View Poll Results: Jungle Book overlay to the Jungle Cruise?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do a temporary Jungle Boat overlay, for the 40th anniversary of the movie

17 17.00%
  • Make a permanent Jungle Book Cruise, replace and add to the animatronics with Jungle Book characters

7 7.00%
  • Replace and update some of the animatronics but keep the original storyline the same

36 36.00%
  • Theme it to the "Jungle Cruise Movie"

2 2.00%
  • Don't make any changes, I like it just fine.

47 47.00%
  • I'd rather see more walk-thrus, drain it and remove it, reuse the space for more adventures.

2 2.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Jungle Book Cruise?

Well I think it's a good idea. I have no love for the JC and I never did. For one thing I can't stand the skippers. And second it's just boring. I actually went on it on my last visit so my daughter could see it.

Yep, still sucked.

I like to see change in the parks so I welcome the idea of Jungle Book incorporated in to this ride. As usual all the old timers hate the idea. What a shock!

I dont see any need to change anything on the Jungle Cruise ride. The best part of Disneyland for me are the slow moving rides that feature Animatronics. But thats the beauty of Disneyland, it feels like you stepped into another world.

• Second Star to the right.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead View Post
    As usual all the old timers hate the idea. What a shock!
    As some one who has been going to DL since 1958, I resemble that remark.
    Check out my flickr photos!

• Miss Marvel

I like to see change in the parks so I welcome the idea of Jungle Book incorporated in to this ride. As usual all the old timers hate the idea. What a shock!
    I'm 25. Not an old timer by a long shot. And I love me some classic Jungle Cruise.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• "I Break Things"

Well I think it's a good idea. I have no love for the JC and I never did. For one thing I can't stand the skippers. And second it's just boring. I actually went on it on my last visit so my daughter could see it.

Yep, still sucked.

Glad to see you rode with a completely open mind and no bias whatsoever. Personally I do not ride because I am EXTREMELY critical of the Skippers. I was one, so you might say I hold them to a much higher standard and take it rather personal when they don't meet that standard. Members of my old crew sailed past those standards but the majority of the new crew couldn't even get close! Sadly I know that even my crew was only a small part of the tradition and history of that attraction and there were far better crews before us. That said, really wish someone would teach the new crew how to be Skippers and get rid of that cookie cutter everyone does the same thing spiel! I HATE THAT!

My wife always bugs me about riding, and I generally refuse to ride. For the record I'm not old... not even 30! Read the Antics thread... you're not the only one who got bored once in a while!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirates Life For M View Post
    I dont see any need to change anything on the Jungle Cruise ride. The best part of Disneyland for me are the slow moving rides that feature Animatronics.
    Technically speaking, the ride would be just as slow and feature even better Animatronics under California Adventurer's proposal...

How about George Of The Jungle Cruise? WDI had plans for one, at one time. It is true.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    How about George Of The Jungle Cruise? WDI had plans for one, at one time. It is true.
    Yeah that didn't go over so well.

I was thinking about this whole thing though. IF they were to do a show, in Aladdin's Oasis, all they would need to change is the cave and the inside decor. They could easily add some vines to the outside, rough it up and repaint it, and make it into "ruins". IMO that would be an amazing show... most people don't remember Jungle Book's entire story, they remember Baloo and King Louie dancing around!

To tell you how I really feel about trying to make Jungle Cruise into Jungle Book... why not make Soarin' Over California into Tailspin? They're both about flying... you are already in a glider all you would need is a plane in front of you. You could even retheme the hanger and add a dock next to it. Think about it you could fly over Louie's place... fight Priates... sounds like so much fun doesn't it! Who cares that Soarin is original and not a copy of anything else, who cares about any semblance of theme, this is perfect... Not my style.
    Last edited by techskip; 09-25-2007 at 07:15 PM.

• Minion

This was one of my favorite, favorite, favorite rides as a kid, and I would do my own rendition of the spiel to anyone who would listen .

So, while I wouldn't mind a temporary Jungle Book overlay, I want this to stay The Jungle Cruise.

However, I would like to see some more plussed animatronics, particularly the ones with limited movement, like the tiger, the bull elephant, and his "mother-in-law".

Look at the liveliness of the elephant bathing pool scene - I'd like to see more like that.

Also, the (relatively) new piranha effect is great.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    To tell you how I really feel about trying to make Jungle Cruise into Jungle Book... why not make Soarin' Over California into Tailspin? They're both about flying... you are already in a glider all you would need is a plane in front of you. You could even retheme the hanger and add a dock next to it. Think about it you could fly over Louie's place... fight Priates... sounds like so much fun doesn't it! Who cares that Soarin is original and not a copy of anything else, who cares about any semblance of theme, this is perfect... Not my style.
    I wouldn't replace Soarin' Over California with that, but if it was in Toontown I would so totally ride it!

TaleSpin was even set in the 1930's (or thereabouts), just like Toontown! It all fits!

Too bad the show isn't more widely remembered . Not that that would matter if the ride was really great (see Splash Mountain) but Disney would never build it unless it was currently popular.

Hey - it does involve marketing's favorite word PIRATES! I say it's time for a TaleSpin revival!

• Stop That!

To tell you how I really feel about trying to make Jungle Cruise into Jungle Book... why not make Soarin' Over California into Tailspin? They're both about flying... you are already in a glider all you would need is a plane in front of you. You could even retheme the hanger and add a dock next to it.
    Well, that would be more theming than it has now...

• Rawr...

The Jungle cruise is an attraction that has lasted over FIFTY years. It may be getting stale and/or old to some of us, but jeez, we've rode the thing over and over either because we love it or because we're with people who havent seen it or dont get to see it as often. Every day people ride the Jungle Cruise and have never heard the jokes. They've never seen the "dated" animatronics. Its either a new and exciting experience or a trip down memory lane. If you don't like it, then dont ride it. Disneyland was not build to cater to everyones wants and needs. Just because you dont like it doesn't mean it needs to be removed or re-themed. The Jungle Cruise is dtill going strong.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Glad to see you rode with a completely open mind and no bias whatsoever. Personally I do not ride because I am EXTREMELY critical of the Skippers.... My wife always bugs me about riding, and I generally refuse to ride. For the record I'm not old... not even 30! Read the Antics thread... you're not the only one who got bored once in a while!

So you take the position that the ride was ONCE a great experience so it should not be changed, even though it's not as good as it used to be, and you don't like it in it's current condition.

That does make you fit the old timer category. There are quite a few MCers on here who don't visit the parks any more, don't climb trees any more, don't have kids or grandkids to take to the parks any more, but want to see the Swiss Family Treehouse brought back to Disneyland.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    That does make you fit the old timer category. There are quite a few MCers on here who don't visit the parks any more, don't climb trees any more, don't have kids or grandkids to take to the parks any more, but want to see the Swiss Family Treehouse brought back to Disneyland.
    Have 3 kids, love climbing the trees, Tarzan sucks... sorry. I am saying that I do not like the current CREW not that I do not like the current Attraction. The Skipper is 50% of the show... the current crew IMO needs life support... the Jungle itself is great, sure you can freshen it up but if you must point a finger and scream "Overhaul" then it should be pointed at the crew.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So you take the position that the ride was ONCE a great experience so it should not be changed, even though it's not as good as it used to be, and you don't like it in it's current condition.
    I guess you don't disagree with the above statement. That's not a good reason for not changing / updating something and making it more relevant, in my opinion. That's why we both voted differently in the above poll.

Anyways, I was just testing the waters... to see what others thought... not proposing something to the Disney Board for serious consideration. Don't take it too seriously folks.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast