Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

if you love disneyland so much?!?

Most people are here because they love Disneyland. If you love Disneyland why is someone always post a thread, about trying to change Disneyland?

And most people agree with changing something.
    Har har har

• Digging to Earth's center

Re: if you love disneyland so much?!?

We don't talk about changing Disneyland because we hate it... it's not because we aren't grateful for it... it's not because we're never proud of it... it's because, like Walt, we have active minds, always seeking for expansion and growth. As Walt said, Disneyland will never be completed, and it's true as we always find more and more ideas that could make the place improved. The reason I talk about change is because I love to think about how good the future could be, and how interesting it would be to add this and that.

However, not all people here are like that. Some people talk about change because they think Disneyland isn't good enough, but don't worry, I haven't encountered many of those, just a few. I'm not going to pick names, but there are actually some people who want change because they make such a big fuss about bad paint jobs, overflowing trash cans, merchandise in shops, inappreciative CMs, etc.

The only thing I've ever complained about was a CM that left a wall to Splash Mountain open, which revealed everything behind Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Bear in the scene before the lift hill. Otherwise, I've never complained. I don't complain about DCA, because I love that too, unlike most.

I love Disneyland. I talk about change because I like to imagine "what if..."
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    it's not because we aren't grateful for it.

It seems like not many people are grateful for it.
    Har har har

^ Yeah, I agree with you. Especially with DCA haters.
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

Red Face Re: if you love disneyland so much?!?

Like any popular thing that is made, there are always going to be people who have a love hate relationship to something. Disneyland has several fans who will do the same. I knew a co-worker who will go to disneyland every few months, will ride the rides, loves the movies, but will also critique any flaws, will pass on the fireworks, fantasmic and parades cuz she's no longer impressed or entertained by them. Some people are dreamers they will love disneyland and disney for what they've brought even if they know the flaws they still love what's there. While others like my friend live with a reality that disney isn't perfect, as such they will note flaws more than anything else.

Just understand that you can't change that. People make up their minds and because of who they are that can't change. Just try to be you, like Disneyland and Disney your way.

A dream is a wish your heart makes.

To some disney dreams are the dreams of life, to others disney dreams are illusion that flawed though still make a nice day dream. We all like Disney in the end some just find different ways to express it.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

[quote=FinalAdventure;2195845 Especially with DCA haters.[/quote]

Me too. I don't like to create unnecessary drama, but I really enjoy DCA, and whenever there are a bunch of posters bashing it, I have to admit I get a bit offended. I agree that DCA is no Disneyland, but it is what it is, and I have had some truly magical experiences there. I don't get why so many people dislike it so much.
    <3 Chloe

Quote Originally Posted by QuietViolet View Post
    Me too. I don't like to create unnecessary drama, but I really enjoy DCA, and whenever there are a bunch of posters bashing it, I have to admit I get a bit offended. I agree that DCA is no Disneyland, but it is what it is, and I have had some truly magical experiences there. I don't get why so many people dislike it so much.
    I know! I guess it's the fact that it isn't "exact" theming to California, and that it's really cheap to them. Just because it isn't Disneyland is a major factor, and just because it isn't the most awesome 2nd park like Tokyo DisneySea was, is probably why people are so disappointed with it. My favorite thing about DCA is the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area because of Monsters Inc. and Tower of Terror, and I also like the Paradise Pier... because it's the first ever Disney boardwalk, and it looks amazing compared to all the other boardwalks in the world.

I've BEEN to other boardwalks. Gum, pieces of glass, empty soda cans, cigarettes, and trash are scattered all over the place... graffiti sprayed all over the walls, trash cans tipped over, unsafe carnival-style rides, inappropriate games (like topless lady race)...

Paradise Pier is AMAZING. When will people finally realize that? DCA is amazing!!! 1.2 billion dollars will make it even more amazing, they say, a rival to DisneySea eventually. If it's a rival to DisneySea, I'm going to be amazed and privileged to live 45 minutes away from it. I love DCA, 1.2 billion dollars or not.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• Knight that says Nee!!

Change in Disneyland is going to happen regardless of how we Disneyphiles react to it. My hope has always been that any changes are respectful to the theme concepts that Walt Disney established.

As some pro-change fans are fond of quoting as their support, Walt himself said something to the affect that Disneyland is not a museum and it will never be "finished." Change can be a good thing. Walt himself made changes to the park.

Talking about change in Disneyland does not automatically mean that a person doesn't appreciate it in the first place OR that they dislike it.

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    Paradise Pier is AMAZING. When will people finally realize that? DCA is amazing!!! 1.2 billion dollars will make it even more amazing, they say, a rival to DisneySea eventually. If it's a rival to DisneySea, I'm going to be amazed and privileged to live 45 minutes away from it. I love DCA, 1.2 billion dollars or not.

I personally enjoy DCA but, I thought I would point out that if the park were so amazing the Co wouldn't be investing 1.2 billion to fix it.

DCA is a good little park but, it really does need some serious TLC.

Oh and sometimes change is good, would you have prefered the original Fantasyland over the new one?

• revolutionary waltz

I love Disneyland, but I do not think it's perfect. As well, I am always hoping for more and better from it. That does not mean I do not love it.

The same goes for DCA--I love DCA and would never bash it. Does that mean I don't think it should be changed? Of course not--I really enjoy it, but things like putting in new rides or better rides is always welcome.

• Minion

Its not so much about ideas about changing it, but people just complain! so much how its not this or that. It makes them sound so unappreciative of Disneyland.
    Har har har

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    I personally enjoy DCA but, I thought I would point out that if the park were so amazing the Co wouldn't be investing 1.2 billion to fix it. DCA is a good little park but, it really does need some serious TLC.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying DCA is the best park in the world. It DOES have flaws, and it does have some really crappy work (like its California jokes displayed on signs "Brrr-Bank Ice Cream?" that foreigners and even people outside California just wouldn't understand)...

1.2 billion dollars would be awesome, because I'd love to see this park expanded and a little bit more corrected, theme-wise. But my point was that even if it didn't get 1.2 billion dollars, I'd love it. There was a time I preferred it over Disneyland... but that was 2004 and Tower of Terror was new, and to me it was the best ride ever, so that automatically made DCA a top for me.

I love DCA, but I could never, unlike most people, choose Disneyland over it. I've grown up with both, and I love both, despite flaws of both parks (including pixarification of Tomorrowland... Pixar fits in DCA better. I'm not sure why)

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

Yeah I get that garbear. I can't dare complain about Disneyland or DCA because what would I do if they weren't there. I value that Disneyland and DCA are there and I can never complain about anything there, because you can only go up from what's there. I love DCA as it is right now but I also look forward to everything that's coming and I will gladly visit even during it's multi-stage refurb.

And yes I do hate hearing all the complaints but you can't change a person's mind all you can do is ignore it and focus on enjoying the disneyland resort in your own way.

Oh yeah and hi local dude, lol not close but you're not that far away from me. So just waving hi here.

• revolutionary waltz

Quote Originally Posted by garbear View Post
    Its not so much about ideas about changing it, but people just complain! so much how its not this or that. It makes them sound so unappreciative of Disneyland.

Oh, then, I definitely agree. The complaining that often reduces down to nothing but bashing does make me sad. I'm sure they aren't really unappreciative, but it does make them seem that way.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure
    I love DCA, but I could never, unlike most people, choose Disneyland over it. I've grown up with both, and I love both, despite flaws of both parks (including pixarification of Tomorrowland... Pixar fits in DCA better. I'm not sure why)
    Although I, unlike you, would probably choose a day at Disneyland over a day at DCA, I'm happy to find someone else who has grown up with and thus loves both. :]

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I have to agree, that as an "outsider" - that is, someone who doesn't have the privilege of being able to visit a Disney park whenever I feel like it - I often find some of the conversations about changing things and peeling paint a bit pedantic. After all, the average customer may not want new things as often as the person who visits every weekend will.

However, loving something or being a fan of something is also recognising all of its faults as well. Personally, I'd prefer people to challenge the status quo and demand change where it is needed rather than sitting back on their laurels and agreeing "Disney knows best...". After all, Disney is simply a company and the parks are merely an extension of that corporate brand. The whole point of the parks are physically interactive customer relations and brand-name marketing in a "fun" environment. It is up to us - the consumer - to dictate what our wants are, rather than letting a set of corporate suits decide "what we will all be riding/wearing/listening to/reading/watching/thinking this summer".

See how easy it is to go from outraged fanboy to outraged civil libertarian in two paragraphs? You can too. Ask me HOW.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast