Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 73
  1. #16

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,619

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    What an idiot - good lord if his claim was true Disney would be beating up thousands of people a day.

    Sounds like a case of a customer potentially getting caught up in something incorrectly - and instead of cooperating getting frisky or combative.

    Number one rule - never argue or fight cops. You will lose every time. Maybe you go back and claim its abuse or discrimination afterwards - but most can be avoided.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  2. #17

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,357

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    Head still ringing from all the yelling earlier... I'm, white, blue eyes, 6'4, 220lbs and usually have a shaved head (0'd not bic'd) easier on the haircuts to just buzz it myself. My point is that I make people nervous ALL THE TIME. To top this off I am also a former Marine. This incident could easily have gone either way. It has been my experience that even if a person in authority does not like you, they will respect you, if you respect them. If it was a misunderstanding, and you were cooperative and respectful, they generally apologize for the incident. I've had my share of run-ins.

    I am slightly surprised that they were "forced against a wall and searched" in a very open public place. From what I know Disney doesn't like to air it's laundry in that fashion. That's not to say it can't or doesn't happen it just surprises me. Disney security keeps a close eye on those guests that have had a run in with security... especially if PD was called, to be followed by plain clothes or "fox" as they are referred to is not really a shocker. Bottom line security and PD are used to dealing with shoplifters, gang bangers (yes even they go on vacation) and drunks. They take all threats, or perceived threats, seriously.

    I for one was not there and have no clue what happened.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  3. #18

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,649

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    But still no one deserves to be treated that way.

  4. #19

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by rex22 View Post
    But still no one deserves to be treated that way.
    yes, some people do deserve to be treated that way.

    The determination should not be race or sexual orientation, but rather how they choose to behave and their actions when confronted by security or police.

  5. #20

    • Sea Creature
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    I really can't form an opinion. I would have to see this for myself.

  6. #21

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejake01 View Post
    Disney is one of the most "gay" firendly companies in the world. I would bet dimes to dollars that this incident had NOTHING to do with the fact that the guest was gay. It was a misunderstanding I am sure, and an apology is due, but there is no reason to bring sexuality into this. By doing so the party in question is setting the movement back several years. I don't understand how an individual can claim they are just like everyone else, and then jump up and down and throw a fit when something happens that could have happened to anyone else, claiming it's because they are different. It doesn't sit right with me. And just in case it comes up, I am a memeber of the GLBT community and I am almost disgusted that they are turning that into a "gay" issue.
    Although some like to think that Disneyland is a gay friendly community, it isn't. Having worked there and seen first hand, you have many homophobic cast members, who target gays, and say awful things to them.
    Jeff Wayne







  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    942

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    There's so much about this that we don't know, and we'll never know. There is a second side to this story; Disneyland Security and the Anaheim Police Department.

    Something seems very fishy to me on this one, and I doubt the Guest is completely blameless and a perfect little angel here. I would love to know the other half of the story, and what exactly this Guest did to warrant the attention of multiple security officers and the police in the middle of Downtown Disney.

  8. #23

    • Adventurer Slash Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    900

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    Your right. People of today have no respect. To anyone.

    Those people, though, are going to regret it. This man probably didn't cooperate (I doubt, even if provoked, that Disney officers would behave in this way. I mean, it could happen, but I doubt that. Especially in public like that, I think they woulda taken it backstage) But that's just my opinion.

    I don't know what happened.

    And at least Disney is apologising.

  9. #24

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,357

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Although some like to think that Disneyland is a gay friendly community, it isn't. Having worked there and seen first hand, you have many homophobic cast members, who target gays, and say awful things to them.
    You must also look at the flip side of this coin as well. There are CM's, and individuals, who chose to flaunt their sexuality. There have been many cases where individuals have picked a fight with fellow CM's and then pulled the "I'm the poor gay guy" routine to management when called in the office for starting the fight! This is not everyone so please do not misunderstand me. I never really cared if a CM was gay or straight. I've been hit on before, and I took it as a compliment. I explained my orientation, and that was that (he was embarassed, but I've also hit on a lesbian by accident and that really made him laugh!).

    I have a wide variety of friends, Straight, Bi, Gay, Black, Latino, Asian, White, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Christian... I see people for who they are as a person, not for who they love, what their ethnicity is or who they pray to.

    I've also served with individuals, in combat no less, and later they "came out"... that was a shock. The truth is their sexuality didn't matter, they saved my A$$ out there... who cares if they were looking at it or not (and yes I did crack that joke with them and they laughed pretty hard).

    I enjoy life, I've been to several Muslim prayer services, chatted extensively with an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi, enjoyed a Hindu blessing and a Buddhist ritual. I am fascinated by life, and how complex it really is.

    That said, if it is a legit hate crime bring it up with management and the aggressors should be held responsible. If the CM in question started the fight, or if the fight had nothing to do with sexuality, and the CM played the victim "I'm gay" card then they should be held responsible in turn.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  10. #25

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
    I think this guy is making a big deal out of himself being gay, so he can come back and sue Disney. Other people do it all the time on the basis of race...Disney did (blank) because I'm (blank) Never mind the guy was probably uncooperative and and acting like a jerk, suddenly it's ok because you are a member of some minortiy group. It's all rubbish in my opinion.
    In this case I actually agree with you

  11. #26

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    You must also look at the flip side of this coin as well. There are CM's, and individuals, who chose to flaunt their sexuality. There have been many cases where individuals have picked a fight with fellow CM's and then pulled the "I'm the poor gay guy" routine to management when called in the office for starting the fight! This is not everyone so please do not misunderstand me. I never really cared if a CM was gay or straight. I've been hit on before, and I took it as a compliment. I explained my orientation, and that was that (he was embarassed, but I've also hit on a lesbian by accident and that really made him laugh!).

    I have a wide variety of friends, Straight, Bi, Gay, Black, Latino, Asian, White, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Christian... I see people for who they are as a person, not for who they love, what their ethnicity is or who they pray to.

    I've also served with individuals, in combat no less, and later they "came out"... that was a shock. The truth is their sexuality didn't matter, they saved my A$$ out there... who cares if they were looking at it or not (and yes I did crack that joke with them and they laughed pretty hard).

    I enjoy life, I've been to several Muslim prayer services, chatted extensively with an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi, enjoyed a Hindu blessing and a Buddhist ritual. I am fascinated by life, and how complex it really is.

    That said, if it is a legit hate crime bring it up with management and the aggressors should be held responsible. If the CM in question started the fight, or if the fight had nothing to do with sexuality, and the CM played the victim "I'm gay" card then they should be held responsible in turn.
    No I totally agree with you, if someone is flaunting it and then using it as an excuse then thats not right. But the only things that I have actually seen are terms being used, and things being put into luckers such as your gay and going to hell.
    Jeff Wayne







  12. #27

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, California, United States
    Posts
    667

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I have actually seen are terms being used, and things being put into lockers such as your gay and going to hell.
    I have seen that happen and have heard remarks from other CM's as well... it's very sad. The company itself might be open and accepting, but the other CM's you actually work with won't be.

    Disney is like one giant high school. I'm so thankful the company I work for now doesn't let that crap go on.
    -Wes

  13. #28

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,649

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    This is just like wrongfully accused.






    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    yes, some people do deserve to be treated that way.

    The determination should not be race or sexual orientation, but rather how they choose to behave and their actions when confronted by security or police.

  14. #29

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,649

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    I do hope that staff member gets punish though for a wrongful accusation.

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    167

    Re: An Antigay Incident at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    I have seen that happen and have heard remarks from other CM's as well... it's very sad. The company itself might be open and accepting, but the other CM's you actually work with won't be.

    Disney is like one giant high school. I'm so thankful the company I work for now doesn't let that crap go on.
    You will find jerks in most any business.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disney issues apology for antigay incident at Disneyland
    By Dustysage in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 10:38 PM
  2. Disneyland Tram Incident Leaves Two Guests Hospitalized
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 06:22 PM
  3. 47 years ago today at Disneyland - International Incident
    By RobotMirror in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 01:47 PM
  4. Incident At Disneyland!!
    By Robbguy in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 09:46 PM
  5. Cameraman charged after Disneyland incident
    By Disnerd in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 08:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •