• Banned User

Question What's with the covered track?? (Sub progress)

Take a look at MouseTimes new pictorial and see how are they are beginning to wrap the track and some of the left overs they have left out in the sub lagoon:

http://www.mousetimes.com/gallery/th....php?album=351

Kind of interesting...

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: What's with the covered track?? (Sub progress)

Okay I'm confused, wasn't space just opened for a bit for soft previews? it's not supposed to be still open... is it?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Who's your DaddyB?

You are confused. He's talking about the submarine lagoon and the submarine track, not Space Mountain.
    Last edited by daddyb; 07-14-2005 at 11:24 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Minion

/\ lol...My guess is their trying to conceal anything regarding the subs from people who take pictures of the empty lagoon and post it on the internet

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Yeah, we don't want people getting photos of it! LOL

• Who's your DaddyB?

I have no idea WHO you might be referring to!?

I was assuming that it's part of the construction for the animated portion of the Nemo overlay.

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Minion

/\ LOL daddyB...but love your pics that you post at Visions Fantastic...I have used many for my desktop! Thanks!

• Reaver of Souls

That looks like the acrylic animation boxes going in, covered in plastic wrap...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    You are confused. He's talking about the submaring lagoon and the submarine track, not Space Mountain.
    No there were pics of space aswell in there, and people lined up.. i thought it was just open for July 4th soft opening weeked... Why is it still open? That kind of ruins the official opening if it's been open all this time!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

OT - the new shades on Space Mountain actually blend in pretty well with the view of the mountain (see pic 57). I like

• Official Mice Chat person

wow, after looking at all those pictures of Tomorrowland, it seems to have more of a life now. Or is that just me?

Anyways, the covers on the sublagoon are interesting... Maybe they have something under them that they don't want to fry in the 100 degree weather? Most likely not. It's probably just there to hide stuff from people like us

• Who's your DaddyB?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    No there were pics of space aswell in there, and people lined up.. i thought it was just open for July 4th soft opening weeked... Why is it still open? That kind of ruins the official opening if it's been open all this time!
    I get it. You were posting about Space Mountain in a thread about the submarine lagoon... I didn't catch the left turn.

since we're O/T anyway, Space opened for soft previews on July 1st and has been open every day for soft previews since. Disney does this all the time with it's rides... how long was Buzz previewing for before it opened (and how long was that before it's official ceremony?)... how long was ToT's soft opening for? Bug's Land??? Be thankful they didn't charge $$ for a "pre-opening" event only to soft open it days earlier like they did with ToT!

• Tour Ready

They are probably going to sandblast the tracks to get years of rust and grime off them. The tents will protect the rockwork and contain the dust it will create.

• Banned User

They are covering it so they can weld. If guests looks at the person welding they can hurt their eyes. That is why they wear that mask when they weld. Since the monorail comes close they dont want people to sue them for that.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    I get it. You were posting about Space Mountain in a thread about the submarine lagoon... I didn't catch the left turn.

since we're O/T anyway, Space opened for soft previews on July 1st and has been open every day for soft previews since. Disney does this all the time with it's rides... how long was Buzz previewing for before it opened (and how long was that before it's official ceremony?)... how long was ToT's soft opening for? Bug's Land??? Be thankful they didn't charge $$ for a "pre-opening" event only to soft open it days earlier like they did with ToT!
    Nevertheless, there's lots of "space" in the Sub Lagoon presently. Since it is unclear whether we've been discussing Space Mountain or the Subs on this thread, perhaps TDI is equally confused. Maybe they will combine both future attractions into one, ie "The Rock It Subs". T minus 10 and counting...