Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

This is for people who HAVEN"T won a 'dream'

...Although I know people who have won something will post and gloat.

Anyway, those of you who have gone to a Disney Park and haven't won anything, doesn't it just make you angry everytime you go and you see dozens of people with the "dream fastpass" and it makes you just want to go to one of them and say, "Let someone else have it for once!" and then take it? This makes me sound like an obsessive, but it's like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, you want it so much, but only so many people get it and the other million people in the park don't. I can probably care less about the dream ears, because, let's face it, the ears are not gonna get us on the rides faster or get us great seats for some of the nighttime shows. It's the fastpasses and/or Mickey Penthouse we want.

I go to the parks quite often alone. I find it kind of dumb and somewhat stereotypical that they almost always give the prizes to families, and more often families of 3 or more.

That's my rant, but it's for the people who haven't won anything yet. I can't be the only one who get's jealous, resentful, and and angry everytime I see another family of 15 get fastpasses, ears, etc; especially those of us who've known about this promotion since before it began.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: This is for people who HAVEN"T won a 'dream'

I know, it sucks!! The only thing that I hate is b=people who flaunt it thinking that they are so special.

I just guess, you have to be at the right place, at the right time. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes, you're not!!

• Minion

I actually wondered what the dream fast passes were until I got one. I knew of them, just didn't know what they looked like. Honestly I don't think most people who win even know about the event until they get to the park.

When my friend and I got passes as we came off Pirates, we had friends who were running really late. We decided to give our fastpasses to our friends who were late so they could ride all the top rides even though they came later and missed just about the entire day.

• Fancy that...

yeah, ive won a lanyard(sp) and that was cool but i'll be glad when this celebracion ends. It's just kind of annoying because I always notice the stupid ads and most other normal guests don't have a clue about it. 2009 will be a nice year

• Cherry Tart

Actually no, I don't get jealous at all. In fact I don't really care. Winning a prize in this thing is not my objective when I go to the park.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by cdkihano View Post
    I actually wondered what the dream fast passes were until I got one. I knew of them, just didn't know what they looked like. Honestly I don't think most people who win even know about the event until they get to the park.
    It seems like even people who win still don't even know what they won after they won it...

I have seen loads of families, though, walking around with Dream FastPasses hanging proudly around their necks. What's interesting, though, is that rarely are the FastPass tabs used -- people simply aren't using them - and this isn't just during the off-season, either. I've noticed this during peak summer days.

People just don't seem to be using their Fastpasses. I don't know why. It boggles my mind.

I've also witnessed scenarios where people are unaware that their Dream Fastpass allows them to enter BOTH parks, even if they only have a 1-park ticket. I saw this happen to a couple last weekend who met up with friends who had ParkHoppers. The couple didn't have ParkHoppers, so they were going to go upgrade so they could go into DCA with their friends.. But they didn't need to cause they had Dream Fastpasses.

Apparently, this prize isn't being explained to people well enough...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Eeyore Jr.

I am confused as to why you would want to say "let someone else win something for once", when you don't know whether that is the first time they have won anything. Now, if someone told me they had won 3-4 times in the same trip, or something like that, I might be inclined to say something like that, but otherwise, I'd be more inclined to ask "where did you get those, and are they still giving them out."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Fishbulb and I have been to the parks over a hundred times (WDW and DL) since the Years of a million+ Dreams started. We've never won anything. But we have lots of friends with families (good looking people with kids) who have won multiple times.

I'm sure that Disney isn't discriminating against us, but it does seem strange when I see the same people winning over and over again and we never do.

Overall, I think the Year of a Million Dreams is a poor campaign - hard for guests to understand and just increases the level of inequality at the parks. With special treatment for people with Fastpass, People with Dreams, People with tour guides, Disneyland is becoming increasingly less equal for all. At least that is the way they are making it seem for the thousands of people who come to the parks every day who don't know how to work the system or who don't win a dream.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 09-26-2007 at 09:52 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• i need Disneyland!

I agree with MasterGracey! When I last went to the parks, during the spring time, there were manyyyyy people with Dream Fast Passes, and they looked like they havent' even used a single one! I do think it's mainly because people don't know what they are. BTW, do the CMs even tell the people who've won what/how/where/when they can use these fastpasses??
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

• Future Imagineer!!

Grrrrr it does make me mad.....cept then my best friend ashley got the dream fastpasses with her family....but they were also like a family or 10 or something.....grrrrrr

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by rurounikengyrl View Post
    I agree with MasterGracey! When I last went to the parks, during the spring time, there were manyyyyy people with Dream Fast Passes, and they looked like they havent' even used a single one! I do think it's mainly because people don't know what they are. BTW, do the CMs even tell the people who've won what/how/where/when they can use these fastpasses??
    I've won Dream FastPasses before... the CMs asked me if I knew about the YOAMD and I said "yes" and they asked if I knew what the Dream FastPass was and I sort of played dumb and they very quickly explained that it would get me on the rides on the tabs. The CM asked me if I had admission to both parks and I said yes, and she said okay then.

I think they try to explain it, but a lot of the time people are too busy getting whatever the CMs are handing out that they don't pay attention to what is really going on and don't hear the CM spiel about the YOAMD and what the prize is.

So is it the CMs fault that people don't know? I don't think so.

Is the promotion at fault for not being clear enough? I don't know. It seems like it must be if people aren't understanding it still and its been about a year since it began.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

I still have most of the tabs on my dream fast pass. We really only hit the major attractions that we didn't feel like waiting in line for. Actually I still have my Indiana Jones tab <.<

• =)

I've never won anything. I've witnessed the confusion, though.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMike View Post
    I am confused as to why you would want to say "let someone else win something for once", when you don't know whether that is the first time they have won anything. Now, if someone told me they had won 3-4 times in the same trip, or something like that, I might be inclined to say something like that, but otherwise, I'd be more inclined to ask "where did you get those, and are they still giving them out."
    Apparently, you don't know what sarcasm is. You think I'd actually go to someone, say that phrase, and take it from them? I'm not that desperate. I was making a joke, going up to someone I don't know, yelling at them for winning...haha, get it? Anyway, this promotion (The prizes, NOT the decorations-I actually like some of the decorations) drives me crazy especially 'cause I've known about it since well before the general public, have gone to Disneyland hundreds of times since they started and have yet to win SOMEthing, while everytime I do go, it's almost always a family of 4 or more, sometimes 3.

Just last week I was walking in Tomorrowland and a dream person was walking in my direction. I thought, 'maybe, just maybe, finally', and just before I walk by her, she turns to the left and walks to a family of 4 sitting on a bench in front of Innoventions. I don't know what they received, by I though, 'damn!' I wondered what if I had been sitting there? She probably would've kept walking.

Maybe when my family of 6 goes to Disney World this Christmas, we'll have a better chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    ...Although I know people who have won something will post and gloat.

Anyway, those of you who have gone to a Disney Park and haven't won anything, doesn't it just make you angry everytime you go and you see dozens of people with the "dream fastpass" and it makes you just want to go to one of them and say, "Let someone else have it for once!" and then take it? This makes me sound like an obsessive, but it's like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, you want it so much, but only so many people get it and the other million people in the park don't. I can probably care less about the dream ears, because, let's face it, the ears are not gonna get us on the rides faster or get us great seats for some of the nighttime shows. It's the fastpasses and/or Mickey Penthouse we want.

I go to the parks quite often alone. I find it kind of dumb and somewhat stereotypical that they almost always give the prizes to families, and more often families of 3 or more.

That's my rant, but it's for the people who haven't won anything yet. I can't be the only one who get's jealous, resentful, and and angry everytime I see another family of 15 get fastpasses, ears, etc; especially those of us who've known about this promotion since before it began.
    ::raises hand:: Yes, I too am a looser and yes, I get jealous too. I'd even be happy just winning the Dream Ears. Been sending in the postcards for a couple months now as well, but no luck.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast