Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Some info from the Cast Portal about the 17th

Pumbaa opens at midnight.

Large-display Monitor Locations: IASW Mall, Tomorrowland, Central Plaza, Festival Arena, Town Square, Sunshine Plaza (Disney's California Adventure).

The following attractions will have a modified schedule July 17:
    Closed All Day: Main Street Vehicles
    Closed 9-10:30AM: Astro Orbitor, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, King Arthur Carrousel, Mark Twain Riverboat, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Peter Pan's Flight

Gifts:

Guests receive complimentary Golden Mouse Ears at every entrance point (including the Downtown Disney monorail station and Grand Californian Hotel entrance into Disney's California Adventure). A handstamp will be given along with these ears to mark who received and who did not.

Merchandise: Dated 50th Merchandise Available at: Festival Arena (two different LE pins only), Emporium, Disney Showcase, Bonanza Outfitters, Gag Factory, Star Trader.

Foods: Breakfast will be available at Blue Ribbon Bakery, Carnation Cafe, Plaza Inn, Club Buzz, Village Haus, Rancho del Zocalo, River Belle Terrace, Bengal Barbecue. "A Royal Disney Princess Breakfast" will be relocated to Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel July 17 only. "My Disneyland Birthday Party" will be relocated to the Big Thunder Ranch at 2 and 4:30pm July 17 only. Complimentary cupcakes will be available at the following locations (beginning with the lunch menu) while supplies last: DL: Blue Bayou, Blue Ribbon Bakery, Carnation Café, Club Buzz – Lightyear’s Above the Rest, French Market Restaurant, Hungry Bear Restaurant, Plaza Inn, Rancho del Zocalo, Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port, River Belle Terrace, Stage Door Café, Village Haus. DCA: Ariel’s Grotto, Burger Invasion, Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill, Pizza Oom Mow Mow, Taste Pilots’ Grill, Wine Country Trattoria, The Vineyard Room.

Disneyland receives its star on the Hollywood Walk of fame July 14, at 10:30AM. Space Mountain's opening ceremony is at 10AM July 15, while Turtle Talk's opening ceremony is 12PM that day. Space Mountain opens to guests on July 15 at 11AM, Turtle Talk at 2PM.

DCA's early morning opening has not been verified, and therefore was not included in the Special Edition Cast Member Reference Guide.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I Hug My Tapirs

Re: Some info from the Cast Portal about the 17th

Thanks for the heads-up! Good to hear a little more concrete info on what's going on.

...and I'm glad that tomorrow is payday, because I think I'm gonna be hitting up that dated merchandise!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Great info...thanks. Any word if they will be charging premium pass holders for parking in the Pumbaa lot?

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    Thanks for the heads-up! Good to hear a little more concrete info on what's going on.

...and I'm glad that tomorrow is payday, because I think I'm gonna be hitting up that dated merchandise!
    Amen to that. I'm desperately hoping for the check to clear before Sunday so I can actually afford all the fun shiny stuff.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

No but for delux passholders , along with so cal passes, can get a blockout day ticket at the booth which opens at 7:30 am, as long as they are still selling park tickets.
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Quote Originally Posted by brad73
    Great info...thanks. Any word if they will be charging premium pass holders for parking in the Pumbaa lot?
    The CM I just spoke too said that they may waive the $10, but to bring it just in case.

• Again! Again! Again!

Thanks for all the info DB. However, I'm still thinking that the best thing to do is ask Sat night or afternoon. A CM today said that the DCA line up was false and what's opening at 2 am is the Pumbaa lot. When we told her what we'd heard, she shook her head and said it wasn't. There are just too many contradicting things going on and I'm sure this can, and probably will, change by Sunday. But, hey, I'm still going even if I have to just sit outside security for a few hours.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• insufferable know-it-all

If the info's on MP and MA, then DL management KNOWS people will be showing up. That's my stance on it.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

If this DCA line up plan is all just a rumor, does that mean, start a good rumor, and tell enough people, and before you know it - it's not a rumor, but it is a fact?

Just wondering.

I just wish everyone has a fun time at the anniversary. No matter what time people show up, I am hoping that everyone is on their best behavior. Remember we all love Disneyland and this is our chance to show "the park"
    just how much it means to us.

I had it confirmed for me last night (by a good source) that DCA is opening at 3am, they will herd us in via the flood gates at 7am, and NOT to miss the 10am ceremony.

of course they could still change anything, but my bet is that they have not distributed this info to all the park CMs yet, in hopes of discouraging people from camping out, and therefore having a smaller crowd to deal with that early in the morning. They might continue to tell us it's not true, up until the point that they open DCA, just in hopes of pushing back the time that the park reaches capacity.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Is the Pumba lot the one by - let me rephrase - where is the Pumba lot? We are staying in the Residence Inn on Clementine. Is that the lot across from the Anaheim Garden walk wasteland? Are there plans to meet and walk to DCA if it is indeed open? Thanks for answering my newbie questions; we just don't want to miss out on anything.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So my 5 a.m. arrival time, is not a bad idea. I think, it is a better plan, to be ahead of most of the people, then behind them.

I also might be able to pick up some breakfast, once I am actually in the park.

It is nice to know about the screens. The teenager I am traveling with is interested in the special pin distributed with the coupon at Frontierland. We will probably head there first.

I am sure I will remember this experience forever.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    Is the Pumba lot the one by - let me rephrase - where is the Pumba lot? We are staying in the Residence Inn on Clementine. Is that the lot across from the Anaheim Garden walk wasteland? Are there plans to meet and walk to DCA if it is indeed open? Thanks for answering my newbie questions; we just don't want to miss out on anything.
    Yes, Pummba is the lot on Disney Wat east of Harbor, on the North side. And yes the south side of DIsney Way is the future Anaheim GardenWalk.

They do not offer tram service from Pummba, so you will need to walk.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Yes, Pummba is the lot on Disney Wat east of Harbor, on the North side. And yes the south side of DIsney Way is the future Anaheim GardenWalk.

They do not offer tram service from Pummba, so you will need to walk.
    Thanks for the information. Since we are going to be in the park till closing on Saturday, we may walk to Dennys and then hang out wherever they will let us until whatever time they let us in.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Man! i really wish I can go on the 17th!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast