Thread: Hilton?

• Minion

Hilton?

So, we are going to Oct. 9th for four nights. I have reservations at PPH, but, after figuring out our budget, we decided that we can't afford it right now. I have been looking at hotwire.com. There is a hotel available that we have figured out is the Hilton on convention way. I checked out tripadvisor and some of the reviews are a little iffy. Anyone have any opinions? It's a great deal, but I don't want to be stuck in a cruddy place. Thanks!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Hilton?

If it is the Hilton Anaheim, I have stayed there twice, and I thought that it was very nice. They have a restaurant, and you can walk to the park, although it is a little hike. If you buy an ART pass, it is convenient for getting to the park. I thought the rooms were very nice. I slept well in the beds there. They have a nice pool, if you like to swim. I booked it as a Good Neighbor Hotel. I would say that if you have a good rate, you shouldn't be disappointed. I liked the breakfast buffet that they had in their restaurant.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• It's all nonsense

I've been once to the Anaheim Hilton on convention wy and have no complaints. Be prepared for a parking fee. The rooms are roomy and really clean. You can tell the hotel has been there for a while, but the upkeep is great.

Plus there is a Starbucks inside

We have stayed here a number of times and have no complaints. We have on a couple of occasions had rooms where we could see the fireworks which was a nice bonus.

we stay there every time we go there. i LOVE that hotel.

ask for a room on the tower portion, if you can. it's got the BEST view of disneyland imo.

i can't recommend this hotel enough for you. the beds are comfy, the service is fantastic.

kingdom hearts <3er

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I stayed at the Hilton back in 2004. Not too bad unless there is a major convention in town(on are last day a convention started and waits for their slow elevators were quite long...actual lines formed for the elevators)

The family restraurant there is nice but a tad pricy(even by Disney standards). Go accross the street for some of your meals at the nice coffee chop inside the Clarion to save money.

We found the pool and the jacuzzis(I think they have something like 4 of them) really nice and the Lobby is gorgeous. Rooms are a tad small but kept up well and very clean.

Another Hotel you might consider is the Sheraton next door to the Hilton....their rooms are nicer and larger and the grounds are quite lush.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

We stay there constantly when we visit Disneyland and we love it.

Ask for a room with a park view as high up as possible. You have a GREAT view of the fireworks from there (you can even see Tinkerbell, although just as a dot).

There is a shuttle to the park but we usually cab it (6 bucks ish) or walk across the street to the Timon lot where a tram will pick you up and take you to the east entrance. You can also just walk to the Grand Californian.

Since we started staying there we rarely ever get to see disneyland at night. We plan our day to end up watching the fireworks from our room, snuggled up on the couch under a blanket. When they are over, we turn the couch around and hop back in bed!

Hope you enjoy it!

• Man O Lantern

Just wanted to chime in about the parking fees. They are in the neighborhood of $14/night....possibly more?

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    If it is the Hilton Anaheim, I have stayed there twice, and I thought that it was very nice. They have a restaurant, and you can walk to the park, although it is a little hike. If you buy an ART pass, it is convenient for getting to the park. I thought the rooms were very nice. I slept well in the beds there. They have a nice pool, if you like to swim. I booked it as a Good Neighbor Hotel. I would say that if you have a good rate, you shouldn't be disappointed. I liked the breakfast buffet that they had in their restaurant.
    i second this opinion because i am far too lazy to type my own, but having stayed there in the past i will say its a good hotel =D
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

parking is $11/night

unless there was a price increase since july of this year....
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Minion

Thanks for all the super fast answers!

I went ahead and booked it on Hotwire. It was the Hilton. I got it for $74 a night. I'm sad not to be staying at the PPH. But I'm going, that's what matters!

• Circle of Ancients

We are staying at the Hilton on Saturday. It's pretty nice.

We got it on Priceline for $50 per night.

• A Pirate's life for me!

We've stayed there quite a bit over the past 15 years or so. Nice place.

It's a leisurely walk from Goofy's Kitchen or the Park. We walk through the convention center vehicle entrance and through the parking garage. Not bad.

We're Hilton Honors members, so the points help out as well.

About the only time that we stay there now is when we get the cheap rate on Priceline or our Gov't rate.

Haven't seen Paris hanging out at the bar there though...

Enjoy!

• SuperDork

I have stayed at a number of hotels in the area, including the hilton a number of times. I will say that my last stay there, about 1 year ago, was quite a let down. Not horrible, but not great. If not staying at the resort hotels, I prefer the Marriott. It's right across the street, so same location, but it has always seemed a bit cleaner, etc. Bottom line, either will suffice. Enjoy your trip!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    So, we are going to Oct. 9th for four nights. I have reservations at PPH, but, after figuring out our budget, we decided that we can't afford it right now. I have been looking at hotwire.com. There is a hotel available that we have figured out is the Hilton on convention way. I checked out tripadvisor and some of the reviews are a little iffy. Anyone have any opinions? It's a great deal, but I don't want to be stuck in a cruddy place. Thanks!

How did you figure out what it was?
    Har har har