Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Ever gotten mad at a character??

With the Pluto and Tigger videos making the rounds in cyberspace, it got me thinking....anyone ever gotten upset with one of the characters at the Happiest Place on Earth??

I'll start it off.....my daughter's boyfriend is a serious gamer and was in the arcade by Space Mountain ready to beat the high score on one of the games....Star Wars I think. Anyway, along comes Peter Pan who walks up and starts pushing buttons causing him to lose....game over....he turned around and yelled "what the f#$& Peter???!!! He was mad! Peter must have sprinkled Pixie dust because he flew out of there.....Very odd experience.
    ~~Second star to the right and straight on til morning~~

5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions :confused:

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Re: Ever gotten mad at a character??

Quote Originally Posted by dsnycrw View Post
    I'll start it off.....my daughter's boyfriend is a serious gamer and was in the arcade by Space Mountain ready to beat the high score on one of the games....Star Wars I think. Anyway, along comes Peter Pan who walks up and starts pushing buttons causing him to lose....game over....he turned around and yelled "what the f#$& Peter???!!! He was mad! Peter must have sprinkled Pixie dust because he flew out of there.....Very odd experience.
    Jeez...it's only a game. I'm sure Peter Pan only meant it out of fun. And cursing at a character? A little trip with Security would be called.

I think getting mad at a character is the wrong thing to do. The characters are only playing around, and it is only just for fun. I can imagine what would have happend if Peter hadn't gotten out of there. He probably would have been beaten by that kid. Sheesh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• Minion

Disneyland or not, having ANYONE come up and press buttons and be annoying...is annoying.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Overreacted a little bit there...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• So fetch

No.

There are plenty of people in the real world for me to be mad at from the snooty cashier at Target to the idiot who cuts me off on the freeway. If a character assaults my kid, yes I'll be mad but anything other than that, no.

• "I Break Things"

Please, at Jungle we are mature. We don't believe in getting MAD we simply get EVEN. Just ask the Aladdin crew what happened to their lamp on a Skip's last day!
    Last edited by techskip; 09-20-2007 at 09:42 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I remember when I was a little kid -- maybe about 3 -- I saw Mickey and I was so excited to see him, but it must have been time for his break because he walked away from me and didn't stop for me. And yes -- he did see me because he was waving me off as he was walking. Not waving at me, waving in the kind of motion to get away.

I am now 38 and I have never forgotten this. I don't hate the characters but to this day they are the least magical thing for me at Disneyland.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

It didn't happen to me, but I witnessed it. I was working parades, babysitting what we call Pan Tech, it's the little rope off area outside the Kings and Queens Bathroom, formely known as the Prince and Princess bathrooms. It was the part when Ursula went through. It was when the "eels" seem to "snap" at the guests Everyone most of the timewould laugh at this, but this time, this father got offended when this happened to his daughter. The dancer kept his cool and replied "I'm with her" pointing towards Ursula. The father was mad that he asked where he could complained, but I told him that it was part of an act.

Some people just don't take a joke.

I've always had average to great experiences with cast members, but never any bad ones.

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by dsnycrw View Post
    With the Pluto and Tigger videos making the rounds in cyberspace, it got me thinking....anyone ever gotten upset with one of the characters at the Happiest Place on Earth??

What was Peter Pan doing in Tomorrowland?

Anyway, I'm a huge gamer and all, and yes, it is irritating to have people make you lose in a game, but I don't think I would have sworn at him.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I've been annoyed but never mad. If you can't control yourself without screaming profanities, perhaps Disneyland isn't your place.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I've never gotten mad, but was a bit exasperated at Cruella once. It was at the MNSSHP at WDW and I was dressed like Princess Leia, had my hair in the buns and everything. Only thing was, I'm a blonde, so the effect was not that great. Cruella said, " A blonde Princess Leia?" I said, "No, I'm her cousin." She said some other unfriendly comments that I don't remember. I know she was just in her part, but come on, at least I dressed up for this party and should receive some credit. It was really no big deal and I didn't let it ruin my night.

• "professional" sailor

only when I asked for her number and she said "no"
    My book on a comprehensive study of the Disneyland Railroad CK Holliday is now available at http://ckhollidayplans.com!

My DLRR CAD Download
    My CK Holliday Project

Thumbs down Re: Ever gotten mad at a character??

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I am now 38 and I have never forgotten this. I don't hate the characters but to this day they are the least magical thing for me at Disneyland.
    Hate to ruin the magic, but you try doing what they do all day. It's not easy, and they do need a break to actually breath and get fresh air once in a while. Parents get so made it's insane when characters try to leave! If they stop for you, they'd have to stop for the other 5,000 kids who are upset Mickey is taking a break.

If you're 38 and still can't forget what happened... you might need to get some help. Take the guy with you who cussed out Peter Pan for distrorying his entire life by pushing a button on a FAKE VIDEO GAME.

wow, lol- isn't there more important things in life to worry about? I guess not for some members here.
    -Wes

I'm not mad , maybe a little annoyed. my daughter was 3 and in line for Tigger. gets right up to him and tigger leaves. could of been forwarned. My daughter cried, at 3 all I could say was Tigger had to go potty. hoping that would help. it didn't. atleast with the princess (when they were by the castle) would tell you that they had to leave in 5 min. It traumatized me more than my daughter. she doesn't remember

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast