Cool Surprise Trip in 2 weeks

I am going to surprise my son with a trip to Disneyland in two weeks. We are driving out on Friday night the 12th and going to see my little cousin for his 4th birthday and on Saturday me and my aunt are taking the kids to Disneyland and having a birthday party on Sunday.
    We went to Disneyland for my sons 3rd birthday in July and that is all he keeps talking about is going back. All you have to do is mention the word and he tells me that we are going next week (he came up with that one on his own, I am glad he can't read a calendar).
    We have 1 day in the park and its a saturday so I am hoping its not a super packed day.
    I just wanted to share with everyone.

Katie

Re: Surprise Trip in 2 weeks

How exciting!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I surprised my 14 year old grandson with a trip to Disneyland. He found out about the trip the day before his 14th birthday. We went 6 days later, and celebrated his birthday while we were there. My grandson, his mom and I had a great trip.

I Wish you a wonderful time. It's a lot of fun surprising kids.

• ...lurks...

Cool! Hope you take lots of photos!

• Future Imagineer!!

Surprise trips are always the best!!!

In like May in 5th grade my parents and older sister woke me up at like 2 in the morning on friday and told me to get in the car....i was hecka groggy and didnt know what was going on....my dad just said that we were going to the land o' dentists to have our teeth drilled all day long....and since i was only in 5th grade i didnt recognize the drive like i would nowadays....turns out they had packed a suitcase for me without my noticing and had been planning it for a few weeks as a surprise!

point being when we got there just in time for opening on friday it was one of the best surprises ive ever had in my life!!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
    Surprise trips are always the best!!!
    What she said! One time my best friend and I took my daughter to Disneyland when she was very young. We told her we were going to pick asparagus. The whole drive down she sat in the back seat and talked about how she was going to pick asparagus... without any enthusiasm... then we got to the park! It was great fun!!

Have a good time and like other have said, take lots of pictures!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

You and he are going to have a blast. We surprised our kids when they were little and told them that we were going to a really good breakfast place and that it would take a while to get there. We had packed their clothes while they slept the night before. When they started to get a bit cranky after about an hour and a half in the car we pulled over at a rest stop and fed them donuts and told them it was still a ways for breakfast. When we passed the AZ-CA border my hubby put on his ears and asked them 'guess where we are really going?'.

I love surprises. so congrats. I stopped surprizing my daughter. when we were in Kinder.I told her we were going to mcdonalds for lunch. mind you I am in Santa Cruz. we got about 3 hours from home and we decided to tell her. we kept passing mcdonalds on the freeway. she was decided she wanted to go home because she would miss the pumpkin patch. since then I decided to tell her.

• Hiding in the shadows

Yay! Surprise trips are so much fun. We surprised my daughter a few months ago when we got her her very first AP (she had just turned three). We went the long way off the freeway and drove around the park and finally she said "Mommy I see Disneyland rides". I still played it off that I couldn't see them and that wasn't where we were going. Finally after we parked and I gave her her ears, she knew its where we were going.

A little piece of heaven

• Minion

As Parents we have always done the surprise thing!
    it is the best, they never forget it, they are adults now and still tell people about when they got surprised! Have a blast
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• Once Upon a Dream

Hmmm... My little guy knows were going SOMEDAY to Disneyland, just not when. I think we're just going to have to surprise him now rather than tell him. I'm going to have to remember to have the video camera out when he first spots the Matterhorn! Can't wait!

P.S. I'm also a Matthew's Mommy

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    What she said! One time my best friend and I took my daughter to Disneyland when she was very young. We told her we were going to pick asparagus. The whole drive down she sat in the back seat and talked about how she was going to pick asparagus... without any enthusiasm... then we got to the park! It was great fun!!
    Surprises aren't always so great: when I was 10, my dad packed me and my sister into the car and said, "We're goin' to Disneyland!". We ended up picking asparagus.

I think he will notice when we get to my cousins house where we are going.
    I am going to get his clothes all packed before we go and pick him up from daycare and head straight to my cousins. We aren't going to DL til the next day and I think the cousins will let him know before then but hey its worth a shot *LOL*

I just can't read the message boards in front of him he loves to look at the pictures from trip reports and fights me for control of the keyboard and keeps telling me he wants to go.

I want to get him a pair of the bat halloween ears but I can't get them before we go

Katie

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Surprises aren't always so great: when I was 10, my dad packed me and my sister into the car and said, "We're goin' to Disneyland!". We ended up picking asparagus.

I don't know why but that literally made me lol...

ON TOPIC:

Have a fantastic trip, and I'll keep my fingers crossed in regards to the crowds for you!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member