Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Love!

AP Black-out Tix unavailable 7/17!

I just spoke with guest services, and I got several important questions answered.

1)Black-out tickets for Annual Passholders will NOT BE AVAILABLE for 7/17. The word came down from TPTB to Guest Services today. D'oh! They are going to make a mint on us.

2) The Timon lot will be open at midnight (so presumably it won't be closing), and the ticket booth will be open at 1:30 AM. Guest Services said that they have to vacate Disneyland before they can begin the line-up into DCA.

3) There will be no free-roaming on line at DCA. If you leave the line you will need someone to hold your place for you. There will be nowhere to sit other than the ground.

4) For guests who have need of a wheelchair (or heck, whose legs get tired after standing or sitting on the concrete for four hours) the rentals will become available at DCA at 3AM.

All things are, as they said, subject to change without notice!

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: AP Black-out Tix unavailable 7/17!

If I were a DAP, I would SERIOUSLY consider upgrading, given the cost. And do it ahead of time.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Isn't it an $80 difference between DAP and PAP? Wouldn't that make buying a one day pass cheaper?

Did they mention what the consequences would be if we left our cars in M&F overnight? Since presumably we'd have to pay $10 to park at Timon & Pumba, I'd rather just park for free.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by millionairegirl
    Isn't it an $80 difference between DAP and PAP? Wouldn't that make buying a one day pass cheaper?

Did they mention what the consequences would be if we left our cars in M&F overnight? Since presumably we'd have to pay $10 to park at Timon & Pumba, I'd rather just park for free.
    $120 difference, I believe. A previously purchased one-day park hopper will be accepted still, right?
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

millionairegirl: for $30, wouldn't you rather have no block out days the rest of the year?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Well, I have the PAP. But most people get the Deluxe with parking since they generally have no intention of ever going on the unblocked days since they are so crowded, this is a rare exception.

Actually, the only reason I have the PAP was the first time I bought the pass I had some sort of AAA or Disney Club discount that made the difference between the PAP and the DAP plus parking only $5, so I went with PAP. Now I'm too big of a geek to give it up. I may downgrade next year since I usually only go with my sister who has a DAP. I'm acutally keeping an anlysis this year to see how much food discounts I use. So far I'm up to $30 since May (took a group to Storyteller's to Father's day, so that kind of skewed the results).

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

Well this just screws up all my plans... i guess i can always buy a cast member discount ticket and save a couple bucks...

How can they do that!?!?!?! Sooo ruuuuuuuuude!

• Basking in birthday love

Well, I had been planning on buying a regular ticket in advance and bypass the ticket lines, but since I'm going for the DCA lineup, I was going to buy a blockout day ticket. Ah well, back to the first plan. I would upgrade to a PAP, but my current passport expires at the end ouf August, so there's no point in doing it before then.

Are they at least going to give us special pretty tickets, since they're making us buy the regular ones?

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Alright, I just called Guest Realations myself, and they said that blackout day tickets MAY BE on sale July 17th. He said to get there early, and that I'd have a better chance. Also, he said the Pumbaa lot will open at midnight, contrary to what was said before. He also said said the ticket booths will be opening at 1:30 am. However, just to check, I asked when DCA would be opening, and he said he didnt know anything aabout the early morning line-up.

In other words, take all this info w/ a grain of salt as this cast member didn't seem to be very "in the know"

Only if you shell out the extra dough for the pretty ones.

• Love!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy247
    Also, he said the Pumbaa lot will open at midnight, contrary to what was said before.
    It's not contrary to what I said before. Unless you mean what was said by MiceAge and MousePlanet.

• Banned User

I wuld figure they will know when they get final work tomorrow right?? thats when they get the booklet things??

• CM for 4 years!

I ain't going if I can't get a blockout day pass. I don't have an extra $50 lying around, unless someone wants to pay my $50 parking ticket right now. Damn police, giving a ticket to only ONE CAR parked in the alley.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

OK , OK , Ok,
    This is crazy, I just made 4 phone calls around the park , and radio'ed a few others that should be in the Know, and so far EVERYONE in the offices and guest relations have been given different stories,some of them did have about the same info BUT different versions, BUT they DID agree that Timon lot will be open at 1:30, that story was agreed by all. Only one managment team member DID say this and I quote "We have NO idea what we are in for or how many will be here and what time,there has been alot of rumous out within the last 12 hours of what is the schedule of events saturday night into sunday,and even I was told 2 different stories of the DCA opening"
    I asked if that was all true, and she agreed it was , but in the last 3 days the heads up in the office have changed there minds on a gameplan, and even as we speak and up till Saturday, she assured me to expect things to change alittle as to what REALLY happens saturday night,NOTHING IS IN STONE !,they are just trying to finalize the gameplan that they did start and make sure things go as smooth as possible, and CHANGING and Tweaking Plans between now and sunday will most likely happen.

SO like someone just said here "take it with a grain of salt" the knowledge you have on the micechat as well as in the park is just trickling out , a few words at a time .
    As they say " things CAN and will probably change with out notice ".

So best bet is KEEP checking the posts ON HERE DAILY to see what unfolds.
    "I may never grow up! Its so over rated."
    But as my kids do grow up, I am Glad they have enjoyed the Disney Magic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast