Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Knows Where His Towel Is

How Would You Fix Tomorrowland?

If you had complete rein over TL, and you had an unlimited budget, what would you do?

I would do:

-rebuild PplMover, with starfield effects in the tunnels.
    -tear out Innoventions, but keep the Carousel structure.
    -tear out Starcade.
    -move Pizza Port into the two floors of Starcade.
    -Mission: Space in Carousel Building, queue housed in the Pizza Port building with an underground passage to Carousel building, much like Rocket Rods.
    -replace Autopia vehicles with snazzy-looking electric vehicles.
    -replace HISTA with The Timekeeper.
    -replace the Observatron with a gigantic model of our solar system.
    -replace the pointless brown ball with a model of Earth.
    -refurb the Tomorrowland Train Station.
    -landscape the FNSV queue.

Well? What would you do to make Tomorrowland your own?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Re: How Would You Fix Tomorrowland?

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    If you had complete rein over TL, and you had an unlimited budget, what would you do?

I would do:

-rebuild PplMover, with starfield effects in the tunnels.
    -tear out Innoventions, but keep the Carousel structure.
    -tear out Starcade.
    -move Pizza Port into the two floors of Starcade.
    -Mission: Space in Carousel Building, queue housed in the Pizza Port building with an underground passage to Carousel building, much like Rocket Rods.
    -refurb the Tomorrowland Train Station.

I'd:

-LEAVE innoventions, but instead I'd have today's newest technology and technology of the future (same principle of The House of the Future, with different areas ie: "Kitchen of the Future" "Mall of the Future" etc)
    -Autopia would be slightly redone with more futuristic looking cars, and bridges, with futuristic looking things on the side of the road (I don't know what yet... like... a futuristic mall in the distance (forced perspective?)
    -Bring back peoplemover, update visuals to 'futuristic'
    -redisgn the entirety to resemble (but not BE) the 60s version of Tomorrowland
    -HISTA would need to go (uhhh... I dunno what to put there)
    -Astro Blasters is gone. Put something exciting there... like... Interactive futuristic... something.
    -The plaza (where the pointless brown ball is) would be a nice clean area, maybe put a dome over it somehow, and actually have a temperature gage on the wall, just for decoration
    -Pizza Port stays
    -Rocket Rods are put back on top of People mover, eliminating the pointless gold... thing.
    - New color scheme, blue and white (and chrome... yeah, chrome.)
    - And lastly... a brand new sign that says "Tomorrowland: The Day of Tomorrow is Upon you!"

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I would do:

I heard rumors they will since Chevron pulled their contract.

A new 3D movie based on The Incredibles or Meet The Robinsons

Put Astro Orbitor back up to where it used to be.

Bring back Cosmic Waves for the hot summer days!

Put in misters for the hot summer days.

I'd say tear out the TL rocks.

That are some things off the top of my head.

I don't think that a ride will be able to go on top of the Peoplemover anymore; the safety regulations changed after they moved it.

HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Banned User

Blog Entries

I don't think that a ride will be able to go on top of the Peoplemover anymore; the safety regulations changed after they moved it.
    What about the Astro Orbitor in TL at WDW?

Building codes vary from state to state.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Building codes vary from state to state.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

So now we have that all sorted out, anyone else like to contribute their dream vision of Tomorrowland?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

This is pretty long winded, but here it goes:
    -Remove the Astro Orbiter and rocks from the entryway and replace them with planters similar to those of Tomorrowland '67.
    -Place a new transportation attraction on the Peoplemover track, with the que in the current Star Tours overflow que.
    -New film for Star Tours.
    -Remove the canopy next to the Star Tours building.
    -Remove and or shrink the planters around the Peoplemover track to improve guest flow.
    -Reopen the Rocket Jets (if legally possible).
    -Open a table service restaurant on the second floor of the Starcade.
    -Reinstall the escalator as the entrance for Space Mountain.
    -Remove Red Rockets, 1st floor que for SM, and HISTA and replace it with an omnimover ride based on time travel.
    -Isolate Innoventions to the second floor and place a new rotating theatre show on the first floor.
    -Lessen the table space for Tomorrowland Terrace to improve guest flow.
    -Push back the entrance to Autopia to open up the walkway and replace the Autopia fleet to electric vehicles.
    -Replace the monorail fleet.
    Last edited by HookFan88; 09-19-2007 at 10:08 PM.

• Minion

YESS!!!!
    -I would replace the murals with LCD screens
    -Update Star tours
    -Put a vary hight tech immersive magical show in the innovations building.
    - bring back the people mover
    -put the astro orbiter on the people mover platform.
    -change up the scenery in the autopia
    -get ride of that awful ugly Hista theater/show
    -next would be use the platform on the Space moutain queue as a luanch pad for that guy who has a jet back. I've seen him on TV!
    - have CM fly little remote control space craft to add to the atmosphere.

• Minion

Oh and i would hide the nemo queue underground

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Innoventions needs to be seriously refreshed, and have a generous budget for continuous quarterly and annual updates - If you are going to highlight the near future it's a rapidly moving target and you have to replace the items much more often. The techies know when it's on the shelf at Wal-Mart it isn't all that "New!" anymore.

Star Tours needs a few more destinations to choose from.

HISTA needs a rework - a new "chapter" of the story. Perhaps he's getting the Invention Award again for an improved model...

Rocket Rods / Peoplemover: Build the Tomorrowland Transit Authority as outlined on the back-lit poster in the tunnel. "Personal Rapid Transit" between all three theme parks, the Disney hotels, Disneyland Hotel Convention Center, Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim Transit Hub (by the Big A) etc.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Progressive Disneylander

I really have 4 major fixes:

1. Resurrect the People Mover in original or re-themed form
    2. Re-paint and re-tomorrow Tomorrowland. (More neon please!!)
    3. Swap out HISTA with something new. I'm open to just about anything.
    4. A brand new E-ticket to replace Innoventions.

I'm not going to nitpick the rest. If they did this over the next 2-3 years, I'd be giddy.

• AKA - DisneyChris

1. Bring back an updated version of carousel of progress on the first floor of innoventions building, and at the end of the show, guest travel up to the second level of the building for a smaller innoventions exhibit, showcasing many of the technologies shown in the final act of the carousel show downstairts.

2. Gut the HISTA theater and turn it into an all new Circle Vision style auditorium. Either show a revamped and updated version of The Time Keeper show at Walt Disney World, or an all new version of America the Beautiful.

3. Bring back the escalator ramps to Space Mountain queue, and better landscape the roof in front of SM.

4. Expand Red Rockets Pizza Port, so that it is a Pizza Parlor, and an arcade, similar to the arcade featured in the movie Toy Story. Use the large open area under space mountain that used to be the Space Place restuarant to accomidate this expansion, as the new entrace to the second level of Space Mountain would again be in front of the building (see number 3)

5. The Star Cade would be converted into an all new Adventure Through Inner Space, and updated as a very future forward version. They can expand the building from behind to accomidate the extra space that will be needed. This space is now a cast member area that could easily be shifted.

6. Get rid of the Star Wars movie Refrences in Star Tours, (Star Wars was not a Disney movie) and change the ride to an updated Mission to Mars, using the exhisting flight simulators to transport guests to the red planet. The current Star Tours Que could be an all new mission control, and audio animatronic flight director, Tom Morrow, would discribe your journey up ahead as you weave through the cue.

&. I would not touch Astro Blasters.

9. Move the Astro orbitor to the top of the people mover station again, and return it to its original 1967 USA Rocket design

10. Bring back the people mover. The new cars would have no roof, like the WDW version, and the entire exterior track would be inclosed in clear plexiglass tubes you travel through, with air vents to allow for circulation. The new cars would have state of the art sound systems, and glide smooth with out any sort of bumping, like the old cars used to. There wouls also be two additional stops along the route where you can board and deboard, or just stay on if you decide to. One station would be inside the shop on the north side of the tomorrowland prominade. (Astro Blasters side) They other would be on the second floor of the carousel building, inside innoventions.

11. Remove the rocks outside the tomorrowland entrance and bring pack the 1967 planter design. Also bring back the Avenue of Flags and a new Atomic Clock (circa 1955) where the astro orbitor once was located.

12. New Monorails that look more like the original Mark I trains (Got my wish on this one)

13. New Autopia all electric futuristic cars that transports guests through a metropolis of tomorrow, excting landscaping, new signs bridges and tunnels, and minature facades of buildings all along the route (to go with the miniature cars you are driving) that look like a city of the future.

14. A new motor boat cruise, for the kiddies, in fin tailed phantom boats mimicing the original 1955 attraction. From the boats you would be able to see the futuristic city as well, all along the shore line of the boats.

So what do you all think of my idea??? Yeah or nay????

Hmmm, I like very much. But keep in mind that aethestic developments are included too.

For example:

-Replace the giant brown ball of poo with an animated model of the Earth.
    -replace that piece of junk on the Rocket Jets platform with a working model of the solar system.
    -beautify the Nemo queue.
    -remove the rocks, replace with otherworldly plants.
    -more neon.

I hope that these changes, especially the first two, will make Tomorrowland vibrant again.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast