Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves

• Sock Puppet

Pet peeves

Hey! Do you guys have any pet peeves when you go to DLR?

I absolutely hate it when people don't understand how to use fastpass and they try to get multiple ones which would then waste the fastpass supply for the day. It's especially frustrating when you walk to a kiosk then see tons of unvalid fastpass on the ground. I also don't like line holders. It's fine if it's only one or two people, but when one person is inviting the family into the line, I just can't take it.

What are yours?

• Down Pluto!

Re: Pet peeves

You have a good start. I'd agree with those.

Don't forget the Hummer-sized strollers containing either one infant that would be better in a Snugli or a six-year-old too damn lazy to walk.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jl559 View Post
    Hey! Do you guys have any pet peeves when you go to DLR?

I absolutely hate it when people don't understand how to use fastpass and they try to get multiple ones which would then waste the fastpass supply for the day. It's especially frustrating when you walk to a kiosk then see tons of unvalid fastpass on the ground. I also don't like line holders. It's fine if it's only one or two people, but when one person is inviting the family into the line, I just can't take it.

What are yours?
    That doesn't use up the fastpasses when they get a ticket that says they are not eligible, it just uses up the ticket stock which can be refreshed by the attraction. And generally there's plenty of stock available at the attraction, way more than would be used in a single day.

The fastpasses themselves are electronically allocated.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

People that just don't watch where they are going, or don't control their kids who go running into anything and everything. Yes, it is possible to be 6'5 and 380 pounds and feel like you are invisible.

I'll say it again. If people drove to the park the same way they walk and act toward one another (in many cases at least) inside the DLR...the park wouldn't be nearly as crowded.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• no flash photography...

People in EVC's who think they have the right away and first dibs on everything.

• Hooterville, USA

This thread is going to get heated.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Boat shoes all day long

I don't really have any pet peevs. I have a Peevs, but he is in South Dakota.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Minion

People bumping the back of your ankle with the strollers. This doesn't just happen at Disneyland, but I am always ready for it there cause it always happens. Grrrrrrr

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

yep, this is gonna go wrong I'm pretty sure. However I agree with some of the posters on things I dislike, but not really peeves. What really gets me is the ignorance of people (which really doesn't matter) who say thing like Haunted House, Where does Bugs Bunny live, etc. Do your homework, your at Disneyland. Clueless at DL drives me crazy
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

mothers who take their young sons to the womens bathroom, they pee all over the seat, and dont clean up after.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1 View Post
    mothers who take their young sons to the womens bathroom, they pee all over the seat, and dont clean up after.
    And I bet the sons make a mess as well!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

well, I go to WDW....but, my pet peeve, is when you get to the parade route an hour early, so, your kid and you can have good seats....and YOU sit and wait, and wait...and wait. 5 mins before the parade starts...someone comes up with 2 or 3 kids and shoves them right next to your kid, till finally, your kid has to move because she 's getting elbowed in the face. I'm sorry....but, if you wanted your kid to see the parade front row ...get there an hour early like we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    You have a good start. I'd agree with those.

Don't forget the Hummer-sized strollers containing either one infant that would be better in a Snugli or a six-year-old too damn lazy to walk.
    In some cases, they may have a good excuse, like a sick or disabled child. A stroller is cheaper and smaller than a wheelchair. But most of the time it may be the case of a lazy elementary schooler, or more likely the parents just don't want to slow down for their kid occasionally or deal with them when they're tired and cranky. My parents made me and my sister walk everywhere since I was at least a year old. So sometimes it kinda throws me off too when I see so many enormous kids being pushed, carried, or carted around eveywhere. If the kids are healthy and older than 3, I say let them walk, just take plenty of breaks throughout the day. I was 3 when I first visited DL, and I remember alot. But I really don't remember being miserable or tired the whole time.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Yeah. I don't get all these older kids in strollers these days. Maybe there is something wrong with them. Who knows. All I know is that when my son started to walk, we couldn't get him into a stroller to save our lives. Oh well...

My big pet peeve is when you are walking down a pathway and a group of family or friends of 4 or 5 people decide to all walk down the path in a line, blocking you from being able to cross through them. And invariably they are going SLOW. I mean, split up in two rows of two, but if you are going to block a pathway at least walk fast!

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    This thread is going to get heated.
    The assumptions on why older kids are in strollers have already started so let the fun begin.

Where's my popcorn and dr. pepper?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast