Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Anaheim now trying to block a 3rd Theme Park

But around 10 years ago, The City of Anaheim decided to set less than 5% of the city as a "Resort Area" which was zoned for commercial uses (tourism). That was a decision made, and then Disney agreed to GUARANTEE bonds issued to pay for the improvements in the area, to be repaid by part of the hotel tax revenue earned in the area. So is it fair to reduce the area where this income is supposed to be produced, for one very big company (SunCal Developers) to make MILLIONS in profit just due to a zoning change?

But EVERY city decides to take certain areas and declares them commercial, shopping centers, Wal-Mart's etc. Some cities specialize in a part of town that sells Auto and other vehicles, gives them special tax breaks and spends tax dollars promoting the area.

But that is like people, you work to make money, and then have fun and relax.

Compare that to commercial areas (money making areas for cities) and then the residential and open areas (Residentioal is about a break even for most cities, and open areas is an expense for the cities). You HAVE to have commercial to pay for the open areas.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    So is it fair to reduce the area where this income is supposed to be produced
    How much income is the mobile home park currently bringing to the city?

• "I Break Things"

Lucille Kring is the third vote, and is more of a centrist (as compared to left leaning), I think she got upset when Disney tried to block her vote by bringing up her ownership in a Wine Bar in the Garden Walk project, and now is just voting in anger.
    Considering Disney filed for the paperwork and then sat on it until the very last minute in an attempt to block her from voting... yeah I WOULD be a little upset. I think it's comical how hard they tried to butter her up once they realized she would be the swing vote!

But around 10 years ago, The City of Anaheim decided to set less than 5% of the city as a "Resort Area" which was zoned for commercial uses (tourism). That was a decision made, and then Disney agreed to GUARANTEE bonds issued to pay for the improvements in the area, to be repaid by part of the hotel tax revenue earned in the area. So is it fair to reduce the area where this income is supposed to be produced, for one very big company (SunCal Developers) to make MILLIONS in profit just due to a zoning change?
    Ummm 10 years ago the cit council was controlled mainly by Disney and passed a variety of things including this which obviously benefited Disney. During the construction Disney also took the time to run high power lines among other things. Disney also made a lot of promises they have not followed through with including units of low income that they were supposed to build.

Please do not misunderstand I am not pro SunCal, I just think that all those years of Disney running the show has come back to bite them. Personally I am against this but I know that future developers will use the same or similar tactics.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011