Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disney fans for life!

Re: Have you been since the golden treatment?

We were thrilled when our kids got to ride in the gold Dumbo. Then they tried to ride in all of the golden vehicles. They got their wishes...

We have been there on two separate trips so far with the gold and we like it. It will be a shame to go back to normal...

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan
    It will be a shame to go back to normal...
    I'm afraid I'll feel the same way.

I'm the kind of person who wants IASW to be decorated for Christmas year-round. Also, I looove Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion almost more than the HM. Which I KNOW is sacriligious, but it's how I feel!!

Too much of a good thing is still too much, I have to remember that. But it sounds like the changes are phenomenal....thank you for not giving away any secrets and details, everyone!!! I could just see someone slipping in a picture and blowing it for me.

• The one, the only...

Gold paint did sound tacky to me, but after I saw it, I liked it. I think that the 50th celebration goes on for so long, we will grow tired of it.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Basking in birthday love

I saw the castle at the end of March, with the colors but not the gold touches, and I was blown away with how amazing it looked, especially at night. Seeing it on May 5th made me think of the first time I went since moving to California last August, when the entire thing was under a big blue tent. A day at Disneyland just isn't the same without the castle, and it looks AMAZING now.

I've ridden the gold teacup, but that's it. I think the next time I ride the Jungle Cruise, I'm just going to ask to wait until the gold boat comes around to ride it. Which other rides have operating gold vehicles? (I know Peter Pan doesn't...)

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

We were there on may 3-5, and it Looks VERY nice.... We will likely return sometime in '06 while it is still up.

What makes it really Special is that it isn't permanent.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Again! Again! Again!

It looks great! You will especially love the color change in Tomorrowland!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• white and nerdy

I like the golden treatment and all, but I'm just happy that it is all looking so good. Fantasyland is looking better than I can remember. Everything is just neat and pretty.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• CM for 4 years!

I've only ridden one golden vehicle-- on Jungle Cruise!! And I've ridden the Congo Queen about three times now.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan
    We were thrilled when our kids got to ride in the gold Dumbo. Then they tried to ride in all of the golden vehicles. They got their wishes...

We have been there on two separate trips so far with the gold and we like it. It will be a shame to go back to normal...
    Do children ( and Adults too ) cause any problems, wanting to ride the Golden Dumbo? I can just see a mad dash, and little ones getting knocked over for the race to the elephant painted Gold. I have been curious about this for some time. I want to get a picture in the Gold Dumbo. I understand that there is a stationery one, next to that ride. Well tomorrow, I will be there and I can find out "first hand".
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Hooterville, USA

The gold is ok. The picture collages are better.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

We were there last about two weeks after the gold paint started being applied. It was cool to see, not to mention all the rehab work that had been done to get the park ready for the 50th. My 4 yr old daughter got her Golden Ears with her name stitched by hand, soon to be a thing of the past.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• Minion

Went on 7/9 and was impressed on how nice the park looks with all the new paint and 50th decorations

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Do children ( and Adults too ) cause any problems, wanting to ride the Golden Dumbo? I can just see a mad dash, and little ones getting knocked over for the race to the elephant painted Gold. I have been curious about this for some time. I want to get a picture in the Gold Dumbo. I understand that there is a stationery one, next to that ride. Well tomorrow, I will be there and I can find out "first hand".
    When we were there in May, I didn't see any of this, but I didn't see everything. I'm not sure that the "golden vehicle" holds quite the mystique for the average guest as it might for one of us fanatics. (I'll admit, I did try to make a beeline for both the golden teacup and the golden horse on the carousel only to be foiled by faster or more focused guests, but c'est la vie. Each golden ride attraction has a stationary display for photos... except, of course things like Jungle Cruise and Mark Twain.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Oddly, for me, I like the gold. Also, as someone else stated, the photo collages rock. Especially the Steamboat Willie made of faces made of faces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12