Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

"Remember..." is ruining my Disneyland experience. Anyone else feel the same?

I go to DL a lot. I mean like, everyday. With or without my husband. (I only work part time so lots of times I just go after work for lunch or something.)

That being said...I think we're gonna have to STOP going for our nightly walks and ice cream / churro adventures.

"Remember..." is out of CONTROL.

CROWD control that is.

Last night was probably the worst I've ever seen it. The CM's were trying to do their best to control everybody and make the flow of traffic move in one direction. (Basically, up on side of Main Street, make a U turn in Tommorrowland, cross the Hub, go into Frontierland and make a U turn and then head back down the other side of Main Street.)

Well, FORGET IT.

O. MY. GAWD.

I swear to you guys, last night I saw AT LEAST 5 ANGRY MOTHERS YELLING AT THE TOP OF THIER LUNGS AT CM'S WHO WERE JUST TRYING TO GET THEM TO GO THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

It was un-freakin'-believable.

I swear they had at LEAST 70 CM's out, doing crowd control, and people STILL pushed and shoved and stopped in the walkway and yelled at each other, and ran over each other with strollers. It was so uncomfortable.

We couldn't even move at one point because the fireworks had started and people kept looking back, or stopping, or trying to get under the ropes where other people who had been waiting for hours were.

We basically spent about 40 minutes just walking down Main Street to get out of there.

I've never ran to the tram so fast in my LIFE.

Ugh.

I think I'm gonna wait to go back until Fall or something. When all the kids are back in school.

And the pyscho parents are gone.

• Where Schemes Come True!

Re: "Remember..." is ruining my Disneyland experience. Anyone else feel the same?

those are reasons why I feel that CM's should be able to use cattle prods...that would help...that and I HATE H-A-T-E strollers...sorry...I don't have kids...and I think they're a nuisance (strollers...not the kids...that's an entirely different debate)...
    Last edited by DiRTyBuNNy; 07-14-2005 at 08:07 AM. Reason: post clarification

• Minion

Sounds like oodles of fun, I wish I could see "Remember.." myself though, seriously.

• Just this guy......

Re: "Remember..." is ruining my Disneyland experience. Anyone else feel the same?

Should the show be renamed? "Remember the Crowds"?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I love the show, but I, too, feel that the crowd control situation is a joke. I understand it must be difficult to handle such an amazing amount of people in one place at one time, but GAH! It's nearly impossible to get anywhere in a timely manner during and immediately after the show.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Every canada day down here for the fireworks, you have to go over a tiny bridge above thise boat lock, most crowded thing evere, but no one ever pushes, so strange, people in the happiest place on earth, screaming and pushing, people at a lake on canada day trying to get home cause it's cold, friendly and perky! Lifes irony hit's us again!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

A question, does the crowd control mess get annoying if you frequent Disneyland? Or do you think it would it sour the experience of the random tourist, who only gets to visit every year or so?

• A Pirate's Life For Me

It sounds like a mess. We are going in a few weeks for four days. Aside from one evening dedicated to watching Remember, we want to avoid the snarl. So, based on everyone's experience with the 9:25 fireworks, that means avoiding Main Street from when to when?

And if want to sneak in to DL during this time from DCA, how feasible is it to get up to the DLRR and catch the train to NOS?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Folly
    A question, does the crowd control mess get annoying if you frequent Disneyland? Or do you think it would it sour the experience of the random tourist, who only gets to visit every year or so?
    I think it would be even worse if it was your first time at DL and you had no idea what to expect. As an APer, I usually know what areas to avoid and when to avoid them. A first timer may find themselves unpleasantly surprised to find themselves caught up in a slow moving mob situation where tempers run hot.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Reaver of Souls

I still don't like the show... Don't get me wrong, the pyrotechnics are good, but the soundrack is so uninspired. It's like having a fantastic movie with a score written by a high school student, and performed by the hich school marching band. It just ruins my enjoyment of the show. Maybe I'm just spoiled because their last few shows (especially the Christmas show) has such a fantastic soundtrack. But then you add the irate, rude, everything-should-be-for-me guests, and it makes me sorry I took the time to go to the park at all. It's sad, really. And there's nothing quite as magical and charming as walking down Main Street and being forced onto a little tiny sidewalk because there are hordes of people stitting, lounging, and laying in the hub and all down Main Street like a modern day Disney Woodstock. I'm just glad I live here, and have an AP, so I can just shake my head in disgust and leave. If I was visiting from out of town with kids and had to deal with that, I'd probably be irate, as well.

I've only been to WDW once, and I miss it more all the time. At least there you had room to breathe, and the guests were nicer...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Disney fans for life!

Yep, I TOTALLY agree. When we were there in early June we saw the show four nights in a row and each night got worse. That was the main reason that we cancelled our plans to be there for the 17th. We don't need that. We'll be back in Sept and at X-mas, when crowds SHOULD be lighter.

I cannot believe that the Fire Marshall has let it get so out of control. Unfortunately, I think that it is going to take something major to happen before someone wakes up and forces some changes. If there was a medical emergency in the middle of that crowd, the person is a gonner. There is no way that help can get there in time to do any good. I can just see the paramedics getting punched out by folks in the crowd because they are trying to get through to help someone...

The lawsuit would be huge (and justified), no matter how much "juice" Disney has with the court system.

As much as I hate to see it, they need more roped off walk-through areas and traffic breaks. Too many people in too small of an area.

They (Disney) have been warned...The writing is on the wall...

• Rock Star Minion

The crowds are above the critical mass for which no amount of control will be very efficient. I think they're doing the best they can under the circumstances.
    Quick tip: after leaving the park and getting past the security tent (near DTD), veer to the right side away from DTD. Trams are double-filling: one on DTD side, and one on the after-the-u-turn side.

It's no worse than getting out of a concert or ball game. Lots of people (or cars) in a small space.

Perhaps a public announcement following the fireworks would help:
    "Remain seated please...." (jk)
    Something about keeping to the right or left, stay off the sidewalks of Main Street, don't go running roughshod through the shops, etc. Nice leisurely pace everyone.

When you get to your car, a similar wait will be waiting you.

Either that, or don't hang around after fireworks. Get on the train, get off at Main Street, and leave during them. (Just like the ballgame, folks.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• șoș Tom șoș

To stroller comments: What happened to moms and dads carrying kids in the backpack type contraptions? Half of my childhood photos are me cruising through crowds on my dad's back, or my sister or my brother or my mom!

Maybe Disney should rent or advocate those backpacks! Make them comfy and easy to store on various rides and attractions? Just a thought I have been thinking about everytime the stroller issue resurfaces on here.

Is the Disneyland Railroad a viable alternative for exiting Disneyland?

The papoose idea sounds good. The parents have themselves to blame. Those who are using the umbrella-style strollers are always in a better mood.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast