Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going to Disneyland Sick???

Has anyone gone to Disneyland feeling a little under the weather? Did going make you feel better? Did you're symptoms vanish once you were there? A little under the weather and wanting to go this weekend...

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Going to Disneyland Sick???

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    Has anyone gone to Disneyland feeling a little under the weather? Did going make you feel better? Did you're symptoms vanish once you were there? A little under the weather and wanting to go this weekend...
    I did once. It was about 7 months ago. I came down with a serious sickness that wasn't recognized ntil the nighttime. It was on Feb 10th and I was in the park and everything went fine until around 1PM when I started to feel like I was about to pass out. I went to First Aid and they gave me a pill with my dads permission over the phone (I was alone). I was in there for at least until 3PM. I went to Carnation Cafe for some food and I was fine again until 6PM when it became serious. I put my head down in the Golden Horseshoe until I concluded that I can't get through the rest of the night. So I called my dad to tell him that I need to go home and he picked me up. I bought a bottle of water on the way out. It was terrible.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Stop That!

Has anyone gone to Disneyland feeling a little under the weather? Did going make you feel better? Did you're symptoms vanish once you were there?
    Yes! The last time I went to California, I came down with a bad sinus infection right around the "Disneyland" portion of the trip.

I didn't notice the symptoms at all once I got to the park. I know that I felt sick, but it's something I just didn't pay attention to while I was there, and my memories of the trip now are as good as any other.

• =)

I've never gone into the park with a non-chronic problem, i.e. a cold or flu or something. I've been to the park numerous times with a chronic stomach problem, with it sometimes bothering me and sometimes not. I also visited Disneyland once in the middle of an ongoing anxiety problem, which was definitely my worst visit to the park ever. I barely rode anything, despite my love for the rides and the fact that I didn't get to visit often. I left at the end of the day feeling like my love for Disneyland had finally been permanently soured.

Luckily, I was wrong. Since then, I've taken two or three trips, all of which were SO much fun and free of stomac pain and anxiety. And between visits, I've enjoyed countless hours of making a CG model of Disneyland. Definitely no souring here.

Anyway, I'd never go to Disneyland with a cold. I wouldn't enjoy it at all. And, more importantly, I'd probably infect at least ten other people! If you have a contagious condition of any sort, PLEASE DO NOT GO TO DISNEYLAND! Reward yourself afterwards, but during the sickness, get your rest at home so you get better quicker and don't pass it on to anyone else!

Nice post!!! Just a little sniffles and sneezing! I would walk around the park with a Dr. Mask on but too many people might stare at me. I think if more people would wear those things maybe we wouldn't spread our germs.

• Off to Neverland

Take some Dayquil.

• ...lurks...

For me, personally - if I'm sick enough to say I am sick, I stay home sick and try not to take away from other people's long-term joys of the park.

I've been tempted at times....really tempted, but have refrained thus far.

My vote: If you're sick, stay home.

• Winter in Oceanside...

When we were first married, DH and I planned a trip down to DL (we lived in NorCal at the time) and then on to Hawaii. During the DL part of the trip, I came down with the flu, big time. Fever of 104. I didn't realize it at first - just thought I was hot because it was summer and I was hot. When I got to the motel in the early evening, I just collapsed. I spent the next 2 days sleeping in the dark of the room, while DH went to the park alone. My fever was down enough to get on the plane for Hawaii. We had non refundable tickets and this was our big vacation we'd saved up for for 3 years.

• Off to Neverland

I actually have gone with a bit of a cold...and it just got worse afterwards

Oh yeah...and last December I was supposed to go and I got the flu...103 temp...but I literally couldn't stand..so dland prolly woulda been dumb.
    I mean, yeah I was going the day after I had a day of recooperation...but my mom still wouldn't let me go. So I still didn't go to school. haha.

I've been taking Airborn like crazy to avoid a cold. Airborn has saved me several times last year and I hope this time too. I figure if I'm ok to work then I should be ok to have fun! See you at the parks!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I've gone with a cold. What ends up happening is I end up going to a movie and napping. That's sad.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I have gone to Disneyland sick once. It was on a Sunday back at the end of February. I was at the meet and I was getting over a runny nose and sore throat. I only went for the meet, and then lunch, and then I finally went home. I did cough a little bit after coming home.

• Off to Neverland

I've felt a bit stuffed up 2day...my throat hurt a little this week...
    I'm going to the park 2morro in the rain...
    Think I'll get sick?! HAHA

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I've never been when I was sick, but I have developed stomach problems while at the park before. I know my wife and I have both stuffed ourselves during dinner before and paid the price afterwards. Believe me, as much as I love Disneyland, when I started to feel really bad the only place I wanted to be was home in bed. Disney Magic is not a cure.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I've never gone into the park with a non-chronic problem, i.e. a cold or flu or something. I've been to the park numerous times with a chronic stomach problem, with it sometimes bothering me and sometimes not. I also visited Disneyland once in the middle of an ongoing anxiety problem, which was definitely my worst visit to the park ever. I barely rode anything, despite my love for the rides and the fact that I didn't get to visit often. I left at the end of the day feeling like my love for Disneyland had finally been permanently soured.

Luckily, I was wrong. Since then, I've taken two or three trips, all of which were SO much fun and free of stomac pain and anxiety. And between visits, I've enjoyed countless hours of making a CG model of Disneyland. Definitely no souring here.

Anyway, I'd never go to Disneyland with a cold. I wouldn't enjoy it at all. And, more importantly, I'd probably infect at least ten other people! If you have a contagious condition of any sort, PLEASE DO NOT GO TO DISNEYLAND! Reward yourself afterwards, but during the sickness, get your rest at home so you get better quicker and don't pass it on to anyone else!

I have issues with anxiety, too. I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say going on an anxious day is bad news because the same thing happened to me...
    Besides avoiding the park when my anxiety is high, I also avoid it on headachey days. I get really bad headaches about twice a month, and once I went on one of those headachey days--- BAD idea... everything seemed louder than normal, the shows were like being TORTURED, and I just couldn't enjoy it...
    Don't go to Disneyland on a sick day... I think it makes the experience less magical...
    <3 Chloe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast