Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Guess what happened to all the Disneyland 50th Stuff?

well, all of you know by now that Disneyland just recently held a Dream, Create & Imagine event that offered people who bought tickets to the event get a chance to purchase or bid on items that were displayed at Disneyland's 50th anniversary celebration right? well some guy from Florida bought all the crowns that adorned Sleeping Beauty Castle and guess where they are at now? EBAY! Yes it seems that this clever genius whomever he is (he's probably a mice chatter) cut the crown into pieces and is now selling auctioning them off! There's also the lamp post 50th signs that adorned the flower planters on Main Street during the celebration. Hidden 50's im sure going to Follow!, For me this kinda makes me very angry, i was talking to my uncle who has worked at the park for almost 35 years and instead of giving the cast members a chance to own a piece of the 50th they decided to make money off of it!They never got anything for their appreciation, in fact he told me that some of his co-workers got fired for trying to steal the 50th props!when they were backstage, It's very sad to see that Disneyland did this. In the past, the would offer cast members first dibs at everything from special events. They should get a chance, i mean they are making the magic for guests. When i worked at the park for the 50th all we got was a measly pin,book, and ears. I mean come on they have the money but it seems that they don't really care about their cast members anymore. I believe the last time they ever offered anything was when DCA opened in 2001 and Cynthia was the DLR president, after that everything sort of went downhill, Thats why they are always, hiring thousands of people everyday, people will get hired and then realize that they don't get anything out of it then a measly paycheck and a weird schedule. It's not the happiest place on earth once you work there! (but thats another story)
    Im just boasting my opinion and hope that no one takes it the wrong way, i just wished that DL did not sell those pieces to the public, im hoping that they kept something for the archives, but then yet again people will want to own a piece of history so, its natural do that since they are all about money. What do you think?

• Closed Account

Re: Guess what happened to all the Disneyland 50th Stuff?

Where on ebay are these auctions?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    They never got anything for their appreciation, in fact he told me that some of his co-workers got fired for trying to steal the 50th props!
    WHAT!! Disneyland actually fired employees who were trying to steal stuff??

OUTRAGEOUS! I'm going to write my congressman. I mean, what's the world coming to when you can't swipe stuff from your employer without fear of becoming unemployed if caught?

Oh, by the way, you wear that sense of entitlement wonderfully.

• I love loop jokes.

Hidden 50's im sure going to Follow!,
    ....and here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEYLAND-ACTUA...QQcmdZViewItem

There is a positive side to this; die hard DL fans that didn't get a change to go to the auction now have a chance to buy a piece of the magic.

•   
    • So fetch

Yes it seems that this clever genius whomever he is (he's probably a mice chatter) cut the crown into pieces and is now selling auctioning them off!

Why do you assume he's a mice chatter? MCers aren't the only disney fans with access to ebay.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I don't see the problem with this. Am I missing something?

You dont think some CM's wont sell the stuff on ebay? I was at Disneyland on July 17th 2005 and when I walked in the gate I was given a golden Mickey ears to commemorate the day, as were evereyone else that day. There were tons of auctions for those ears on ebay same day, and the pins you could buy and anything else. Many people are going to profit from this sort of thing, not everyone has a chance to get to the parks so they go to the secondary market and people make money selling to them. Thats what we do in America. I would love to see the CM's get something to remember it all by but we all know CM's are underpaid and many will sell the stuff to supplement their income, just like the guests do.

Also remember Disney is in business to make a profit an profit is not a dirty word, if Disney doesnt make a profit then they dont build new attractions and if the dont make a profit for to long a time at some point you call it quites and close the gates. I dont want that, ebay is just another source of profit for the company, keep making a profit and give us new stuff at the parks.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I don't see the problem with this. Am I missing something?
    I think the issue is that the crowns were cut up.

You know what's funny?

I keep thinking somebody still has some of those Rossmoor Pastries (50th) cupcakes, with the sprinkles, that were handed out.

Maybe someone kept them in their freezer and now selling on e-bay.

I'm still disappointed that I never got those cupcakes.

That's about the only thing that interests me.

• Banned User

I remember there was a TR about Disney's "garage sale" and someone bought a hidden Golden Mickey that was on a washtub. Anyone have a link to that?

• Hooterville, USA

I bought a lightbulb from the MSEP.

But that was before they invented Ebay.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• "I Break Things"

So... if they sell a Jungle Map it's not a big deal since it was free and didn't cost them a cent but if they PAY for it then it's a huge deal because now they are making a profit off of it on Ebay instead of just collecting it... just asking... Also found a piece of the Indy crown among other things.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Closed Account

I've sorta got a "thing" for this free-market society of ours. Call me crazy.

Someone should be able to sell ANYTHING no matter how they came into it, whether they paid for it or not, and reap as much profit as they can.

Silly, I know.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    I've sorta got a "thing" for this free-market society of ours. Call me crazy.

Someone should be able to sell ANYTHING no matter how they came into it, whether they paid for it or not, and reap as much profit as they can.

Silly, I know.
    No way Steve! Only people on the interwebs and the government can dictate whether something can be sold or not.

To the OP...get a hobby.

• Inhospitable about happy

Ditto. What Steve said. This is a non-issue.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast