Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Question It's time to act to make my wish come true!

Papa has a saying that I have heard many times, "Wish in one hand and spit in the other. See which one fills up faster." What that means is that if you can wish all you want but if you don't actually do anything your wish will not come true. If you know me well enough you what my deepest desire is and that is to return to Disneyland for a visit after 20-plus years and meet all you wonderful Micechatters in person. Being around here for almost three years and not meeting one of you in person is starting to drive me "Bonkers!" (pun intended).

That is why today I am putting the money I received on my Birthday (around 200 dollars) last week into savings. After this I am going to put at least 10 dollars a week down as well (when my budget dictates I will save even more). My question is how much do I actually need?

This is what I do know/want already (I am being very specific because I have special needs and I am a unique case):

- I know that airfare is going to cost me at least 300 dollars roundtrip from Atlanta.

-I want to stay for three days and one of those days needs to be a Sunday for a hub meet. If I could pick a weekend it would be my Birthday weekend next year but beggars can't be choosers and I don't know if I'll have enough money saved up by that time anyway.

-I do not want to visit during a peak period, especially because of the high crowds. The higher the crowds, the harder it is for me to get around with my disability. Also the higher the crowds are going to be the more likely the AP'ers will be blacked out and I know many of you are Annaul Passholders.

-I am going to need to stay at the resort. My visual impairment won't allow me to stay at a budget motel down the street because I am not going to hoof it and risk being run over by a car. Plus I might as well splurge for this, right?

-I would like to have a companion with me but I don't think that is possible at this point. Most everyone that I do know either does not have the ability to go or plan to go at this time, or does not want to (they don't understand the sentimental value of the difference between DLR and WDW to me).

If you have any more questions before you can answer please ask and I will fill in the blanks. All I want to know is how much I need so I have a realistic picture of how much time this will take. I really don't care if it takes me a few years realisticly to come up with the money. I just want to know going in. Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: It's time to act to make my wish come true!

You really need to do this. I am a big believer in wishes. Perhaps you can find a MiceChatter who would be willing to share a hotel room with you. Therefore, it would decrease your room cost. A hotel room might set you back, $200 a night at least. The rest of it, I'd have to figure out. I always know that I figure every thing out on paper, before I make plans. I sure hope that you get your wish. I love Disneyland, and my wish is to go there , again, next Christmastime, '09.

• Colorful

Thank you Barbara! That would be great got get someone on MC to split a hotel room with. I think that would be fantastic if that happened!

• official corn dog taster

$200 a night for a hotel??? no, you can do it much cheaper than that. most hotels have busses that will take you to the park so you dont have to stay at a DL hotel. i have stayed at a few hotels in the area and never payed $200, you can even get the hyatt for less than that
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• Colorful

Quote Originally Posted by audibleatom View Post
    $200 a night for a hotel??? no, you can do it much cheaper than that. most hotels have busses that will take you to the park so you dont have to stay at a DL hotel. i have stayed at a few hotels in the area and never payed $200, you can even get the hyatt for less than that
    That's definitely something to think about. Thanks!

• Kenny the Pirate

We're staying in a 2 room suite at the Ramada Convention Center for 3 nights for $200.
    Kenny the Pirate
    AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
    Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
    Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
    Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I just put in a request on the Disneyland website for the Candy Cane Inn, for 3 nights in September, after Labor Day. The 5th of September to the 8th. This includes a Sunday. The total cost for the hotel, and a 4 day parkhopper was $598. I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. They have their own bus that takes you to the park. I highly recommend it. If you go in Sepetember, I am sure the prices are a lot cheaper than in August.

The price quoted is a Good Neighbor package.

I quoted $200 a night for the hotels of the Disneyland Resort, because that is what they are.

Booking the Candy Cane Inn can be done with a discount using AAA, if you have that card. I did that, and didn't have to pay for the room until I got there. Normal Rack Rates for a standard room, are $99 - $139 a night. I am assuming September would be at the lower end of that quote.

Tickets can be purchased on the Disneyland website. Sometimes purchasing the tickets, and the hotel separate can be cheaper. A 3 day parkhopper is $169, and a 4 day is $184.

I do not usually go with a package. I called the Candy Cane Inn directly. They do have a very informative website. They are a popular hotel, so you have to book them pretty far in advance.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 09-24-2007 at 06:16 PM.

• Colorful

Quote Originally Posted by kennygman77 View Post
    We're staying in a 2 room suite at the Ramada Convention Center for 3 nights for $200.
    Wow that's incredible!

• Colorful

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I just put in a request on the Disneyland website for the Candy Cane Inn, for 3 nights in September, after Labor Day. The 5th of September to the 8th. This includes a Sunday. The total cost for the hotel, and a 4 day parkhopper was $598. I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. They have their own bus that takes you to the park. I highly recommend it. If you go in Sepetember, I am sure the prices are a lot cheaper than in August.

The price quoted is a Good Neighbor package.

I quoted $200 a night for the hotels of the Disneyland Resort, because that is what they are.

Booking the Candy Cane Inn can be done with a discount using AAA, if you have that card. I did that, and didn't have to pay for the room until I got there. Normal Rack Rates for a standard room, are $99 - $139 a night. I am assuming September would be at the lower end of that quote.

Tickets can be purchased on the Disneyland website. Sometimes purchasing the tickets, and the hotel separate can be cheaper. A 3 day parkhopper is $169, and a 4 day is $184.

I do not usually go with a package. I called the Candy Cane Inn directly. They do have a very informative website. They are a popular hotel, so you have to book them pretty far in advance.
    How often do the buses to the Candy Cane Inn run? Wow...I am surprised that this might actually be doable.

Next question how much do you think I should allow for meals and souvenirs?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper View Post
    How often do the buses to the Candy Cane Inn run? Wow...I am surprised that this might actually be doable.

The buses leave on the 1/2 hour and on the hour. They are very prompt.

• Colorful

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The buses leave on the 1/2 hour and on the hour. They are very prompt.
    Thank you. I just checked out their website and the place looks really nice too.

• insufferable know-it-all

Yeah, just stay at a good neighbor hotel

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Question It's time to act to make my wish come true!

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper View Post
    The rule of thumb I use is about $20 per meal. You might not actually spend that much on a meal, but I always felt it was better to over estimate and have money left over than to run out. If you eat all of your meals in the resort, depending on what you eat, its going to run $9-17 for main meals.

This site shows you what the different places serve, and an idea about how much it costs. (Not always up to date but you get a ball park)

Souveniers.... thats tough. You could spend hundreds (ok... I could spend hundreds), but I would allow at least $150 for mad money for this.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Brian, I just wanted to take a moment to say good for you...for stating your intention, and making your wish and plan known in this way.

I believe that by putting this in writing and setting a plan in motion, which you already have done, this will come about for you...perhaps more easily and sooner than you realize.

I have no advice for you as of now. Just wanted to say again...good for you!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• I was deleted.

Aww.. I wish I could be more helpful to you in trip planning, but I think that penguinsoda and others have already put in my two cents. I also have to agree that you planning this out here is the first step in making your trip. So keep working at it and hopefully it'll arrive before you realize it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast