Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Re: Guess what happened to all the Disneyland 50th Stuff?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEYLAND-50TH-...QQcmdZViewItem

I do agree with people being allowed to sell items depending on circumstances however I also understand how everyone else feels when they were there to collect and not to turn a profit but were unable to collect because someone else was greedy. As Steve and many others told me about the map... welcome to Capitolism
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Rock Star Minion

I have a slightly used banner -- heavy plastic once flown at the DLr.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    I've sorta got a "thing" for this free-market society of ours. Call me crazy.

Someone should be able to sell ANYTHING no matter how they came into it, whether they paid for it or not, and reap as much profit as they can.

Silly, I know.
    Even if something was stolen?
    Even if it, say a book, were copied?
    You wouldn't mind my copying one of your books, and selling them, eh?

Other than that, I have no problem with someone selling something that is RIGHTFULLY theirs. Like a store-bought book, or baseball caught in a major-league ball park seating area.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Here's the Tinkerbell.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ACTUAL-DISNEYLAN...QQcmdZViewItem

I find it sad that the crowns were cut up. I mean...I don't know what words to use. To each their own, I suppose. But, since this individual is cutting up the crown to bring in more money, I think that's just plain sad. There are plenty of people out there who would have kept that crown in one piece, I'm sure. I'm just bummed that it's basically really turned into scrap metal.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Even if something was stolen?
    Even if it, say a book, were copied?
    You wouldn't mind my copying one of your books, and selling them, eh?

Other than that, I have no problem with someone selling something that is RIGHTFULLY theirs. Like a store-bought book, or baseball caught in a major-league ball park seating area.
    You know, I was going to go back and clarify that, but I didn't think anyone wouldn't know that of course, I didn't mean obtaining things by stealing, etc.

Guess I was wrong...

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    You know what's funny?

I keep thinking somebody still has some of those Rossmoor Pastries (50th) cupcakes, with the sprinkles, that were handed out.

Maybe someone kept them in their freezer and now selling on e-bay.

I'm still disappointed that I never got those cupcakes.

That's about the only thing that interests me.

Visit Roosmoor in Signal Hill. The cupcakes we made for the 50th were nothing you couldn't get any day. Heck, order them 24 hours in advance and we'll even make them look exactly like they did that day .

IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    Here's the Tinkerbell.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ACTUAL-DISNEYLAN...QQcmdZViewItem

I find it sad that the crowns were cut up. I mean...I don't know what words to use. To each their own, I suppose. But, since this individual is cutting up the crown to bring in more money, I think that's just plain sad. There are plenty of people out there who would have kept that crown in one piece, I'm sure. I'm just bummed that it's basically really turned into scrap metal.
    The flip side is, now hundreds more people are going to be able to possess a piece of the "magic."

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I miss the old Disney Auctions site. I don't know why they got rid of it, and this 50th collection could have made them an even bigger profit.

• Zero Blockout Dates

I don't see this as being any worse than Disneyland selling chunks of concrete from the Matterhorn. If the seller is in legal possession of the items they can do whatever they please with them, including sell them chunk by chunk on eBay. Heck Disney itself has sold items on eBay that were part of larger sets/lots. I don't see anyone carping about that.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

My husband and I went to the Dream Auction and Sale. When this fellow won the auction (for $500.) on the first half crown everyone started whispering things like 'great price but what can you do with something SO HUGE'. Well, he went on to win the auction on two more half crowns at similar prices. And OBVIOUSLY had a plan.
    The Auction/Sale was set up so that if you bought the higher tier packages you got into the parking lot sale portion at an eariler time. We purchased the next tier down and by the time we entered the parking lot just about everything worth having was already gone. There was a little bit of drama about them selling to us something that had already been sold to someone else--but that in another story.
    The man who bought the 50th icon that is currectly for sale bought all of them and much much more. He had a whole crew of people with him and they fanned out and selected everything. We were so sad, but my husband asked him if perhaps he would sell one of the icons to us. He paid $20 for each of them and sold one to us for $35.
    A very nice purchase.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    So... if they sell a Jungle Map it's not a big deal since it was free and didn't cost them a cent but if they PAY for it then it's a huge deal because now they are making a profit off of it on Ebay instead of just collecting it...
    Did Disneylandfan1997 even weigh in on that discussion?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

That's really sad that the crown got chopped up and is now being auctioned off.

I mean, I can see the point in re-selling the crown, but to cut it into pieces? The totally turns me off on the idea of owning a "piece of the crown" ...For me the value of the piece has been compromised because the seller cut it.

It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroMousie View Post
    My husband and I went to the Dream Auction and Sale. When this fellow won the auction (for $500.) on the first half crown everyone started whispering things like 'great price but what can you do with something SO HUGE'. Well, he went on to win the auction on two more half crowns at similar prices. And OBVIOUSLY had a plan.
    The Auction/Sale was set up so that if you bought the higher tier packages you got into the parking lot sale portion at an eariler time. We purchased the next tier down and by the time we entered the parking lot just about everything worth having was already gone. There was a little bit of drama about them selling to us something that had already been sold to someone else--but that in another story.
    The man who bought the 50th icon that is currectly for sale bought all of them and much much more. He had a whole crew of people with him and they fanned out and selected everything. We were so sad, but my husband asked him if perhaps he would sell one of the icons to us. He paid $20 for each of them and sold one to us for $35.
    A very nice purchase.
    That guy has really no respect for the emotional and historical value of these items... It's sad that all he cares about is making a profit off them.... It would have been better if Disney could have somehow ensured that only interested collectors bought the items - not money hungry profiteers.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    It would have been better if Disney could have somehow ensured that only interested collectors bought the items - not money hungry profiteers.
    And exactly how would that have been accomplished? Lie detector test? Number of pins on one's lanyard?

• Kenny the Pirate

It didn't look cut up, it looked dissassembled. Several people have already bid on these items, so there's obviously a demand.
    Kenny the Pirate
    AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
    Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
    Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
    Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

• Closed Account

What typical fan would have the room to display such huge monstrosities? If someone did have the room, you'd likely never see it any way.

Now many more folks--"interested collectors" as noted above--are going to be able to have the opportunity to have a piece in their collection--and they will be sized so that one wouldn't need a warehouse to display them, too.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast