Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Hayley B's Disneyland Trip Report (9/21)-(9/25)

Nice Pictures Haley, welcome back!!! I hope the other micechatters have a few pics of you to , I would love to put a face to the posts I can not wait to hear what your thoughs are on your trip and disneyland thank you for sharing.

i LOVED the second part of the report.

and you know, i really liked your pics of the parade. it was from a view we are not used to seeing, so that makes them special and unique.

glad to see you had a fabulous time.
    kingdom hearts <3er

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    Nice Pictures Haley, welcome back!!! I hope the other micechatters have a few pics of you to , I would love to put a face to the posts I can not wait to hear what your thoughs are on your trip and disneyland thank you for sharing.
    Hayley's picture is in Fishbulb's latest trip report.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Great pictures Hayley. I applaud you for getting pictures inside of Pinocchio. I never have any luck in there.
    Pop Century Resort

• Delawarean Girl

Thanks everyone for the very kind words. I am so happy you guys like my Trip Report.

Right now, I am trying to crack my knuckles for the summary. At this time also, I would like to mention that I made a thread about "Esmeralda's Prophecies'" . On there I am showing the cards that I got from Esmeralda at the Penny Arcade. I really enjoyed reading them and you can read the one s that I got if you like and you put any of yours in that thread too.

• Leaping Into The Abyss

Clap clap. Bravo. I laughed I cried I really enjoyed your pics. Thanks!
    Spyed the Black Pearl from Cabrillo Beach

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Hey, great pictures!

It was terrific to meet you on Sunday and I hope you can come back soon!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

YAY!!!!! Was great to finally meet you!! Glad you had a good time!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I really like your photos!!
    <3 Chloe

• Delawarean Girl

Now, Hayley B's summary BOOK about Disneyland. I am going to try to put this as day by day of what happened.

9/21: While getting ready to goto Disneyland and still in Delaware. I stayed up all night and tried not to goto sleep at all . Because I had to be ready for the shuttle to come get me at 4:30am and so, I had to get completely ready around 3am. While trying to stay awake, I spent my last moments chatting and giving my goodbyes at MiceChat and then watched the Beetlejuice movie to kill time and then around 4:00am I started walking out of my apartment to head for Disneyland.

The airplane ride took a couple of delays, but once we got up into the air. The hours flew by, thanks to my iPod.

I got around CA around 10am (there time) and I got to the Disneyland Hotel atleast around 11am to 12am. The registration at the hotel was a total difference compare to the registration with the hotels at WDW and honestly I like the WDW version of handling things when it comes to that. Just because I rather just be holding a card, then having to hold a bunch of little papers and getting something that looks like beetle pee stamped on my hand.

My Hotel was not ready yet. So, I got the people of the hotel to hold my stuff while I went out to Disneyland for the first time.

I went on the Monorail to Disneyland. I was like frozen with happiness with my first look at Disneyland and when I got off the Monorail and my first thoughts were I knew I would be a newbie to Disneyland but I didn't know how much of a newbie I would be at first. See, at WDW I like to say that I am a walking map. But with Disneyland, I needed a map. So, I looked around where ever I walked too. I first was trying to find The HUB and then headed down Main Street to get my name tag. Name Tag was not working at the time. So, I went to go enjoy myself in the meantime.

I first went on Mr.Toad's Wild Ride first. Since that was one of the first rides encorage me to try to come to Disneyland (especially when it was taken away in WDW). I enjoyed riding the Motorcar all again. Then I went off to It's a Small World and noticed how much things are so older then WDW. I loved the Holland scene the most when came to It's a Small World.

Next I went to goto the Haunted Mansion and saw that they had a long line. So, I got myself a fast pass. Then in the meantime, I went to the Tiki Room for the first time.

For the Tiki Room. I first love seeing the Tiki Gods and Goddesses (especially Koro). Then I enjoyed seeing the wonderful Tiki Room show and how truly goes (only knowing the new Management Version at the time). I enjoyed singing "Let's all sing like the birdies sing". I didn't know all of the words like the other people beside me, but I just love singing "Let's all sing like the birdies sing". Right away, I could understand very much, why people say the "New Management" version is horriable at WDW. Especially with that Iago. He kills it.

Then I went back see about getting a nametag again (since the cast member said to comeback around 15mins, the first time I went to try to get one). This cast member called another Cast Member that can make nametags to come over and then he did. He first asked me what I wanted to say on it. At first I was just going to go with Hayley. But I really wanted to say Hayley B. But, I was saying just Hayley at first and then my tongue slipped out and said can you please add a B on it too? Then he just asked "For a last name?" and I was like yeah and was wondering if he could do that (I was noticing from the pictures they were only showing first names on nametags). But he looked at it like no, problem and just smallen the font and was able to put Hayley B on that name tag. I thanked him very much for it and told he made my first day here at Disneyland.

Then I went back to go claim my hotel room. When I claimed my hotel room. I dressed into what I really wanted to wear and I retouched some of my make-up and then I went back to go ride the Haunted Mansion for the first time.

I very much loved the Haunted Mansion. The Haunted Mansion ended up being the most I rode on at Disneyland in days to come. I loved the Nightmare Before Christmas theme. Of course I would had love to have seen the original Haunted Mansion DL version. But I was happy with the Nightmare Before Christmas theme, just the same.

Then, I went to go eat at Coca-Cola Corner. Sorry to say that, it doesn't beat Casey's Corner to me. Coca-Cola Corner was alright. Nothing really to complain about. I love Casey's at WDW, because the toppings are better and have better food to choose from and a great place to hangout while looking at the castle or waiting for a fireworks show and plus, I get to briefly see Peg Leg Pete at Casey's too.

Then I went on two rides that WDW don't have. Such as Pinocchio Daring Journey and Alice in Wonderland. I liked Alice in Wonderland. But I only rode it that onetime. As for Pinocchio Daring Journey, I love a little bit more. Monstro got a good laugh out of me when he popped out and I just adored the little clocks at the end.

Last thing, I did on this day at Disneyland. Was going to Mickey's Toontown and riding Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. I had to evacuate while on Toon Spin. But I was very close of getting to the near end. I stopped where Roger is giving you a portable hole.

9/22: <laughing right now. I only made it to day two, now >

First made sure, I got up by 7am. to head for Disneyland to go meet KC at the HUB.

I got tired of the camera that I brought along with me. So, I ended up throwing it away (it's alright was only a Wal-Mart cheap camera) and then I ended up buying throw aways. I wanted to make sure I took pictures on my trip. Then I re-took pictures of places and things that I tried to take before with the Wal-Mart one. Then around 8-9am, I sat around The HUB to wait for KC to show up. It started to rain. But I was still lasting with the rain until it was a bit harder and then I just ran walked under the castle, but I still had my eyes on The HUB to lookout for KC. Around 10am I started to give up and walked down Main Street USA and looked for anywhere that had breakfast. While walking down Main Street USA. Fishbulb comes right into my eyes for the first time. At first in my mind, I'm thinking 'is that really Fishbulb? Is it really him?' and then he kept looking at my MiceChat shirt and then he saw my nametag and said "Hayley B!" and then comfirmed to me that he was indeed Fishbulb. Quickly socializing with Fishbulb came Dusty. I was so excited in meeting both of them and was happy to be seeing Micechatters for the first time and then we discussed about the meets and I told that I will be showing up and I would meet them there and it's ended from there.

From there, I went to Tomorrowland and then I got myself a Astro Blaster fast pass and went to Tomorrowland Terrance to get something to eat. That is when I was semi-watching the Jedi Training show for the first time and being excited when Darth Vader shows up. Then I went into Innoventions for a little bit and then went to go ride Astro Blaster and Star Tours.

After Star Tours. I went to go try to ride POTC. But POTC closed around the time that I almost got to the boat. (kind of a goodthing now ) So, I turned around and went to the Haunted Mansion again.

The Haunted Mansion got me the most on my Disneyland trip. I think I rode it 6 times.

Then I was around New Orleans Square, where The Disney Gallery is. I was looking for just the Club 33 door and I just couldn't find it. (this becomes a duh moment in days to come )

Then I went back to ToonTown to fully ride Toon Spin. In which I did, this time.

Then while it was like 4pm at the time and I was thinking that I am going to do it (thinking about the Nemo Subs). I am ready to wait in a long line for the Nemo Subs. I waited for like a hour inline for the Nemo Subs. I got the "Seafarers" one and I sat right in the front of the sub and I took the very last seat next to the steps.

I ended this day eating at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. The best place I ate at Disneyland.

9/23: The big meet day!

I got really ready for the Sunday meet. I went to Steakhouse 55 to have breakfast. Again, Steakhouse 55 was a great place.

Went out to Disneyland and just rode a few rides and then around 11:45 or earlier, I started to sit around The HUB for the Meet. Rick was the first one to spot me out and to let me know that he was a micechatter. Then I was happy to know that there was truly going to be a meet coming around. Met with a bunch of Micechatters from left to right and I was happy to get all the time I could with that individual that came across me. Also happy for myself, that I didn't have the jitters at all the time I was with them. I tried to talk to everyone just like I was with them on the chat.

Then, we ate and headed off for POTC. I told Dusty while inline, that this is my first time on going on the Disneyland version of POTC. Then he just said back to me "that I am in for a treat'. I sat with Dusty in the very back of the POTC boat and while riding with Dusty he showed and told that was the Blue Bayou to my right. Then it started to get really dark and I can hear the belt getting tighten and then I just said something like 'oh-oh, is the waterfall coming up?' and then Dusty said something back like I will have to find that out for myself. It ended up being so. But what really became a surprise was the 2nd fall. I am so use to WDW verison (with only having one). I ended up loving the 2nd fall more. I thought the 2nd one was more wilder then the first.

Yes, I very much enjoyed my very first ride on DL's POTC, along with the MiceChatters.

Then I went off to goto the Single Riders Meet and then I talked and meet with people there.

We all decided to head for DCA. While walking with the MiceChatters, I was keeping my eyes on a couple of micechatters while we were trying to goto DCA (since I didn't know how to goto DCA yet). Then the MiceChatters broke up and then I ended up sitting at City Hall and being a little clueless as to why we were stopping here. Still was talking away with the MiceChatters at City Hall and I didn't question to what was going on. I was with Micechatters, that all that mattered I thought. Here is where Chris was nice to give me a prize of his and he said "welcome to CA" and I thought that was very nice of Chris to do and I thank you Chris, again that was very nice.

Then the Micechatters that were at City Hall went to DCA. We went to a restaurant where other Micechatters were having drinks and then I ment Fishbulb again. Fishbulb kindly gave me a fire ball jawbreaker and he tried to warn me about the fire ball jawbreaker and then I would say back that I am a strong girl and that I can take it. Only stupid thing I probably said to Fishbulb was when I asked if my teeth are red.

Then I think I met up with the Single Riders gang and I told them that I was sorry. I was trying to know where to goto DCA while trying to follow some MiceChatters and then they just broke up.

Then Fishbulb comes back and asks if I would like to go on some rides with them and then I said yes. How about "Soarin" ? Fishbulb said yes to that and that they love Soarin. Which was awesome. Because Soarin is a big favorite of mine and the ride I truly cared about at DCA. As I was started to walk out with Fishbulb's gang to Soarin. Mark shows up and yells out "Hayley?" and I turned right back to meet Mark for a little bit and then went back to Fishbulb's gang. We or I just ended up just learning Soarin stand-by time and then decided to go back to the other MiceChatters. Because I was there for the Micechatters and not for myself today.

When I got back, NNL asks if I would like to go on TOT and I said no and sorry I don't care for big pressure rides and I will gladly walk and talk with them and just sit while they go on TOT.

While going down the "Hollywood Studios?" We clanned with Fishbulb and the others again and then Fishbulb asks me if I would like to go on TOT and I had to say sorry no and then Fishbulb just hugged me and said goodbye from there.

But I still needed to hang with Mark. So, I came along and did what I said to NNL. By just sitting around TOT, while the others have fun on TOT.

Then when they got done with TOT. I asked if any of them would like to see the Muppet one. They all said together "no!" . I ended up seeing it with Mark. But if I knew it was going to be the same show from WDW. I wouldn't had bothered. I deserve that "no" actually.

Then Dusty letted me know that they were all going and then I told everyone goodbye and see you all on the chat.

Everyone left me, except for Mark. Mark and I hanged around DCA. Mark was telling me all that he could say about DCA and then later we went over to DL.

Me & Mark first went to the Main Street Cinema. Where I went Peg Leg Pete crazy. Pointing to Mark 'there's Pete. There's Pete there too. oh boy, I do hope that they show the Oswald shorts that have Peg Leg Pete in them on that Disney Treasure coming' stuff like that I said to Mark.

Then me & Mark went to the stand by line for the Haunted Mansion. While inline. Mark tells me the history of MiceChat and I talk to him about some of my "peeps" at MiceChat. While on the Haunted Mansion ride. Me & Mark, got the mystery present from OogieBoogie.

Then me & Mark walked out to wait for Fantasmic for a little bit. I kept looking at the time and thought we should do something to kill time and plus somewhere to go sit. So, I asked Mark if he wanted to goto the Tiki Room and then he just said "ok". When we got to go in the Tiki Room. I saw this adorable little baby girl with a cute Minnie Mouse outfit on and then I whispered to Mark, about that Minnie Mouse outfit is so cute. Then the Tiki show started and Mark gave a "aloha" that pleased the Tiki Gods very much.

I enjoyed singing "Let's all sing like the birdie's sing" once again. Then after the Tiki Show. The family with the baby that had the cute Minnie Mouse outfit was still there as me & Mark were starting to come out and then I thought to myself, that I just have to say this to the family's face and so, I told that family that I thought the Minnie Mouse outfit on her is so adorable and then they just said thank you and I just said your welcome back.

Then me & Mark went to wait for Fantasmic for real this time. We stand around the control area and had a good sight in seeing the Fantasmic show. I thought DL's Fantasmic was a great show and I happy to see it live for the first time and to see Clarabelle Cow in the end of the Mark Twain boat.

After Fantasmic, is when I had to say goodbye to Mark. Sad to leave the wonderful day/night time we had hanging with each other. But I just had to make sure I caught the Monorail to go back to the Disneyland Hotel. I wished Mark goodnight and thanks for hanging around with me.

9/24: Starting to say goodbye to Disneyland

I slept. I slept good. Oh, boy did I ever slept. I woke up later then I normally did while there. You would have thought I turned Californian. (Love you, Californians by the way. oh, if only I could be just like you)

I ate at Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast. I shouldn't had, knowing that there were going to be characters there. I just wasn't so peppy for it, just yet. But I tried to be altogether when the characters came by though. Goofy passed by me and I just waved and just gave him this ugly hello (my voice pipes were just so weak was all).I said sorry to Goofy and All the counts of me trying to wake up, and Goofy just blew me a kiss.

Went to Disneyland and was first aiming to find the Club 33 door (Mark told where it was that night). But I noticed the line from POTC was awesome. So, I just gave one more ride to POTC and I sat in the very end of the boat once again. This time, I very much looked forward to the 2nd fall.

Then, after POTC. I continue to look for the Club 33 door and then I went by what Mark told me and I quickly found it and when I found it came of course the 'DUH!' moment for me. I know I passed it manys of times and nevered came within my two eyes during all that time.

After finding the Club 33 door, I went off to say goodbye to my favorite rides. Starting with the Haunted Mansion. Then I said Goodbye to Mr.Toad's Wild Ride and It's a Small World. Then I went to DCA only a little bit, just to finally ride Soarin (I got into Soarin without a problem at all this time. I didn't even need a fast pass. I just walked right in).

Then I cameback from DCA, to say goodbye to Peg Leg Pete at the Cinema and the Tiki Room. Then I ate a Turkey Leg and later got some Dole Whip. While I was inline for Dole Whip, I was looking at a totem pole and I noticed Koro is there again. Has anyone here ever noticed that? Notice that Koro is around this totem pole near where they sell Dole whip?

Then I went shopping. I only bought a red Disneyland shirt, with Mickey on it. I kind of wanted the pink one. But it had Tinker Bell on it and I kept thinking, Tinker Bell is cute. But I love Mickey Mouse more. So, I went with the red shirt.

Then, I said goodbye to Disneyland for the last time.

9/25: Going back to Delaware

LAX to Chicago wasn't really a problem. But Chicago to Philadelphia had too many delays. There were too many thunderstorms for one. So, I waited for hours in Chicago.

Still had my iPod to make the trip awesome and I got to Philadelphia around 1:40am and I got back to Delaware around 2-3am.

The driver of the shuttle welcomed me back to my state and I thanked him for it.

The End

-Hayley B.

I do hope you had enjoyed my now new book about Disneyland. It took me many hours to think and type this all up and now my eyes are so heavy to proof read it now. So, hopefully everything is ok. I'll try to proof read it later.

I wanted add my suggestion to other eastern folks that have nevered been to Disneyland. But I can type that up, another day in here.

Edited: (9/28) I have now just proof read my summary/book. So hopefully everything makes sense now.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 09-28-2007 at 01:20 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Hayley, I am SO SORRY you lost you on the way to DCA!! I didn't even realize who was with us until it was too late. It was such a disorganized day!
    but hooray that someone was NICE enough to give you a dream FP!
    Thanks for sharing your DL impressions. I hope you get to come back here someday!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Great job, Hayley B.

I never actually got to hang out with Dusty and Fishbulb. I met them twice, but we went our separate ways after lunch.

It really sounds like you had a great first visit to Disneyland. I didn't know that you were staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I am sure that was special.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Impressive Hayley. It's always so great to see Disneyland through the eyes (or typing) of someone who hasn't been there before. I'm glad Disney and MiceChat met or exceeded your expectations. I know I adore both and I'm glad everything worked out for you. You are welcome in CA anytime!

Chad

• i need Disneyland!

thank you sharing your pictures! they were awesome!!!
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

• Senior Minion

Great pictures Hayley! It was great seeing you at the meet, and hopefully you will come back again to visit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast