View Poll Results: How often does Matt Ouimet visit Mice Age?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once a week, for the articles

    15 23.08%
  • Twice a week, to scan the boards for his name

    5 7.69%
  • Once a day, this is instant feed back about his work

    2 3.08%
  • Never, He is much too busy getting ready for the 50th

    40 61.54%
  • Other, please comment

    3 4.62%
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Matt Ouimet ...

  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    598

    Matt Ouimet ...

    How often do you think Matt Ouimet comes to Mice Age/Mice Chat?
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

  2. #2

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,889
    youknow there are other choices like

    once a month?

    once a year?

    once in ten years?

    once a lifetime?

    he's seen it but doesn't remeber it?

    never he's not into surveying every fansite/article site on the net?

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Posts
    3,663
    I'll bet one of the staffers is reading it daily, and giving him reports. And if it's very interesting, he'll visit.

    But executives have to be careful with outside ideas, you end up with people suing because "they stole my idea!"

    --<< Bruce >>--

  4. #4

    • Reaver of Souls
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Resident of the Etherial...
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman
    I'll bet one of the staffers is reading it daily, and giving him reports. And if it's very interesting, he'll visit.

    But executives have to be careful with outside ideas, you end up with people suing because "they stole my idea!"

    --<< Bruce >>--
    Hey! I was going to say that! You stole my warning idea!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

  5. #5

    • My Children's Father
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Island in the Sun
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman
    I'll bet one of the staffers is reading it daily, and giving him reports. And if it's very interesting, he'll visit.

    But executives have to be careful with outside ideas, you end up with people suing because "they stole my idea!"

    --<< Bruce >>--

    I agree that someone at TDA must be reviewing MiceChat and all of the other message boards. If for no other reason than to get a laugh out of all of the "wild rumours" and "insider" information. Disinformation (as in false information, not Disney information) can be a useful marketing tool, or a counter-intelligence tool (used to ferret out blabbering insiders).

    But how hard would it be for someone at WDI to track down a poster if they were to present an honestly good idea? I would expect that most people that post here would be satisfied with seeing their idea implemented. OK, maybe a small brass plaque at the entrance giving credit. And a free Premium AP. Maybe a Club 33 membership (complementary, naturally). Lifetime Premium AP. For 5 (I got a wife and kids).........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

  6. #6

    • Tour Ready
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    242
    I'm sure he never visits the site ... Buts let's just say I have been in some very high executive offices in TDA and seen Print-outs of Miceage and even Mouseplanet (Back in Al's Days There) sitting on desks with notes and highlighted sections. I was once told by an exec:

    "We do read this and listen because most of the information comes from cast members who are venting frustrations or concerns. It helps us guage whats going on in the parks that we cant see. The CM's are there all day and o are the diehard fans..."

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    But how hard would it be for someone at WDI to track down a poster if they were to present an honestly good idea?
    The problem isn't the one person with a good idea. It is the 100 people that have the exact same idea, each thinking they were the first to ever come up with that idea.

    Classic example. When Star Trek debuted, there were 3 lawsuit filed each by a person claiming the show stole thier idea for integrating medical info readouts into the hospital bed.

    See, in the 60's EKG machines were still huge and took up a ton of space and patients had to be hooked up and unhooked whenever moved from room to room... Hospital beds are high off the ground... Not that original of a concept to put the electronics into the bed. Still, many people thought Star Trek had stole their idea.

    So, someone goes to see Monster Inc, sees the final scenes with doors flying around on an ovrhead track and runs home, designes a coaster, and starts telling everyone of their great idea. Disney builds the ride. 100 people come out of the woodwork convinced it is their idea....

    Easiest thing for Disney to do is to order all execs and imagineers to stay from fan sites. Then, they have evidence the idea wasn't stolen when the 100 people file their civil cases.

    Over at MouseInfo, JSpider asked Marcie how outsiders can submit ideas to Dinsey. Her answer was, you can't! They're not allowed to accept an idea from outside, because it opens up that avenue for everyone under the sun to come up with the same idea, then all claim it was their idea when Disney actually came up with the exact same idea themselves.

    Do low-level marketing and customer-service employees monitor the sites to get a general impression of how fans are reacting to changes and proposals and marketing campaigns.... Probably. Do they report that info to bosses in generalized statistical fassion.... probably. Do the bosses themselves come take a look? I highly doubt it.

  8. #8

    • Carousel Theater Host
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    I agree that someone at TDA must be reviewing MiceChat and all of the other message boards. If for no other reason than to get a laugh out of all of the "wild rumours" and "insider" information.
    Oh, they do...they do. Many people in various departments within TDA monitor the newsgroups and message boards.

    They read the message boards for a few reasons:
    *Rumor control
    *Feedback
    *Information Leaks

    More often than not, posts on a message board are not taken too seriously, unless they are proprietary information leaks. At that point, the individual who is providing the leakage is usually tracked down and reprimanded.

  9. #9

    • Kirbyshowcase.com
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    322
    Matt Ouimet if your reading, I just want to say. "Will you come to my birthday party?"
    (insert funny comment here)

  10. #10

    • The Magics in the details
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    193
    I'm almost certain that Matt doesn't bother himself with MiceChat/Miceage, but I can promise you that people in press and publicity are there at least a couple times a week. Lost of managers keep close tabs on the articles to keep up on the leaks and the "pulse" of the APs... WDI sometimes even leaks false info to find out who their mole is.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

  11. #11

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    818
    I have done my stent in marketing for the entertainment biz. Let me just be blunt.

    People on these forums are considered "hard core" and represent 1/2 of 1% (maybe a lot less for Disney) and quite frankly is NOT the demographic you want to cater too. If they did, the park would still have old rides that had no traffic like People Mover, SkyTram, and some of the other rides everyone so fondly remembers, and none of the new rides that bring in customers.

    Ya. I remember people mover. I also remember that there was NO line EVER and nobody cared about it. It was only a place to put your feet up when you got tired. Same for SkyTram. Blasphemy!!! Ya, OK. But the park does not run off of 1/2 of 1%'s money, but the other 99.5% and those people want new rides. The old rides was just taking money away from possible new rides my maintenance, upkeep, CM pay, electricity, and some VERY expensive real-estate.

    Well enough of my ranting. Im sure it wont sit well with some, but its the truth. If you ever meet Matt in real life, never tell him your "hard core" or part of this forum. He will discredit everything you say after that. Trust me

  12. #12

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989
    I wonder if that's why the Cast Blast videos were taken off so quickly
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  13. #13

    • Back home :-(
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The most beautiful place in the world
    Posts
    710
    I know that for a fact, members of the public relations department visit the message boards. I know this because I was contacted by one on another message board. Now whether or not he was on the clock so to speak, is another question. He may have just been visiting on his own time.

    I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had cast members monitoring the message boards to find out who's leaking information and what thoughts are about certain ideas (like the new Tomorrowland paint, that sort of thing). Do I think they scan looking for ideas? Nope... like it's been posted above - HUGE legality issues.

    Do I think Matt ever comes here? Mmm... that's a really good question. I think if I worked at DL I would still visit these boards, just to know what reactions are to certain changes. However, like it was stated above, I highly doubt that they take us too seriously - we aren't the average visitor to DL. We're the more informed (well, usually ), the fanatics. I think that if we were a cross section of the average visitor to DL, they'd be in a lot of trouble!

  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,709
    This may seem rediculous but, Matt Ouimet if your reading, please paint Autopia's queue handrails and the faded protions of DCA. PLEASE!:o

Similar Threads

  1. Thank You Matt Ouimet
    By Captain Jack in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 10:28 AM
  2. Many questions about Matt Ouimet!!
    By EagleWings in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 04:25 AM
  3. What Matt Ouimet Does that is so unique.
    By Mr. Eggz in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 09:20 PM
  4. 20 questions (or more) for Matt Ouimet
    By dramaqueen in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 12:40 AM
  5. Who is WDWs Matt Ouimet?
    By s8ntmark in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 10:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •