Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Why aren't there more Audio Animatronics Attractions?

It seems like Disney only uses Audio Animatronics as a test, or an added gimmick for the attraction rather than used to be the full show. So I ask: why aren't there more Audio Animatronics Attractions? The Mansion was the last addition to the park that is still around that really focuses on them as the main element to drive the story. Florida might have a few other attractions (Great Movie Ride) that are utilizing them to more than an attraction barker or side effect, but where is the love for Anaheim?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Why aren't there more Audio Animatronics Attractions?

I think it's mostly because they're more expensive to make

Disney has been relying so heavily on things like projections nowadays...personally, I think the audio animatronics are the best type of technology Disney has to offer in attractions. The 3-dimensionality is absolutely stunning, fascinating...

I wish the company would invest more into the figures too

I don't even think it's the cost to build as much as the maintenance. Projections are everywhere now and they're boring. I, too, really hope for more AAs in new attractions as the years pass.

And as far as Mansion being the most recent use of them to drive the story, I'd also include Splash Mountain which has a nice, healthy collection of salvaged figures.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I, too, would have to say it's because AA figures are costly to make and maintain. I wish Disney would you use them more, esp. because they are still refining and improving the technologies involved. We just aren't seeing them, except in the Pirate Auctioneer. I believe that they still put the most advanced AA tech. in him to test it out in the field. Anybody know if this is still true?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeek View Post
    It seems like Disney only uses Audio Animatronics as a test, or an added gimmick for the attraction rather than used to be the full show. So I ask: why aren't there more Audio Animatronics Attractions? The Mansion was the last addition to the park that is still around that really focuses on them as the main element to drive the story. Florida might have a few other attractions (Great Movie Ride) that are utilizing them to more than an attraction barker or side effect, but where is the love for Anaheim?
    Good question. Kinda like, why is DCA the way it is?

It SEEMS they like to put in something cheaper for the moment and hope for a high profit out of it. Maybe with the DCA mistake, things will change. Fingers still crossed.

But I agree. Disney started the AA, why not show it in more rides.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I don't even think it's the cost to build as much as the maintenance. Projections are everywhere now and they're boring. I, too, really hope for more AAs in new attractions as the years pass.

And as far as Mansion being the most recent use of them to drive the story, I'd also include Splash Mountain which has a nice, healthy collection of salvaged figures.

Yes, it also drives a nice story.
    To bad the section before the mother rabbit giving advice looks like the AA's don't belong in the ride.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I second that motion.

Get it? motion...never mind.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

This is kinda why I am a little disappointed in FNSV. The old subs were chock full of animatronics, and it was just downright really cool....hardly any open space without any movement either. Now it's the opposite...struggling to find something cool to look at in the outside lagoon, and it just looks, IMO, empty.

• Collision speed....FULL!

They need a lot more A 100 figures, if you don't know what those are, watch this.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    They need a lot more A 100 figures, if you don't know what those are, watch this.
    Yes, that's what we need.
    According to that clip, they are working on making them more believable, so there's hope that we'll get more. When that happens, maybe they'll put AA's in Monsters and some of the other rides the cheaped out on.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I would as well in a sense. The AA's tell the story, but the point of the attraction is not an AA story, it's the water and the big drop. People won't go on Splash to see AAs.

I realize that the expense is probably up there a ways, but it is not like other parks are replicating this. Indy can be fun, but it seems to be the kind of attraction to compete for thrills rather than pure story, which is what Disney was built on.

• DL Nerd

I would maybe add Star tours.. but Just for a LITTLE bit
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Dreams Do Come True!

Finally someone said something! I was wondering the same thing with FNSV and MI I would like to see ALOT more AA in years to come
    I also hope TSM has AA figures!!!!

• Minion

Because it's really hard to find the small thin people to put inside them.

They're thinking of recruiting Anorexics for the jobs.

Would that make them AAA's ?

• Minion FOREVER!

Sorry, TSM as I've heard doesn't really have a lot of AAs.... Hope I'm wrong.

BTW. if you want to see a lot of AAs, go see Sinbad in TDS..... AA heaven!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast