View Poll Results: Jungle Book overlay to the Jungle Cruise?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do a temporary Jungle Boat overlay, for the 40th anniversary of the movie

17 17.00%
  • Make a permanent Jungle Book Cruise, replace and add to the animatronics with Jungle Book characters

7 7.00%
  • Replace and update some of the animatronics but keep the original storyline the same

36 36.00%
  • Theme it to the "Jungle Cruise Movie"

2 2.00%
  • Don't make any changes, I like it just fine.

47 47.00%
  • I'd rather see more walk-thrus, drain it and remove it, reuse the space for more adventures.

2 2.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Boogers are salty

Re: Jungle Book Cruise?

It would be even better if they replaced Sam with Tia Dalma, then at the end she can get all big, disappear and then nothing happens.

• "I Break Things"

Wow... wasted 5 minutes reading all of this.

Paris does not have a Jungle Cruise for a very simple reason. Water does this thing called "freeze" and that was specifically cited by Disney as to why France would not be a good enviroment to build an outdoor river based attraction. Personally I have never been there so I do not know what is and isn't there so you can save your breath... but that was the official response later included in the VMK tour.

As far as changing Jungle. I posted the majority of my enhancement concepts on here, some of it may actually happen. If you want a "Jungle Book" take out Aladdin and make a show there. Word on the street is they can't even keep track of their lamp...

Jungle is a classic, I say it because I've enjoyed it, and I say it as a Skip who lived it. Done properly it can be an amazing experience, done poorly can be downright painful. You were partially right about one thing. Officially the comedy started in 63, per the 55 crew the comedy started shortly after the summer of 55.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Wow... wasted 5 minutes reading all of this.

Paris does not have a Jungle Cruise for a very simple reason. Water does this thing called "freeze" and that was specifically cited by Disney as to why France would not be a good enviroment to build an outdoor river based attraction. Personally I have never been there so I do not know what is and isn't there so you can save your breath... but that was the official response later included in the VMK tour.
    The weather in Tokyo is similar to that found in Paris. Snow often powders Tokyo Disneyland. Water needs to be stagnant to freeze. Just keeping the water moving a little will keep the water from freezing. The only "official" explanation I have heard is the prominence of similar attractions across the continent.

I vote no. Don't mess with a near-perfect classic.

• Stop That!

Paris does not have a Jungle Cruise for a very simple reason. Water does this thing called "freeze" and that was specifically cited by Disney as to why France would not be a good enviroment to build an outdoor river based attraction.
    Except, of course, the Mark Twain/Rivers of America and Storybookland. But other than that, absolutely.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    Except, of course, the Mark Twain/Rivers of America and Storybookland. But other than that, absolutely.
    BoogaFrito: 1
    Techskip: 0

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Jungle Book Cruise?

Quote Originally Posted by scrappydawg View Post
    I vote no. Don't mess with a near-perfect classic.
    I added that option to the POLL above.

• Special Agent

While I appreciated Jungle Cruise as being a classic, and the most completely themed attraction in all of Disneydom, I have a really hard time getting in line for it whenever I'm in the park.

And that's even with a 5 minute line.

Is a great ride still great even if no one visits it?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    While I appreciated Jungle Cruise as being a classic, and the most completely themed attraction in all of Disneydom, I have a really hard time getting in line for it whenever I'm in the park.

And that's even with a 5 minute line.

Is a great ride still great even if no one visits it?
    No one ever wants to ride it with me, they say "YAWN no we've been on that before." They don't seem to say that to Pirates or Indiana Jones next door.

Pirates isn't a high speed adventure but the audio animatronics are better and it's got a lot more show to it.

• Senior Minion

There are rumours that Splash Mountain will soon be coming to DLP (that's right folks, they don't have Splash in France!).
    With the controversy surrounding Song of the South, I suggested that Splash be themed around the Jungle Book.
    A canoe ride through the key scenes of the movie before meeting Shere Kahn and the inevitable drop.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    There are rumours that Splash Mountain will soon be coming to DLP (that's right folks, they don't have Splash in France!).
    With the controversy surrounding Song of the South, I suggested that Splash be themed around the Jungle Book.
    A canoe ride through the key scenes of the movie before meeting Shere Kahn and the inevitable drop.

Can it have a loop?
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    BoogaFrito: 1
    Techskip: 0

Glad that everyone read the entire post! Also trying to remember the last time it snowed in the Jungle... not that that would in any way affect the theme.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    No one ever wants to ride it with me, they say "YAWN no we've been on that before." They don't seem to say that to Pirates or Indiana Jones next door.

Pirates isn't a high speed adventure but the audio animatronics are better and it's got a lot more show to it.
    I would venture to say that it is more of a reflection of bad Skips and less of a reflection of a bad ride. I also pose this question... IF they make a change and it's popularity wanes, then what? I offer Nemo and Rocket Rods as examples of what can happen with tampering.

• is too darn hot.

To put it as succinctly as possible, no.

To elaborate a bit, I think that's possibly the worst idea ever. It even trumps Light TrMagic.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Glad that everyone read the entire post! Also trying to remember the last time it snowed in the Jungle... not that that would in any way affect the theme.
    They also have a jungle in Adventureland in Paris, it just doesn't have a Jungle Cruise.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast