Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Welcome To My Nightmare

Re: if you love disneyland so much?!?

I've been going to Disneyland since 1957. Although I often get nostalgic for the things that are gone (thank goodness for Yesterland where I can visit them virtually) I've come to realise that change is often good and necessary. As someone already noted, most people probably wouldn't want to go back to the old Fantasyland.

So yes, I miss Adventure Thru Inner Space , but that doesn't mean I don't love Star Tours.

The orginal Dumbo was nice. The present one is prettier.

I haven't liked or agreed with all the changes made to Disneyland, but I know from many decades of observation that without change it would become stagnant and die.

An analogy that might help : I love , appreciate, and am grateful for my children. But I wouldn't want them to remain unchanging.

• Banned User

Personally, I don't like the threads pointing out chipping paint, etc. It's just silly. I've been going to DL since 1967 and have seen a LOT of changes. Some for the better, some for the worse. It's just life.

• Welcome To My Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    Disappointing.

From the subject line of the OP I though the text was going to be "WHY DON'T YOU MARRY IT?"
    HeeHee, that was what popped into my head first as well.

• Future Imagineer!!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Personally, I don't like the threads pointing out chipping paint, etc. It's just silly. I've been going to DL since 1967 and have seen a LOT of changes. Some for the better, some for the worse. It's just life.

I really dont like the ones pointing out peeling paint either.....DL may be my favorite place in the world but that doesnt mean i think it can somehow define all laws of nature by never having chipped paint here and there....same with DCA....i really like it despite all the negative things people say about it....

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
    I really dont like the ones pointing out peeling paint either.....DL may be my favorite place in the world but that doesnt mean i think it can somehow define all laws of nature by never having chipped paint here and there....same with DCA....i really like it despite all the negative things people say about it....
    High five! I like DCA too. I think it's fun and I enjoy going over there. Not as much as DL, but, I do enjoy my time spent there.

I must admit to never having spent any time at DCA. It looks like a different kind of fun and nothing beats Disneyland. I love the way it makes you feel like a kid again.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by garbear View Post
    It seems like not many people are grateful for it.
    It's not opposites to be grateful and want growth.

I can do both.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by andek098 View Post
    I must admit to never having spent any time at DCA. It looks like a different kind of fun and nothing beats Disneyland. I love the way it makes you feel like a kid again.
    I enjoy DCA...it isn't supposed to "beat Disneyland" (what could?) and it is a nice complimentry second option for things to do at the resort.

Welcome to Mice Chat by the way.

• Minion

We can love things that aren't perfect. I love Disneyland, but as Walt said "Disneyland will never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world." In other words, Disneyland will never be a finished product, it will continue to evolve.

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

I have always loved Disneyland, my first visit was in '92 and I cried when my family had to leave. I didn't get to go back until '03, which was also my first visit to DCA and I have been very fortunate to be able to go back once a year since. I eagerly anticpate every visit, my excitement grows which each passing day just like when I was a kid counting down to christmas. I watch Disney movies, specials on Disneyland, I read books and posts, look at other people picture's and just soak in anything remotely tied to Disneyland. So yeah I would have to say that I do appericate Disneyland and the magic that comes with a visit. I appericate being able to go and forget that I have real world worries and concerns. I love that I can ride the same rides that I rode back in '92 and I love the fact I can go and experience new things as well. As much as I love experiencing my old favorites, it's hard to beat the excitement of a new ride, riding it for the first time and hopefully making it a new favorite. As for DCA, while I think that there is room for improvement, I happen to have my favorites there too, such as soarin', the grizzly river run, it's tough to be a bug and Hollywood Pictures backlot.... even if it is a lot of "empty storefronts". So I think it is very easy to appericate something, while at the same time imagining how it can be even better.
    Christina

The only real change I'd like to see made is if they'd the minimum height wavied on bread toasters...they deserve a day off, too. And it'll be safe, it's not plugged in when it's not working.

• Fancy that...

for the record, I realy like DCA(no hate,just love), and Disneyland even more but even you can't not admit that you would like change in a few places here and there, I appreciate(sp) everything that is there and Sometimes it might not sound like it but in a way i think that the people who whine about this stuff love DLR enough to care about it's condition.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

First let me start off by saying this is a very good question coming from a young person such as yourself. But it is all a matter of perspective. For someone like myself, who will be 39 in less than four weeks, Disneyland is something that I grew up loving. And with all due respect I have seen it change much more dramatically than you have in your life.

I love Disneyland more than anything but when I want to see something change its because I want to see the park retain its quality that I grew accumstomed to due to my personal experience with the park.

Now, when you get to be almost 39 you may be wanting to change Disneyland yourself. When some suit in the future decides to put some roller coaster down the middle of Main Street, you might come on Micechat in the year 2032 and demand that it be taken out so that Disneyland is restored to the way you remember it. I am sure this is because you love Disneyland so much.

I am not saying that they should put a roller coaster down the middle of Main Street. But I have seen some changes which compared to the way I had grown up observing it, is just as drastic.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

they keep changing the stuff that shouldn't be changed and not the stuff that needs to be changed. its so frustrating.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    Disappointing.

From the subject line of the OP I though the text was going to be "WHY DON'T YOU MARRY IT?"

Well I would if I could! And then I could control it. Nyah.

Whats that suppose to mean?
    Har har har

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast