Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Is it possible to view the fireworks from the train station?

I have never been to Disneyland, so I honestly do not know the logisitics of the place. Everytime I have been to Walt Disney World, I have always prefered viewing the fireworks from the train station platform. I have been wondering if this was possible at Disneyland?

Any and all comments welcome. I need to educate myself for my trip to Disneyland in 2 days.

• Disney fans for life!

Re: Is it possible to view the fireworks from the train station?

I'm sure someone with more insight than me will chime in, but for what it's worth...

You might be able to see the fireworks portion of the show from there, but the real show is the projections onto the Castle/Matterhorn and Tink flying through the air. Without those added items, the show isn't all that great. It's the whole package that makes it terrific.

Just my 2 cents worth...

• Senior Minion

You'll be able to see the fireworks fine, and in fact, you'll see some of the fireworks that are launched from the Main St buildings that you wouldn't otherwise notice from the Hub.

Yes, you won't see the projections against the Castle. You will see the ones on the Matterhorn.

You'll still see Tink pretty well, but she will (of course) be a bit smaller from that distance.

The last time I was there, they had roped off part of the platform for viewing--I don't know if it was some sort of VIP section or something, but it's not a bad, and certainly less crowded spot.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I've watched the fireworks from right in front of the castle and also at the train station. I enjoyed watching them from the spot in front of the castle much more because you see everything and everything is happening around you. It just seems much more magical and entertaining if you're seated in front of the castle.

However, this is not to say viewing from the train station is bad. You still see a majority of the show, and a couple of the projections that they duplicate of the Matterhorn are visible... But its definately not as enjoyable as watching from the hub in front of the castle.

Good luck! Its definately a show you don't want to miss - be sure you stake out a good spot for the show early! enjoy

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So basically, the best spot is nearest the hub. Thanks for the speedy answers. I am sure, because the castle at WDW is so much taller, that the viewing from their train station makes it much easier to see their Tinkerbell.

Thanks again. MiceChatters are so helpful.

Have to pack an extra dose of patience for the viewing of the fireworks, which ever evening we decide to see it.

• Baybeh!

Did it on May 5th and it was way cool. We were over the sea of people and the 1st ones out of the gate before the mass of humanity started moving.

• Scourge of the Seven Seas

The main advantage of watching the fireworks at the train station is that you avoid the crush of people in the hub. You also don't really need to stake out a spot an hour ahead of time like the people in the hub will. If you can manage to get a spot on the street between the hub and the castle, you will definitely enjoy an unforgettable fireworks show!

It is a little disappointing that the seating at the train station gets roped off for tour participants or other VIPs but that is the way it goes.

See you in the parks mateys!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Well tink doesn't really have much to do with the castle though.... She doesn't fly out of window like in WDW's MK...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

You CAN watch from the train station, but you SHOULDN'T, at least not for the first time. Ya gotta get right up there in the middle of everything to experience the in-the-round effect for this show.
    A signature should go here.

• Minion

yea, the train station is a great place to view the fireworks from . . . its not as congested as right in front of the castle, but you shoult still get there about 30/45 minutes before they start.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I like the train station too. Not as much as the hub, but I can't stand how crowded and pushy everyone is near the castle. You can also make a quick exit and get out of the park and to your car very quickly if you watch from the Town Square area.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am hoping that we will get to view the fireworks more than once. I was just curious about the view from the train station. Sleeping Beauty Castle is not as tall as Cinderella Castle, so the effect is probably a lot different involving seeing Tinkerbell's Flight. I understand that you need an unobstructed view, and with the Castle not being so tall, that is best accomplished as you get closer to the castle. Correct?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Well, when your close to the castle, the more things appear behind it, when your farther away, the more things look higher up.. i always found that funny. Your close, it's not as high, your father away, it's like high!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Basking in birthday love

The train station actually provides a better angle on the laser projections than the hub seating. The disadvantages already stated are very true, but there are a lot of advantages that might even outweigh those. You don't have to camp out for an hour (or more) for seats, you have immediate access to the exit or to the rest of the park after the show (as opposed to waiting until the crowds disperse enough to move), and you don't have rude people who stand at the front of the hub and refuse to sit, blocking the view of everyone behind them. (I've had this happen more than once.) True, you won't have as clear a view of the projections (though I think pretty much everything that's projected onto the castle is on the Matterhorn as well, which is a lot clearer from that far away), you'll lose out on the 360 effects, and the flag pole is kind of annoying. So it's really up to you to weigh the pros and cons of each spot and decide what's more important. Keep in mind that while you get the fullest experience at the front of the hub, it's still a very good show from anywhere. On May 5th, we saw it from Carnation Gardens, which has trees blocking the entire Toontown display, and we were blown away, and I had the time of my life watching the show while riding Big Thunder.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Fireworks are always different, depending on where you view them from. I am very happy that we may be able to view them several times. I am sure we will try to get close one night. I definitely want to try the further away view also. I don't like to compare, but I always preferred the further away view, when I watched the fireworks at WDW. When I am at Disneyland, I am hoping to see them more than once. Maybe on the anniversary we can view the fireworks and end a very long day, with the additional Fantasmic that they have added. Don't know if I will last that long, but I can sleep in, next day. On the 18th, we have penciled in a day at DCA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast