View Poll Results: Jungle Book overlay to the Jungle Cruise?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do a temporary Jungle Boat overlay, for the 40th anniversary of the movie

17 17.00%
  • Make a permanent Jungle Book Cruise, replace and add to the animatronics with Jungle Book characters

7 7.00%
  • Replace and update some of the animatronics but keep the original storyline the same

36 36.00%
  • Theme it to the "Jungle Cruise Movie"

2 2.00%
  • Don't make any changes, I like it just fine.

47 47.00%
  • I'd rather see more walk-thrus, drain it and remove it, reuse the space for more adventures.

2 2.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Re: Jungle Book Cruise?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    /\
    Emeraline: What do you think of the JUNGLE BOOK Cruise concept? Do you hate it as much as everybody else around here?
    I hate it less than some do, but I don't think JC is suited to the Jungle Book characters.

Edit: Primarily, I think the Jungle Book characters need a more high energy ride. I don't want to see the ride rushed, and I don't think the kind of limited AAs suited to outdoors would give enough show at JC's current speed; Jungle Book (except for Louie's monkey kingdom) doesn't lend itself to crowd scenes of the type that keep PotC interesting despite the speed. I can just see it, "Ahh, there's Baloo, relaxing in the water...yeah, there's still Baloo...okay, turn around and watch Baloo fade into the distance..." as we travel through what was once the hippo pool.

Now, if we're talking about a Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book overlay, instead of the Disney version, my answer is different...but I don't think we are.
    Last edited by EmeralineDragon; 11-08-2007 at 08:47 PM.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

If you want to bring people back, add the laundry list I posted. Add in the Monkeys, Tropical Birds, Snakes, moving Crocs, toss in the falling Spiders, move the Elephants to make it seem as if you are going through the Herd, flip the Baboons to the other side, add the drinking Giraffe as well as other African wildlife, put in the Maggie cracked in half, toss wreckage in the Hippo Pool, move some of the Native Ambush so you are attacked from both sides, Add the Mayan carvings and Jaguar... in short... Enhance the J.C., don't destroy it.

I would love to see the Jungle Cruise as a mysterious, potentially dangerous adventure traveling up some uncharted river in the African jungle. It needs to be more realistic, not the stupid farce that it is now.

I could see adding misters to simulate fog in some areas that the boat has to pass thru would add to the sense of mystery. How about some realistic animal noises coming from the jungle -- trumpeting elephants, howling monkeys -- that kind of thing.

A giant python slithering thru the water would be alot of fun!!

No Mayans or jaguars, though, should stick with the African theme.

• Mickey is not my Brother

why not travel through differnt jungle of the worlds

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by daisydog View Post
    No Mayans or jaguars, though, should stick with the African theme.
    Odd.... Tigers and Indian Elephants are not native to Africa, neither are the giant butterflies, water buffalo, anaconda, or piranhas. For that matter the current cobras, toucans and crocs represented are not African. Not to mention that those wonderful old world monkeys I kept fighting for aren't African. My point... they opened the door when they brought in the piranha and tossed in that stupid shrine! The piranha would make a great deal more sense with a reference to the Mayan culture, which would hint that you are in fact in South America. The major predator in South America is the jaguar which would be perfect on the left side of the river.

If you want to be extremely technical then the water buffalo don't belong next to the anaconda because they are technically Asian. Also the hornbill in the boathouse isn't a real species, neither are the spiders, and the butterfly are the wrong color to be the giant ones but who's counting .

While I would love for it to be more of a daring and dangerous journey my main reason for wanting more is simple. I want the J.C. to be a real 3-D jungle with life on all sides. I want the Skips to have more options, including the option not to joke if they want to and still be able to impress their crew. Under the current configuration it is possible, but more eye candy would be a tremendous help.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

I always thought we were touring the Jungles of the World because of the toucans, actually.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

You're right -- it's all mixed up.

I just meant that in my perfect Jungle Cruise it would be a strictly African adventure.

I think the biggest and easiest improvement would be to just change the spiel of the skippers.

However, if they could incorporate the mood of IJA into the JC I think it would be a very popular attraction. IJA really immerses you in adventure which is something the JC in sorely lacking at this point.

• "I Break Things"

You're right -- it's all mixed up.

I just meant that in my perfect Jungle Cruise it would be a strictly African adventure.
    Personal Preference... I like the "Jungles of the World" feel because there are a variety of exotic animals and you are not limited to a specific location.

I think the biggest and easiest improvement would be to just change the spiel of the skippers.
    There are several individuals on here who have a variety of names for me... let's say I have no mercy when it comes to the current crew. Part of this "attitude" is because the crew before them managed to make WDI concede some ground. WDI gave in and we ended up with the "submit a joke" program. Instead of the standard 40 or 50 page spiel the pages swelled to close to 80! We gave them MULTIPLE options, not 1 or 2, or even 5 or 6... some scenes had 10 or more options! We made sure that there was enough material to A. keep the Skips O.G. and out of trouble and B. keep the guests entertained with fresh material on every cruise. Then we tossed in the un-official new Survival Guide to make sure they had a few characters to use while experimenting with this new spiel.

So.... to leave and hear that the J.C. has reverted to a bunch of cookie cutter spiels said in a monotone voice was a bit hard for me to take!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011