Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Guests Allowed to Give CM's a Thank You?

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    what about the bubbles that the bubble ladies give out....are those considered gifts???
    The soap film is but not the air

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Cast Members are trained to say no four times to cash valued items, in this case this is not the case.
    Not that I've ever taken a "cash valued item", I've also never heard of this training. Should I click my heels together at the same time?
    What if they ask 5 times? Can you take it then? If they only ask 3 times, should I follow them around and wait?
    Last edited by seenoevil; 09-21-2007 at 03:38 PM.
    I want my cake back!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    Not that I've ever taken a "cash valued item", I've also never heard of this training. Should I click my heels together at the same time?
    What if they ask 5 times? Can you take it then? If they only ask 3 times, should I follow them around and wait?
    Required to turn it over to your lead/manager

• "I Break Things"

Hand it out... better yet let the kid hand it out... shoudl be fine.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Second Star to the right.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    what about the bubbles that the bubble ladies give out....are those considered gifts???
    The Bubble Ladies are sanctioned by the the Disneyland Resort to hand out bubbles to the CMs. The CMs are not required to do the three no routine with the Bubble Ladies.
    Check out my flickr photos!

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    you've never heard that before? i always taught my trainees that when we were in stores.

If they're on Fantasmic! you'll need their name and where they were. All Fan! CMs wear the same costume, except leads and trainers.
    Parade route you can check by costume.

i see no problem with the little thank you card unless its not money.

I have seen a CM take tips at the plaza inn though while they are cleaning tables, something he shouldn't do.

There is also a site around that used to sell or still sells pins that were made to give to CM's so that they can pin them on their costumes. The pins have a little card. Then when you get home you register the thank you online and its placed on the site. I believe that then a mesage is sent to Disney to let them know about the CM's good job.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    There is also a site around that used to sell or still sells pins that were made to give to CM's so that they can pin them on their costumes. The pins have a little card. Then when you get home you register the thank you online and its placed on the site. I believe that then a mesage is sent to Disney to let them know about the CM's good job.
    That sounds like a good idea! The one time I gave a gift to a CM was to a WDW CM when I was in Orlando a couple years ago. I was taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour and at the end of the tour, I gave the tour guide a DL pin. He was an exceptional tour guide and I thought the pin was a small enough token of appreciation to not cause any issues.

However, I really encourage leaving a comment at Town Hall for complimenting CMs. I'm sure the CMs would appreciate the gesture.

• Disney Gram

I print and laminate little CM thank you cards to hand out and always fill out a CM compliment form and send one via email also.
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

• Googly eyed

The cards sound adorable! And having you child give it to them is even more adorable.

too bad about the "Cash Value" gifts. THere goes my 25cent rings to propose to the Dapper Dans. ha.

AW, but this sounds way cool. I'm sure little hand written cards wouldn't cause such a fuss.
    STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
    And, I kiss that frog
    Each time finding
    The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
    He's the Earth and heaven to you

• Mickey Mouse Slave

hahahaha, i think most CMs dont bother with the reject 3 times... a lot of time, the guest just say keep the change... how do you reject that? :|

well, i think it would cool to recieve a card. Makes me happy to know that i made a guest feel special. ^_^

probably bring it back to our office and post it somewhere.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    you've never heard that before? i always taught my trainees that when we were in stores.
    Nope! I've been on almost 7 years! I checked with one of the trainers and so I stand corrected! I guess I just can't imagine someone offering a CM something of value (other than restaurant tips, which I understand) as a thank you. I would never dream of taking it, no matter how many times they insisted.
    I want my cake back!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    i see no problem with the little thank you card unless its not money.

I have seen a CM take tips at the plaza inn though while they are cleaning tables, something he shouldn't do.

As long as the gift lacks cash value, there's no problem.

Also, when a busser takes the tip from a table he/she's cleaning, how do you know he/she's not doing what they're supposed to be doing? Bussers are supposed to take the money left on the table and when they get a chance, give it to their lead. This means putting it in their pocket for the time being.

Giving a CM a pin to put on their costume is a good-intentioned, yet terrible idea. CM's are not allowed to wear pins unless certain exceptions apply (like holidays, lanyards, etc.). A CM wouldn't want to be caught wearing a pin for that reason, plus the pin is of cash value, so it's double trouble.

But when guests want to give me stuff (like tips), I just say "no, no, no, I can't accept that." This covers the "three nos" clause. The guest then replies with "I insist" (so I take it) or just slips it into my pocket anyway. Chances are I then conveniently forget to report it.

• ...lurks...

My vote is DO IT! A thank you from a little on means more (at least to me), than from a grown adult. I am SURE that any cast member would love it!
    Last edited by shadow; 09-24-2007 at 03:51 PM. Reason: fixed glaring typo...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast