• Imaginative Possibilities

Question Attraction Additions

So theres much talk of New Attractions, what you all like to see as an addition to make an attraction better? Make it Longer? Certain Effects? Characters?
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Banned User

Re: Attraction Additions

How about a roof over the teacups?

• All You Need is Love!

^NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love our roofless teacups! Disneyland is the only one without a roof!
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    ^NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love our roofless teacups! Disneyland is the only one without a roof!
    Really? I had no idea! I love the open teacups too. Never knew any different.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'd love for an expansion of HM, BTMRR and Splash (esp. BTMRR. It just feels too short, IMO). Mmm... and the darkrides, although I know that probably won't happen, due to lack-of-space issues.

I think for HM, add rooms that were left out from concept drawings, like a trophy room, where the animal rugs and whatnot, are attacking the happy haunts present in the room. Maybe a kitchen scene.

BTMRR- lengthen the 3rd section, at the very least. It does so little, esp. compared to the first two sections. Maybe utilize the old MTTNW tunnels that are adjacent to the Mountain. ? IDK.

As far as Splash is concerned, I think we could use an expanded and extended Laughin' Place, and an entirely new scene featuring the song "Sooner or Later". I've even thought about enclosing the section of the ride after the final drop, before the Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah scene. Then, we could add some AAs, possibly of Brer Rabbit returning home, to the Briar Patch. One moment, we see him in danger by Brer Fox, and the next, he's safe at home. Ever wonder how he got there? Or how he got the ropes loosened?

My thoughts for the darkrides... make all of them have elevation changes, like in Pan and Alice. That really makes those two rides stand out from the rest. I guess it just adds another dimension to the ride (pun not intended). I think Alice could use a scene going through the White Rabbit's house, and showing something out of the Tweedle's stories (not just a painting on a short section of wall). Peter Pan could use a little more. Showcase the Indians more, perhaps? Include the "Following the Leader" scene and song? There's just so little in this ride, considering the 45 min. wait that usually accompanies it. Don't get me wrong- I do love Peter Pan. It's just a lot of waiting for a ride that feels really short. I don't feel that way with the other dark rides.

Perhaps, too, extending Gadget's Go Coaster? It's too short... perhaps demo Chip'n'Dale's treehouse and replace with an entrance to a show building, where we go through the Rescue Rangers' "hide-out"? Maybe bring in some other characters from the show, good and bad guys, to add more of a story to it? Heck- just give it a story!

IDK. Just my two cents, for now.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 09-28-2007 at 10:42 PM.

• I'm a fiddle player......

No Roof On Teacups!!!!!!!!!!!

• =)

I think for HM, add rooms that were left out from concept drawings, like a trophy room, where the animal rugs and whatnot, are attacking the happy haunts present in the room. Maybe a kitchen scene.
    Good luck finding room. :P That show building is packed with wall-to-wall show scenes and necessary backstage areas.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

I like our teacups. No roof.

It's nice to be outside and not like... well. Like the other Disney parks. Makes our park seem more special. Plus, it's SO pretty at night.

• Senior Minion

Re-theme SM with The Jungle Book
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Then, we could add some AAs, possibly of Brer Rabbit returning home, to the Briar Patch. One moment, we see him in danger by Brer Fox, and the next, he's safe at home. Ever wonder how he got there? Or how he got the ropes loosened?
    I always figured Brer Fox had just tossed him into the Briar Patch. The Briar Patch is his home... (Maybe they could install a frayed rope hanging from a thorn?)

What I'd like to see an update to the Jungle Cruise animatronics to make them more advanced. But with longer loops; rather than simply repeating the same motion over and over, it should be more like Pirates, where you can only catch a small part of any one show scene during a single ride. It would be nice to have more variety between jungle cruises...

• potterday.org

I'd love to see some updated effects for Space Mountain. And not in the half-hearted underwhelming manner of 'Rockin.' What I'd really love is if the entire room were filled with suspended stars like the scene in Peter Pan's Flying Adventure where one is hovering over Neverland. Instead of / or as a supplement to the projected stars on the walls and support beams, the projectors could be utilized more for swirling vortexes and meteors. Also, some of the more thrilling moments such as the gravity suspending drops could be contained within a darkened tunnel with led lights which move rapidly in the opposite direction of the cars, carefully timed to the riders' entrance, similar to the effect in the tunnel which decelerates the cars at the end of the ride.

I'm sure there are numerous people who would much prefer the traditional effects. But I think keeping this attraction state of the art wouldn't hurt.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Add TEA to the Teacups! There is nothing worse that swooshing about in a Teacup without any tea!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Good luck finding room. :P That show building is packed with wall-to-wall show scenes and necessary backstage areas.
    I know this. But, I can still dream, right??

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    I always figured Brer Fox had just tossed him into the Briar Patch. The Briar Patch is his home... (Maybe they could install a frayed rope hanging from a thorn?)
    This was more of a rhetorical question than anything. That whole area, though nice, could be plussed. So, I say: why not?