Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help plan Christmas Disneyland trip

We lost our son almost two weeks ago. I don't think I can handle the holidays this year. We would like to take our kids 5 and 2 to Disneyland over Christmas.

My mind is so numb right now that I can't even think of where to begin. We have been to Disney a couple times. We stayed at a hotel directly across from the entrance that I can't even rememeber the name of at this point. I would like to stay there again.

Who has a good price on park tickets? I am thinking 3 or 5 day hopper tickets. I am not sure of anything right now.

Can someone please direct me? I usually love to get into this kind of thing, but at this point I am just doing what people tell me, and that is about all I can do.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Re: Help plan Christmas Disneyland trip

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Have you been to the site yet to look up ticket prices? Different people can give you better indepth help, but I figured I'd post anyway. It might bring other to the board? I dunno.

Do you remember what this hotel looked like? There's lots of hotels, I'm not too sure which one. Like, color schemes? Or what else it was by? Was it a Disney hotel?

Five day park hopped tickets are 164 dollars for children 9 and under, and 194 for adults (10 years or older). Three day park hopper tickets are 139 for children 9 and under, and 169 for adults. And then there's a four day park hopper (154 for children and 184 for adults).

Did that answer the ticket question? Here's the link to the prices and such: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ketListingPage

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Thoughts and prayers to you for your loss.... hopefully being at the park with your other children will bring back some wonderful memories for you.

It sounds like you stayed at the Park Vue Inn. Its right across from the resort entrance on Harbor.

As for ticket prices, codelyokorox has already posted the link to the Disney web site. I'm not sure if there are any other places that would have more discounted tickets, but if anyone will know, its our MiceChatters!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

Hate to bum you out but the prices did go up a little on the multi day passes. You might want to go to Costco or something to get your pass. As SoCal residence we use our AP's.

Do you want to go close to x-mas or around the time. The closer you get to the holiday the busier it gets. The hours increase though but once school lets out for the whole state it can get crazy.

I called the resort and there are rooms avalible at PPH and DLH for very resonable. If you don't care about staying on site the hotels in the area are pretty good. Check out hotel's .com there are advertising both resort properties for 279 and 305. That could change the closer you get to x-mas holiday.

Enjoy your trip and take care

• Minion

This hotel is directly across the street.

http://anaheimdesertinn.com/
    Har har har

Thanks for the replies. Park Vue Inn, that was the one. I can't believe I did not remember, but like I said, my mind is pretty numb.

I was thinking of going actually for Christmas. DH just said he thought we should still do the whole tree and presents thing with the kids. I did not think I could do that originally, but I guess he is probably right.

When does school let out for Christmas around there?

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

The tickets at The Disney Store are cheaper than Disneyland's website. I am sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayer go out to you.

I don't know about the school district directly where DL is, but I can tell you that LA unified, the largest school district in the LA area get out 12/14 for their winter break. Also The school district where we live, about 60 miles away starts their break a week later, 12/21. Whatever you decide to do just keep in mind that it will be crowded.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

We get out about a week before christmas, here.

We went to DisneyWorld for christmas one year, and we got ornaments and a tree and stuff and set it up in our hotel room. It was lots of fun. (Just in case you wanna come for Christmas and still do the tree thing)

No words can say how I feel for you and your family right now.

I would recommend using a travel agent for this trip. They can do a whole package for you and could probably even coordinate or think of details that you might not think of, given the circumstances.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I am so sorry for your loss. I am not too familiar with hotels or ticket prices but others have already given you great information. I go in December every year for my birthday during the 2nd week. The crowds are light and the temperatures aren't too cool during the day. Definately jacket weather at night.

I hope you can plan your trip so your holiday will have some happy times.

Gosh, I have no words either to express my sympathy for your family. I have to agree with josephfive on the travel agent thing. They don't cost that much more than doing it yourself. Mine only charged my an extra $20 and the rest was the same if I had gone through DL. Given your situation, they might be able to arrange some "special" things for you.

Good luck. I will keep you in my prayers. You are brave for going on this journey to DL after being hurt so fresh. Sometimes it's good to have something to look forward to to help ease some of the pain. And as you probably know, going under the tunnel at the front of DL takes away a lot of stress. Leaving it behind you even if just for a few days. And don't feel guilty doing that. I'm sure you son would love for that to happen for you and your family.

• Princess at heart

I agree with the travel agent idea. There's a really nice couple here on MiceChat that are in that business. You might want to give them a try, plus it doesn't hurt just find out what kind of assistance they can offer. You can send a PM to either Wolfy999 or Mr. Lightyear999 to see how they might be able to help.

I hope you and your family have a magical christmas. Although it won't take away the pain, it will be another step toward healing.

Take care.
    ~ Tami

• Minion

Sorry for your loss.

I have been to Disneyland ON Christmas and it was just perfect. Busy, yes, but a great way to spend the holiday.

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

You and your family are in our special thoughts and prayers. When I was 16 my dad passed very very suddenly in the beginning of November. Although that holiday season was tragic it also provided us with a grieving and healing process. We had wonderful memories to keep us going and keeping with our holiday traditions and routines helped us cope. Mom had made the decision to move to San Diego after dad passed. We lived in the midwest and had been visiting DL since 1959 with dad probably every 3 years or so. She planned a ginormous Disneyland vacation on the way to San Diego. It gave us all a little brightness during some dark days. When mom passed almost 20 years later, our first thoughts were "we need to go to Disneyland". The familiarity of going to a place of happiness we had all enjoyed filled us with love that helped with the loss. Even now, more than 15 years later, the music and laughter and fireworks keep our parents close. Let someone plan this trip for you. This will allow you to relax and revive yourself and your family. Disneyland is a wonderful place to come together as a family, relive old memories, create new ones and heal through the love. Blessings to all of you.
    DisneyBroad54

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast