but thanks to the TV special and thanks to this clip you have, I can watch it again.

• Minion

thanks, I will check it out later.

im glad that you all enjoyed my videos! Its been a while since anyone remembers the 30th Anniversary of Disneyland, i think the parade was so cool! so 80'sish, yet happy and colorful!. Its too bad that Disneyland doesn't have a new parade every year! They used to have new parades all the time but i think they stopped focusing on that.

• Goofy

Wow great video footage thanks.

i wasnt born yet but its good to see the park was still alive and kicken even though i wouldnt make my grand appearnce till '87 lol

The 30th anniversary was one of my first memories, too.

It's nice to be able to have the anniversary celebrations as a way to differentiate one visit from another in my own mind.

Thanks for the video. I added it to my favorites. In simply listening to the old executives like Jack Lindquist speak, one can see their true commitment to quality and to the guest experience. These people were not there to advance their careers by deliverng short-term gains at the expense of Disney's long-term profitability