Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Stop That!

Re: Area music at disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    I have a few tracks used for Euro Disneyland's main street, and I have to say that the tracks there sound more American than ours. If thats possible though.
    I've always wondered why the foreign parks play (some) different music on their Main Street. I know they use several tracks from Randy Newman's Ragtime score.

On a related note, are they playing new area music in Tomorrowland since the Space Mtn reopening? Hong Kong's Tomorrowland had some great music: same as WDW's Tomorrowland ("futuristic" versions of several Tomorrowland classics), but with added gems like the Monorail Song, Dreamflight and even both versions of Timekeeper!

• Minion

Taken from The sound of music web page.
    Tomorrowland's Area Music experienced many changes. Before its rehab the music consisted of 3rd party New Age music from composers as David Lanz or Patrick O’Hearn. To enhance the new "old" look of Tomorrowland, the music was changed to the wacky tunes of Raymond Scott. After a few months these were replaced by newly recorded sound-alikes by George Wilkins. Unfortunately this loop didn't last for long either and was finally replaced with hectic synthesizer variations of famed attractions as "If You Had Wings" or "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".

• Stop That!

Taken from The sound of music web page.

Tomorrowland's Area Music experienced many changes. Before its rehab the music consisted of 3rd party New Age music from composers as David Lanz or Patrick O’Hearn. To enhance the new "old" look of Tomorrowland, the music was changed to the wacky tunes of Raymond Scott. After a few months these were replaced by newly recorded sound-alikes by George Wilkins. Unfortunately this loop didn't last for long either and was finally replaced with hectic synthesizer variations of famed attractions as "If You Had Wings" or "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
    I believe that's about WDW's Tomorrowland. I've wondered why they don't add some of the new HKDL pieces into that mix as well, as some of the rides ("Dreamflight") only ever existed in Florida...

• Fighter Pilot

wow were did you get that info??

I know all

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    I believe that's about WDW's Tomorrowland. I've wondered why they don't add some of the new HKDL pieces into that mix as well, as some of the rides ("Dreamflight") only ever existed in Florida...
    I'm almost sure it's about the CA version bc of the new "old look" remark. other than that u do here tracks such as "Great big beautiful 2morrow" and "if you had wings" and other songs from the page in DL.

HKDL's version of tomorrowland seems wacky and fun I would like to here the music there.

• Stop That!

I'm almost sure it's about the CA version bc of the new "old look" remark. other than that u do here tracks such as "Great big beautiful 2morrow" and "if you had wings" and other songs from the page in DL.
    It's under the "Magic Kingdom/Tomorrowland" menu on the site (WDW had a major refurb in 1994, when I believe they switched to the new music). Also I don't think DL ever used Vangelis or David Lanz as BG music, did they?

Anyway, if Disneyland is playing "If You Had Wings" now then they must have switched over to the same music as Florida (I don't think it was ever played there before the Space Mtn Rehab). Do you remember any of the other songs they play?

• Minion

yeah they play "sailing" from Toy Story, the observatron plays the theme from Rocketeer as well as the timekepper melody in addition to other songs I cant think of at the moment. But i think your right about the wdw/Dl music thing BoogaFrito.

• Stop That!

My favorite of the HKDL Tomorrowland music was the theme from Tron. WDW doesn't play it; I hope it made it into Disneyland's loop.

• Minion

OMG!!! THATS SOOOOO INCREDIBLY AWESOME!!!!!!OMG!!! I LOVE TRON!!!!

i would also like to here the theme from Dark Cristal used in Disneyland's TL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12