Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

One CARS Ride Rumor Too Many?

Recently, Al released the surprising news that a Test Track based attraction that is themed to CARS may well be on the horizon. The ride is being strongly considered for the DCA expansion into the Timon lot, and would be larger in scale than Pirates or Indy.

Matt Ouimet is said to love the concept so much that he will keep pushing for it regardless of how CARS does at the box office. Prior to this, another buzz about a CARS themed Autopia had been heavily circulated. Personally, I do not believe that the resort would build two large scale attractions with the same theme.

If the Test Track based ride is in, then I say the CARS Autopia is out. What do you think?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-14-2005 at 09:11 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: One CARS Ride Rumor Too Many?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that if the DCA Cars E-Ticket happens we won't see a Cars-themed Autopia, that would be kinda...lame.

Besides, the Autopia rumor wasn't thrown out by Al, was it? I think it was just somebody coming up with the idea on the net.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

I'd hope we don't get a Cars Autopia...that would be bad.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that if the DCA Cars E-Ticket happens we won't see a Cars-themed Autopia, that would be kinda...lame.

Besides, the Autopia rumor wasn't thrown out by Al, was it? I think it was just somebody coming up with the idea on the net.
    The Autopia rumor has been around for the past few months. I do not know it's source, but this was not one of Al's projections.

Judging by the reaction, most would be happy to see CARS die as a theme for the Autopia, including myself. Many just don't want another Pixar ride in Tomorrowland. We all have been left wondering what such an attraction would have to to with the world of the future.

A CARS Test Track based ride would probably increase interest in DCA quite a bit, and hopefully it would positively impact attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    I'd hope we don't get a Cars Autopia...that would be bad.
    Absolutely. The notion is beyond BAD...it's absolutely rediculous.

Would this get Chevron upset? Don't they sponsor the Autopia?
    Or do you think they would switch their sponsorship to the new attraction?

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Chevron's contract ends in a few years.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw8
    Would this get Chevron upset? Don't they sponsor the Autopia?
    Or do you think they would switch their sponsorship to the new attraction?
    No! While Chevron's contract is in effect, I do not think there is even a remote chance that the company would continue it's sponsorship. After al, it has invested heavily in their personality-injected Chevron Techron cars, including the marketing of little model cars at Chevron stations.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-14-2005 at 10:32 AM.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Chevron doesn't matter. Honda has become a big sponsor, and I'm sure they could foot much of the tab for this new ride. This ride shows much more promise than the Cars Autopia, so keep the Autopia as is (I like it the way it is now, though the queue could use some work). The Cars Test Track-style ride sounds like a lot of fun, exactly the type of big name attraction DCA needs badly, along with a new land and maybe a nice sit down restaurant. Make the new land kinda the beach culture area, with sports cars and such. I'd like to see a nice beach area at DCA...Paradise Pier doesn't do much for me from that perspective.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Baybeh!

I don't want either one.

• white and nerdy

A test trackish ride at DCA could very well be fantastic, Although it does require ALOT of space and resources. They change those tires on Test Track like what? every three days or something? and I think it also has one of the biggest break down rates of any ride.

I'm worried about this CARS movie. Although I do admit I was worried about Finding Nemo "Fish? Fish?! no one cares about fish!" So far, everything Pixar does turns to gold so I am giving them the benifit of the doubt here.

What the ride is based on is, I think, secondary to the design and theming of the ride. They could make a Test Trackish ride based off of Herbie Goes to Monte Calro and if it was done properly it would be the best ride there is.

Don't worry about how good the movie is, or if it is from pixar, or the fact that is is a movie in the first place. Worry about who makes the ride, how much funding it gets, how well themed it is, and what kind of story it tells.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    A test trackish ride at DCA could very well be fantastic, Although it does require ALOT of space and resources. They change those tires on Test Track like what? every three days or something? and I think it also has one of the biggest break down rates of any ride.

I'm worried about this CARS movie. Although I do admit I was worried about Finding Nemo "Fish? Fish?! no one cares about fish!" So far, everything Pixar does turns to gold so I am giving them the benifit of the doubt here.
    Every month.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Every month.
    ah, better than every three days. I like when I got stopped on one of the big loops and the kids in the car would pick up shredded pieces of tire for souviners.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Banned User

I personally would like the countdown to extinction more then this piece of junk. It is getting to the point where they should just call DCA Pixarland because it is out of control. What they do with each of these rides is admit that they have no imagination for theme anymore or story telling abilities. It just overall cheapens the Disney product.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee

What the ride is based on is, I think, secondary to the design and theming of the ride. They could make a Test Trackish ride based off of Herbie Goes to Monte Calro and if it was done properly it would be the best ride there is.

Don't worry about how good the movie is, or if it is from pixar, or the fact that is is a movie in the first place. Worry about who makes the ride, how much funding it gets, how well themed it is, and what kind of story it tells.
    As Disney is desparate to turn DCA around at this point, I am sure that Matt Ouimet's perseverance to bring the ride to DCA will ultimately pay off with a huge budget. The Nemo Subs project is an example of this. Plus, Eisner isn't going to be around to throw a wrench into things for much longer.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-14-2005 at 01:54 PM.

• Minion

DisneyFreak in regards to "countdown to extinction" are you referring to the ride at AK or literally making DCA extinct... I think both would work

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast